SeaWorld Makes $3.4 Billion Takeover Bid for Cedar Fair | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Makes $3.4 Billion Takeover Bid for Cedar Fair

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What are your thoughts?

• This will never go through.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I like it! Let SeaWorld be our new CF Overlords.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Hate this idea! SeaWorld stay away!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • What is even happening?

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Well....to be fair, SW is doing pretty good investing in their parks. I'll give them that.

This is just pure insanity. HUGE no thank you. Stay in your lane Sea World. Just focus on your parks and let Cedar Fair build that giga at Knott's.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
elmo-shrug.gif

One of the forum posters speculated that this was going to happen. I can't recall who it was, but it was on one of the IU threads within the past couple of weeks. Turns out he was a seer.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I'll give credit where it is due--SeaWorld has been making really great strides and tactics, and has been benefitting off of those tactics. Add in that their licensing their branding externally, odds are this is being bolstered by those licensing profits and the attendance increases.

I also think if this goes forward and gets the approval (This isn't Scott Ross's first time trying to get Cedar Fair), I am going to be shocked if Michigan's Adventure, ValleyFair, Dorney Park, and Gilroy Gardens survives being part of the company (and maybe WoF as-well).

Cedar Fair has been struggling lately, and SeaWorld has turned their company around. It was only a matter of time before they made a bid for Cedar Fair or Six Flags who is also struggling. I think it's a good fit overall.

Cedar Fair has been struggling lately, and SeaWorld has turned their company around. It was only a matter of time before they made a bid for Cedar Fair or Six Flags who is also struggling. I think it's a good fit overall.
I actually would not be terribly opposed to Sea World purchasing Six Flags, but if SW were to buy CF, I think that would not bode well for Knotts of CP. I just don’t see them investing as much into those parks.

I actually would not be terribly opposed to Sea World purchasing Six Flags, but if SW were to buy CF, I think that would not bode well for Knotts of CP. I just don’t see them investing as much into those parks.
I actually see it being a shot in the arm for Knott's. I very much look at Knott's like Busch Gardens in terms of quality. They can run that park just fine.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I actually see it being a shot in the arm for Knott's. I very much look at Knott's like Busch Gardens in terms of quality. They can run that park just fine.

I agree on that of Knotts and Carrowinds (yes, Carrowinds) benefitting rather well from this. Especially in the geographical placement of where they are, with the geographical developments happening around them.