Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

I'd rather a new show in the exact same theatre we have now than a VR attraction. I've never heard of one in any park that has been as good as a practical or even "screenz" attraction. Plus with COVID, even with it starting to wind down, it just feels like a weird time to back the horse of "Strap this thing to your face" type experiences. At least with 3D glasses the vast majority of the time the glasses are only used once per day before being cleaned. You only have maybe 50 headsets at the very most. Cleaning procedure alone could make this thing as agonizingly slow as Poseidon in peak-pandemic.

But I also don't know exactly what their plan is. So I guess I'll have to cross my fingers and wait and see.

I wish they would chuck the VR idea. I realize it could be the best VR experience out there, but imo it feels like something you'd find on I-drive, Pigeon Forge, Niagra Falls and so on (not that there aren't great experiences and/or parks there, but there should be a difference)...Which does bring me to the idea if this isn't also a push from within WB and WW, I'm thinking of the VR experiences that have yet to debut at the NY HP store. VR is another type of screen, so wouldn't this go against the screen fatigue that the gp has been experiencing?

I'd rather a new show in the exact same theatre we have now than a VR attraction. I've never heard of one in any park that has been as good as a practical or even "screenz" attraction. Plus with COVID, even with it starting to wind down, it just feels like a weird time to back the horse of "Strap this thing to your face" type experiences. At least with 3D glasses the vast majority of the time the glasses are only used once per day before being cleaned. You only have maybe 50 headsets at the very most. Cleaning procedure alone could make this thing as agonizingly slow as Poseidon in peak-pandemic.

But I also don't know exactly what their plan is. So I guess I'll have to cross my fingers and wait and see.
Same as Mario Kart, the strap part that touches your head is washed after every use. The VR part snaps on with magnets and doesn’t actually touch your face.