What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sapphire Falls Resort

The name sounds very calming. Wonder what the theme will be and what kind of resort it'll be (hopefully value). By the name it sounds like it could be themed like a mountain lodge kinda like animal kingdoms lodge. Can't wait to see the pool for this one too, imagining waterfalls and some sort of lazy river. Overall can't wait to hear more. Hopefully it comes out as quick as cabana did

http://www.loewshotels.com/Sapphire-Falls-Resort

1280x504_2610_00eb4f35d3b824d3ad86bf0599b017cd.jpg

1280x504_2611_4687c7a37564dcccb5f2aeda1035dcfa.jpg

Welcome to Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando® - Opening Summer 2016

Enjoy a colorful and casual Caribbean Hideaway

Soak up the sunny island vibe in a festive, laid-back environment that blends tropical styling with modern touches. Offering 1,000 guest rooms and suites, the hotel is built around a lush, tropical river and a towering waterfall.
Dine at a scenic restaurant complete with breathtaking water views; relax in a river-style pool complete with white sand beach, waterslide, and cabana rentals; plus enjoy exclusive theme park benefits including Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ one hour before the theme parks open.

Loews Sapphire Falls Resort offers water taxi and shuttle bus service to and from the theme parks and Universal CityWalk® making it easy to access all of Universal Orlando® Resort.

So is this going in the plot between Cabana Bay and Pacific?
So the waterway will be extended then, since it stops at the Pacific?

Two questions:
Is the water taxi one of the main differentiation points between value and luxury?
What is that water park looking thing in the top right of the top picture?

So is this going in the plot between Cabana Bay and Pacific?
So the waterway will be extended then, since it stops at the Pacific?

Yes and yes.

Two questions:
Is the water taxi one of the main differentiation points between value and luxury?
What is that water park looking thing in the top right of the top picture?

This won't be a deluxe hotel, as it will not include Express Pass. It will be priced between Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific.

The thing you're talking about in the picture is Dudley Do Right.

Cool, thanks JungleSkip!
So When this opens and then the waterpark opens, you actually could get a boat from in citywalk to the Sapphire and then walk to the waterpark :)

Thanks Skip I just figured that out. I don't know why but I was thinking it had to be facing a different direction, the garden bridge is hidden pretty nicely in that rendering.

Well that escalated quickly : lol:

I like how it has sort of a Portifino feel as far as the layout going around the water and more than half the hotel will have decent views of the water, theme park or pool

- - - Updated - - -

Also what is stopping someone from walking over from Cabana to hop on the boat to the parks?

Wow, it looks beautiful! It would look perfect wedged between the two resorts.

I really like the name too. "Going to stay at Sapphire." That has a nice ring to it.

As I stated on Twitter, what's great about this is that it's only the beginning of what's to come.

The hotel looks great, and I'm excited at the thought that once completed, Universal is a step closer to fully fledged resort.

Absolutely stunning. The fact that this isn't even a deluxe resort shows how far universal can really go with a theme no matter how big it is. This will do wonders for the waterpark down the street and will overall be a wonderful place to hang out. The extended waterway is also another great reason to stay here. Overall incredibly impressed. Can't wait to see construction and I definitely plan on staying here for kong's summer. Fantastic job

Bizarre... I am not sure why I have seen a completely different rendition of this hotel. I wonder when they finally settled on the just released designs and theme. It looks ambitious and beautifully landscaped.