(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just wish this was the British ministry. I don’t want this, but I feel MIB is at least on the chopping block with the future of USF, hope I’m wrong, just a prediction though. So I wish we got that land here as I imagine the building could fit on those plots. Create nice facades and some window food options to fill the deadspace between Springfield, and it could work.

The Paris/British Ministry thing for epic is fine but I feel it’d work so well here.

I just wish this was the British ministry. I don’t want this, but I feel MIB is at least on the chopping block with the future of USF, hope I’m wrong, just a prediction though. So I wish we got that land here as I imagine the building could fit on those plots. Create nice facades and some window food options to fill the deadspace between Springfield, and it could work.

The Paris/British Ministry thing for epic is fine but I feel it’d work so well here.
I think we've entered a new legacy era of Universal where things will stick around a lot longer than they used too

MIB is at the bottom of things I think will be replaced in the near term

I honestly think it will outlive Simpsons

It's also far enough away from the new Potter attraction that it won't really clash, and is a beloved people eater lol

I think we've entered a new legacy era of Universal where things will stick around a lot longer than they used too

MIB is at the bottom of things I think will be replaced in the near term

I honestly think it will outlive Simpsons

It's also far enough away from the new Potter attraction that it won't really clash, and is a beloved people eater lol
I hope this is correct!

I’ve never tried a VR headset but the idea of using one on a coaster makes me feel sick.

In my mind, I think any movement on this won’t really move your head, which should make for a more pleasant experience.

I've done a few VR coasters/attractions/vr ride cafes....for the indoor stuff, they usually pumped the AC and added a lot of fans.

I know Minions was pushed to 2023 but do we know if PotterVR is still slated for USF in 2024?

I'm still incredibly confused about the location swap for the upcoming HP attractions in general (for EU and USF). The ride originally meant to be set in Paris will now be going into London and the ride taking place at the British Ministry of Magic (located in London in the book) will be sticking with a Paris main entrance? Obviously they're going to change the story and setting for the VR attraction to have it take place in and around London but it's still strange to me that the big E-ticket at EU will be sticking with a London theme essentially surrounded by Parisian buildings for no good reason other than whatever contrived plot reason they give in a pre-show that no one will hear anyway. I understand they'll likely have us "transported" via the queue or something but it is still odd when they have a replica of London sitting down the road being underused at a different park.

If I remember correctly the British Ministry of Magic was always planned for USF prior to EU getting "fast-tracked" back in 2019 which was understandable back then given the timing and overall circumstances. The land would have also had the Paris-themed VR ride which would have at least grounded one of the two E-tickets directly with the environment. But now the ride placement just seems silly.

Why not build Ministry of Magic London where it was originally supposed to go and keep the VR ride and show in EU? USF needs a non-simulator dark ride anyway and the rich environmental storytelling of the existing lands would be retained.

Reactions: gator
From the Shrek thread where this is also being discussed:

Rumors of Potter VR's demise may be greatly exaggerated

But for which park?

I know Minions was pushed to 2023 but do we know if PotterVR is still slated for USF in 2024?

I'm still incredibly confused about the location swap for the upcoming HP attractions in general (for EU and USF). The ride originally meant to be set in Paris will now be going into London and the ride taking place at the British Ministry of Magic (located in London in the book) will be sticking with a Paris main entrance? Obviously they're going to change the story and setting for the VR attraction to have it take place in and around London but it's still strange to me that the big E-ticket at EU will be sticking with a London theme essentially surrounded by Parisian buildings for no good reason other than whatever contrived plot reason they give in a pre-show that no one will hear anyway. I understand they'll likely have us "transported" via the queue or something but it is still odd when they have a replica of London sitting down the road being underused at a different park.

If I remember correctly the British Ministry of Magic was always planned for USF prior to EU getting "fast-tracked" back in 2019 which was understandable back then given the timing and overall circumstances. The land would have also had the Paris-themed VR ride which would have at least grounded one of the two E-tickets directly with the environment. But now the ride placement just seems silly.

Why not build Ministry of Magic London where it was originally supposed to go and keep the VR ride and show in EU? USF needs a non-simulator dark ride anyway and the rich environmental storytelling of the existing lands would be retained.

I generally agree with your overall points (especially about the mixed-up thematic strangeness, and the need for a less simulator-y dark ride at Universal Studios Florida), but I don't believe the VR attraction is going to be an E-ticket, so it probably couldn't be enough of an anchor for an entire land at Epic Universe.

But in a more logical world, yes, the Ministry should be going into USF on and around the Fear Factor plot.

To me, the most ideal situation would be for VR to remain in EU, while Universal takes the time (although they've had plenty of time, but whatever!) to come up with a dark ride concept that they're comfortable with for USF, and if that means it doesn't open until after EU, so be it.

Reactions: therock
I don't know about "upgrade" (that's pretty hyperbolic), but I would definitely rather keep that plot in play for a future attraction of a different type that might interest me.
If they remove the bleachers I will be comfortable but until then it could raise it's *** **** head again. Not until...

Could be as simple as they don't have a replacement ready for it in EU and the powers that be aren't willing to have the EU land open "incomplete". Might have this on hold until they can come up with an acceptable replacement. If they can't find a replacement, this gets shifted back to EU. No reason to start tearing FFL down until then.

Could be as simple as they don't have a replacement ready for it in EU and the powers that be aren't willing to have the EU land open "incomplete". Might have this on hold until they can come up with an acceptable replacement. If they can't find a replacement, this gets shifted back to EU. No reason to start tearing FFL down until then.
This was my exact thought. I guess they didn’t have a plan b for the second attraction at the EU potter land ?

I love Diagon and any expansion would be great ... but a broomstick simulator never made sense.

Too similar to the Hogwarts castle ride, which is a train trip away. Also, doesn't make any story sense for its London location.

Throw it in Epic - flying around a non Hogwarts location.

They just need something in this space, among others. Walking past so many abandoned theaters this past weekend was depressing. When was the time of death called on the theme park show at UOR?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Honestly if they aren't using the venue for anything Potter oriented anytime soon, I wonder if this might be cause to as of for the moment, bring back an old attraction from Universal Studios Florida's past. That being, Wild Wild West.

The venue would only need minor changes here and there to make it work, right? And it was mentioned in surveys a long time ago. A very short-term change but if it adds something for people be seated, then I'd say go for it.

They just need something in this space, among others. Walking past so many abandoned theaters this past weekend was depressing. When was the time of death called on the theme park show at UOR?
I don't think it is just UOR, people want instant fun not sit and be entertained for 20 minutes. Down the street they run shows old enough to buy a drink so fresh and new in theatres is not the norm but Universal really needs to put something in these spaces.

Reactions: Coolbfitz