SeaWorld Makes $3.4 Billion Takeover Bid for Cedar Fair | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Makes $3.4 Billion Takeover Bid for Cedar Fair

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What are your thoughts?

• This will never go through.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I like it! Let SeaWorld be our new CF Overlords.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Hate this idea! SeaWorld stay away!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • What is even happening?

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Could be possible they had discussions off the table? Maybe Cedar is going to simply come out tomorrow and announce it, with a higher deal price set with Scott Ross and Cedar Fair's top brass?

SeaWorld's stock went to its all time high today: SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (SEAS) Stock Price, News, Quote & History - Yahoo Finance

I have to wonder if there may be some news coming in tomorrow's earnings call from Cedar Fair...
I bought some a while ago on the heals of all their new attractions...but I didn't expect it to rise this quick

*pets cat maniacally* this will be very good for businessss

Ugh, now they have to focus on the parks they already have and make them better :rolleyes:

Reactions: OrlLover
Like most of you, this is good news. I like Sea World...I like Knotts but don't need them run by the same people

Or they'll start trying to buy something else...
Buy up some aquariums around the USA and slap the SeaWorld logo on it

Promote the park and market your SeaWorld Rescue program

But seriously there are some parks around the US that they *could* purchase,

but they would require some major capital investments to get up to the SWP standard

I still think this whole thing was some bizarre flex to announce that they now have money

Reactions: SeventyOne
Ugh, now they have to focus on the parks they already have and make them better :rolleyes:
That’s exactly what they need to do since they have spare “cash” to throw around.

As much as I'm rooting for SEAS to succeed I think ultimately I wouldn't have wanted them to acquire Cedar Fair. It'd be one thing if those parks were highly profitable and filled with high-quality offerings but that's not the case, and I think SeaWorld wouldn't have had the capital to invest in the new parks to bring them up to the same standard as the existing ones. What seems wild to me is that this is the same company that can't afford to build a roof for the station on their new ride, let alone any theme elements or scenery, yet they have the money to buy out an entire other chain..? If they really do have $3.5 billion lying around, imagine what they could do if they invested it in the parks they already have.