Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

My guess is this was true for a time...but things change, and since D23 a lot of things are changing. They may return to those jobs for a few months, but not more than that.
Just to add to this these TM’s were seasoned ones who’ve been around for a long time and were well aware of the rumors and have pretty good connections of their own and obviously seen these things come along over the years.

That being said personally I feel like this could go either way. I’m taking a grain of salt with both sides of this.

Still, F&F will help when it opens early next year
:bang:
This again?

1) As much as we dislike the attraction, F&F will have an attendance increase- if it's anything like Kong's increase, it could hit double digits
2) F&F is a virtual queue
3) The limited people in the virtual queue won't negate the attendance increase
Just a guess- it will be, what, a 30 min max wait once you're physically queued? It certainly won't be the 2-3hr queues that Kong ate up.

F&F ain't gonna help capacity unless they ditch the idiotic virtual queue idea.
The best thing USF has going for it is that FFL sucks and no one really goes to it.

Last edited:
I'm ready, let's do this.

giphy.gif

Just to add to this these TM’s were seasoned ones who’ve been around for a long time and were well aware of the rumors and have pretty good connections of their own and obviously seen these things come along over the years.

That being said personally I feel like this could go either way. I’m taking a grain of salt with both sides of this.

Unless a lot of well sourced people got duped, this is on like Donkey Kong.

:bang:
This again?

1) As much as we hate it, F&F will have an attendance increase- if it's anything like Kong's increase, it could hit double digits
2) F&F Is a virtual queue
3) The limited people in the virtual queue won't negate the attendance increase

F&F ain't gonna help capacity unless they ditch the idiotic virtual queue idea.
The best thing USF has going for it is that FFL sucks and no one really goes to it.
:rolleyes:
The "virtual queue" is no different than T2 and AA and FFL only taking people off the streets a bit before their shows start. So yes, it will help.

:rolleyes:
The "virtual queue" is no different than T2 and AA and FFL only taking people off the streets a bit before their shows start. So yes, it will help.
IF there was no attendance increase from a new attraction, sure (and you forgot Beetlejuice and Disaster). But that won't be the case, as it hasn't been in the last 6 years. Every new attraction gets at least a 6% bump. Usually double digits.
But I guess we can disregard that if it doesn't fit the narrative...

IF there was no attendance increase from a new attraction, sure. But that won't be the case, as it hasn't been in the last 6 years. Every new attraction gets at least a 6% bump. Usually double digits.
But I guess we can disregard that if it doesn't fit the narrative...

Dude, I'm not saying it's going to cover everything. I'm saying a ride opening will help, because it will. It's a fact that open ride > closed ride when it comes to capacity. I'm not saying it'll be a cure-all. I get that "queue-less" gives you angst. I think it's a dumb idea overall. But it's not this catastrophic disaster you make it out to be.

Dude, I'm not saying it's going to cover everything. I'm saying a ride opening will help, because it will. It's a fact that open ride > closed ride when it comes to capacity. I'm not saying it'll be a cure-all. I get that "queue-less" gives you angst. I think it's a dumb idea overall. But it's not this catastrophic disaster you make it out to be.
If this is all that was happening, Queueless is more than fine. It only gives me angst when Beetlejuice, Disaster, the entirety of Kidzone (not just AA), FFL, T2- and God forbid Shrek all come offline. That, in addition to the attendance boost the park will inevitably get (no debate here) is going to be catastrophic. When they came up with the idea of a Queueless F&F, they didn't have all this stuff on the books. We know the D23 announcement changed things- much like Park 4's lawsuit stuff going on.
Plans change, all the time. Still rolling with Queueless for F&F is a colossal F-up given the parks immediate plans. If it was only Kidzone/Nintendo, then by all means, roll queueless- but all these minor closures compound. And when you throw increased attendance on top of it- it will be worse than 2012. At this point, I'd rather F&F not come up and they just close these minor attractions so there won't be an attendance boon.

Its still exciting, and I'm glad everything is happening- The thoughts of Production central being redone is beyond over-needed. MoM fleshing out HP is going to be incredible. But let's have that F&F queue eat up 200+ minute queues like Kong did.
For anyone that has seen the plans- could they still have a queue if they wanted?

ETA: Sorry for being off-topic.
To bring it full circle to MoM- All of the new attractions at UOR, Fallon, F&F and an entire park, will have been queueless. If this is an actual attraction and not a walkthrough/show area- do we see it being queueless?
I prefer Fallon's queueless operation due to the pre-shows- MoM could easily replicate similar things as that.

Last edited:
I prefer Fallon's queueless operation due to the pre-shows- MoM could easily replicate similar things as that.
Fast and Furious will likely have entertainment in the queueless queue as well. And cars on display to look at similar to the Tonight Show museum displays. Plus preshows will be another ~10 minutes. So should be a similar situation to Fallon.

I don't see any Potter rides using queueless (or Nintendo for that matter.)

To bring it full circle to MoM- All of the new attractions at UOR, Fallon, F&F and an entire park, will have been queueless. If this is an actual attraction and not a walkthrough/show area- do we see it being queueless?

AFAIK none of the Nintendo rides are queueless, so I doubt MoM would be. I could maybe see whatever is replacing T2 going that direction

I've been told Fear Factor isn't coming back. It's just quietly going to stay closed after HHN and then *poof* demo starts.

That was a couple weeks ago. I can understand the assumption by cast that it's coming back, but the T2 cast wasn't told it was going down until the day prior to the blog post leaking. They had NO forewarning on it. It was a complete blindside.

The Fear Factor Team Members would get notified about four weeks prior to it NOT coming back. We'll find out in the next 2-3 weeks.

It would be cool if they would design MoM facade with a projection show in mind. With it's position at the top of the lagoon, it would be in a favorable spot for a large crowd to be able to view a night time HP Spectacular Show.

I agree- although not a HP show. Since it will be London, it could be anything. If they have an HP nighttime show at both parks, that will make the narrative of "UOR is HP and other stuff" even more profound.

Agreed, and I think that they could use the Transformers and Simpsons buildings in some capacity as well. I would really like to see a nighttime show based on all of the IP's in the park.
I would love a HEAVILY updated cinematic spectacular at some point, but that's another thread

I know team members have been told things, but most Dragon challenge team members were saying that was going anywhere also 2 months before it closed.
Yep. That's a thing I've noticed with Universal. They don't let people know anything until the last possible moment. They'll support team members once it's official, but I don't trust those working on those front lines. They're next to last to know.

I've been told Fear Factor isn't coming back. It's just quietly going to stay closed after HHN and then *poof* demo starts.

That was a couple weeks ago. I can understand the assumption by cast that it's coming back, but the T2 cast wasn't told it was going down until the day prior to the blog post leaking. They had NO forewarning on it. It was a complete blindside.

The Fear Factor Team Members would get notified about four weeks prior to it NOT coming back. We'll find out in the next 2-3 weeks.

Out of curiosity, why would the FF team members get a longer notice than other attraction about it not coming back?

Out of curiosity, why would the FF team members get a longer notice than other attraction about it not coming back?
TM's aren't really going to get any official advance notice, because the reality is once they as a whole know, they're going to talk and it's going to get out. They'll maybe be told the day before an official announcement. For example the B&T announcement came the day after the first day of rehearsals (probably not a coincidence). Just to be clear the TM's I was speaking of we're only talking from their connections within the company, nothing official. If you work in a company long enough you make connections here and there over the years. I've worked in theme parks myself so I know how that goes and I have a somewhat good instinct of the type of TM's that actually know what's going on. One of the TM's I spoke with for example was carrying on a conversation Mike Aiello while I was there.