Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rumor: New Epcot Resort

Is there language on how many rooms have to have balconies? Or anything about location of the balcony? Unless it's specifically says that all rooms, or a percentage have to have balconies, they could easily just have a minimal amount facing an area that is inaccessible to guests. Even a single room that they keep booked with selected guests, staff, or event intentionally empty could meet the requirement depending on the language.

They can mix DVC rooms (with balconies) and regular hotel rooms (without balconies) in the same building. Grand Californian already does this (although all the rooms have balconies).

That really wouldn't make a difference though since you can break a window if you really want to, just like the Vegas shooter did. There are no balconies at Mandalay Bay in Vegas and he managed to do what he set out to do anyway.

They can mix DVC rooms (with balconies) and regular hotel rooms (without balconies) in the same building. Grand Californian already does this (although all the rooms have balconies).

That really wouldn't make a difference though since you can break a window if you really want to, just like the Vegas shooter did. There are no balconies at Mandalay Bay in Vegas and he managed to do what he set out to do anyway.

I hope that I'm never wrong on this but mass shootings like Vegas are not that common (although, I'm starting to question this point long held by law enforcement). I suppose that they could force all luggage to go through a scanner like airports have.

I'm more concerned that it's just a bad idea and a stupid place to put a hotel. If they want an EPCOT hotel, shift it off to the side and away from the main entrance.

The new rumor, which I like a lot more (placement wise), is that the hotel will be located where the bus stop is and Epcot's sprawling bus station will finally get updated and moved closer to the entrance of the park.

At least this way the hotel isn't blocking any views, but it also doesn't have any good views from it either. The only possible plus it could really have is if there would be an entrance to the park on the hotel grounds. Any entrance from there would come out somewhere around The Seas i'd think. I'd also think a hotel like this would be similar to the Endless Summer design of having much of the rooms face inwards... since the view out would be parking lot.

EDIT: Just read on Magic that not long before I made this posted, @Marni1971 posted "Well. There’s a chance this discussion could quietly fade away." So it looks like this is a project really in flux.

Last edited:
An Epcot entrance resort doesn't make sense still when you have Boardwalk, Beach, and Yacht clubs within quick walking distance.

It makes sense from Disney's point of view if you can call it another Monorail resort and charge a lot more

Supposedly some inside the company just remembered they already have hotels at a gate to Epcot, and the Yacht/Beach Club don’t even fill up all the time. Plus, some folks, like us, really don’t want to see anything in front of Epcot, whether it’s blocking the view, or just complicating the parking lot, it’s just something without a lot of fans at Imagineering. Supposedly.

Supposedly some inside the company just remembered they already have hotels at a gate to Epcot, and the Yacht/Beach Club don’t even fill up all the time. Plus, some folks, like us, really don’t want to see anything in front of Epcot, whether it’s blocking the view, or just complicating the parking lot, it’s just something without a lot of fans at Imagineering. Supposedly.

Wouldn't coming to such a conclusion require common sense?

A lot of higher ups who push Imagineering to do things are clueless about most things at WDW other than that it brings in a lot of money for the company.

Could it be equated to a designer instructing a crew to install a new kitchen without visiting your house or talking to you about what you like?

Only one thing I want to see at the entrance to Epcot ~ remove the tombstones........