(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think it is just UOR, people want instant fun not sit and be entertained for 20 minutes. Down the street they run shows old enough to buy a drink so fresh and new in theatres is not the norm but Universal really needs to put something in these spaces.

I think the issue are the theme park shows are too cheesy. Sinbad was so dumb it never made me want to watch it. Put in something actually cool and exciting and fresh, it would do well.

Honestly if they aren't using the venue for anything Potter oriented anytime soon, I wonder if this might be cause to as of for the moment, bring back an old attraction from Universal Studios Florida's past. That being, Wild Wild West.

The venue would only need minor changes here and there to make it work, right? And it was mentioned in surveys a long time ago. A very short-term change but if it adds something for people be seated, then I'd say go for it.

I'm all for this. The show was fun and if it was there, I would certainly go watch it.

Especially with Universal tapping into Nostalgia, bringing it back, even for a small run, would be great.

I love Diagon and any expansion would be great ... but a broomstick simulator never made sense.

Too similar to the Hogwarts castle ride, which is a train trip away. Also, doesn't make any story sense for its London location.

Throw it in Epic - flying around a non Hogwarts location.
Couldn't agree more.

Diagon clearly needs an additional attraction. It holds just one e-ticket and a transportation attraction while IOA's Potter has 2 mega e-tickets, a c-ticket, AND the same transportation ride.

FFL plot is (and should remain) the expansion area for Diagon / London but it's absolutely true that a VR ride doesn't really make much sense for the space. I have to assume the limited size of the plot is a factor but I think there is more land to play around with than we think, especially if the Ministry of Magic attraction was always planned for the same location.

I don’t want MIB to go, just realistic that it’s future may not be forever at USF. Just bring the Ministry over here with the planned E ticket and show to fill the FFL and MIB plots.

Obviously that leaves a major spot at EU, but I don’t get why this isn’t their goal.

• Sad
Reactions: natespf
I don’t want MIB to go, just realistic that it’s future may not be forever at USF. Just bring the Ministry over here with the planned E ticket and show to fill the FFL and MIB plots.

Obviously that leaves a major spot at EU, but I don’t get why this isn’t their goal.

If they don’t have a ready replacement for the VR attraction at EU/Studios, I doubt they have the ability to replace the showpiece of an anchor land. Potter clearly needs a presence in their new park (seemingly), so it’s a little late in the game to be gutting it for an established park.

If they don’t have a ready replacement for the VR attraction at EU/Studios, I doubt they have the ability to replace the showpiece of an anchor land. Potter clearly needs a presence in their new park (seemingly), so it’s a little late in the game to be gutting it for an established park.
No I hear you, I guess I’m just saying I wish their strategies were different.

Reactions: Nico
No I hear you, I guess I’m just saying I wish their strategies were different.

That I get, but the question I have is, what would they gain by doing this? Thematic integrity? They could leave Diagon as is and the GP would still eat it up. They could add any Potter C ticket there and get the same benefit. Plus, if we’re talking strategy, if Studio’s issue with the GP is screens, I’d rather them run their play in course correcting that.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
That I get, but the question I have is, what would they gain by doing this? Thematic integrity? They could leave Diagon as is and the GP would still eat it up. They could add any Potter C ticket there and get the same benefit. Plus, if we’re talking strategy, if Studio’s issue with the GP is screens, I’d rather them run their play in course correcting that.
Well assuming the Potter E ticket is set based to a degree that helps. I do think thematic integrity is important to a degree, but I also think USF needs a “major” addition, which helps here too.

I get why they feel the need to have more Potter here though.

Honestly if they aren't using the venue for anything Potter oriented anytime soon, I wonder if this might be cause to as of for the moment, bring back an old attraction from Universal Studios Florida's past. That being, Wild Wild West.

The venue would only need minor changes here and there to make it work, right? And it was mentioned in surveys a long time ago. A very short-term change but if it adds something for people be seated, then I'd say go for it.
Yes, PLEASE! It was such a fun show.

Maybe they had an epiphany and realized that they moved the wrong Potter attraction from Epic to USF?
If it’s the E ticket moving then it’s gotta be replaced I imagine. This is all very interesting though. I’d imagine if anything opens there in 2024 they’d need to start demo in the next month or two, so we should have our answer soon.

Maybe they had an epiphany and realized that they moved the wrong Potter attraction from Epic to USF?
Would the Ministry E-ticket (as currently designed) fit in the FFL space? I know a London Ministry of Magic was always planned for USF before EU was fast tracked but I'm not clear if the ride remained the same size when the location changed. Given the rumored verticality (3 floors with elevators moving between them) means it likely could fit?

Would the Ministry E-ticket (as currently designed) fit in the FFL space?
As designed for Epic? No. It would have to lose all the of Floo network fireplaces to get in, and the massive atrium, which may very well be so incredible it will put the Gringotts bank lobby to shame. Without that part of the experience, I feel like you’d be missing out on half the point of building the attraction.

You’d probably have to remove MiB to fit it all, as currently designed.

As designed for Epic? No. It would have to lose all the of Floo network fireplaces to get in, and the massive atrium, which may very well be so incredible it will put the Gringotts bank lobby to shame. Without that part of the experience, I feel like you’d be missing out on half the point of building the attraction.

You’d probably have to remove MiB to fit it all, as currently designed.
Got it. Makes sense especially given the Floo network was likely added after the decision to move the ride to EU for narrative reasons (being transported from Paris to London). It would be a shame to lose the impressive queue and atrium but at the same time I'm still irked by the placement.

A true Tower of Terror competitor (with more horizontal movement) has always been my dream for the FFL space since it would have provided an experience entirely missing from the resort and the ride system would be a thematic fit for the ministry. I know the current plan calls for lifts to be used but I assume there isn't enough room in the shafts to allow for a true drop profile like Tower/Guardians has.

Got it. Makes sense especially given the Floo network was likely added after the decision to move the ride to EU for narrative reasons (being transported from Paris to London). It would be a shame to lose the impressive queue and atrium but at the same time I'm still irked by the placement.

A true Tower of Terror competitor (with more horizontal movement) has always been my dream for the FFL space since it would have provided an experience entirely missing from the resort and the ride system would be a thematic fit for the ministry. I know the current plan calls for lifts to be used but I assume there isn't enough room in the shafts to allow for a true drop profile like Tower/Guardians has.
I don’t believe the ride system is going for a drop tower feel, as much as a dark ride that travels in all directions.

Reactions: NocturneFexy
I mean if they really want to move the E-ticket over, they have more room they can use. That's like 3 acres. Not sure how much room they'd need though. There's logistical issues there of course, but they don't *need* that second pathway.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 6.01.02 PM.png