Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's kind of stretching a new attraction :lol: . But if anything there counted it could be Strongwater Tavern :),,,...
But, all joking aside....Diagon was sooo good that, like god, Universal rested a bit longer than a day.
I mean a new big resort with one of the best restaurants on property isn’t a small addition either, but I hear you.

Escape Room sounds awesome, especially if it’s designed around Universal film properties. I wouldn’t be shocked at a new parade either.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I want an escape room themed to Quint's shack from JAWS, sans windows.
tumblr_ntnyywul911qcye95o1_640.jpg

Minions is 2023. 2024 is still up in the air.

2024 is up in the air meaning PotterVR might not be the 2024 attraction after all or up in the air meaning it might just be delayed until after EU?

Originally Villain Con was for 22, but everything got pushed back apparently, rumored anyway, so now looking at early to mid 23 probably.

With Villain Con shifting to 2023, any chance we could get an enhanced facade and possibly a Minions retheme to the front-half of Production Central? Something will eventually be done with the entrance right? In a perfect world Hollywood would become the main "entry land" since it seems like they're committed to never getting rid of the two soundstage attractions that foolishly dominate the entrance. Any time they have a chance to do something they put a new screen inside the box.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled it for USF and moved it back to EU. I guess we'll see if they ever actually start demolishing FFL.

In that case there aren't too many "turn key" options left for a 2024 USF addition. Pets is out. What's left? Doubt they have enough time to develop an original attraction not already planned or built at an existing park.

You’re not the only one asking that question.
A rundown off the top of my head:

Waterworld: Way too large
Kung Fu Panda from Beijing: Not well received
Pets: Capacity issues but still the best option
Fast & Furious re-do: Not impactful enough to market and drive attendance
Cheap Kidzone retheme: Land is likely too valuable to just slap something together
Rethemed Space Fantasy from USJ: Not gonna happen but we can dream. It also doesn't fit without lots of movement of backstage areas and roads.

I'm at a loss.

SpaceFantasyUSF.jpg

Wrong thread, but is this the general consensus? Thumbs for good ride, sad face for bad ride?

So basically the same as Diagon lol. Land is absolutely stunning. Won't happen but I would gladly trade Springfield for it.

I could definitely see FFL being left untouched just like KidZone. At least anyone who didn't make it this past year could see Nightmare Fuel.

It's a real possibility Central FL sees no additions in 2024.

Last edited:
I honestly prefer the name Big Kahuna.
Marketing: Let yourself whoa at Universal's Big Kahuna. :lol:

It does have a nice ring to it, or maybe I just don't like the EU name that much in comparison.

The yearly streak is broken. Has Universal finally lost their edge?! ;)
Poseidon's Fury's refurbishment should be wrapping up soon, shouldn't it? I think that'll be their 2022 thing.

As interesting as this project sounds, I really do wish they would close down Minion Mayhem and move it all over to a part of KZ (build a 'real' Minion ride), making use of some of that area until they fill the rest with something else which would allow them to redo the entrance area of USF as a whole. Maybe accidentally knock over Rockit's station while they're there.

Reactions: belloq87