Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando General Updates

I figured the Build-A-Bear was taking over the old Sand Castle Toys location in Key West:

Just like the remodel of the Dolphin & Whale stadium, the makeover of Sealion and Otter Stadium has completely redone the stage and backdrop. Much more clean/serious looking than the old Sealion High stage was in the vein of the new more educational presentations:

SeaWorld is certainly getting polished up :look:

Between this and the Chick-fil-A at BGT, I am a little concerned about the state of SeaWorld the company if they start losing their unique theming and bring in third-parties everywhere. I'd hate to see them go the route of Six Flags and start featuring advertising wraps on the coaster trains.

With the updates done recently I am not that concerned. So far things they've done have modernized and enhanced theme in many cases (Coffee & Coasters, Lakeside Grill, Shark Encounter). Yes the theming has been a little simpler, but they at least are keeping with the SeaWorld idea.

I'd hate to see them go the route of Six Flags and start featuring advertising wraps on the coaster trains.
I don't think they will do that...although, third party restaurants and ads in queues is a very real possibility

Although...That has *always* happened at Busch Gardens tho...they were just well incorporated

If it means more capital for the expansion projects they're looking to accomplish then bring it

Credit where it's due, friend from high school down, first time at Sea World. He praised the food as notably better than Disney. Overall was impressed with the park. This would not have happened a decade ago.
I agree with them. If you go into a random restaurant at WDW, its likely to not be as good as a random restaurant at SWO.

Interesting seeing SWP&E undergoing a lot of similar refurb projects on their coasters across the chain at the same time. Wonder if they got a deal
I'm impressed that after several years of doing minimal upkeep and investment they seem to be upping the budgets for things like this. Between this and updates to so many shops and restaurants in the parks, it makes a big difference in the perception of the parks. I don't think they'll ever be up to the old Busch era standards, but they are making sure it doesn't fall into Six Flags territory.

They are picking weird times of the year to close such major rides. Why not do it in quieter times like Jan/Feb/Sept.

They are picking weird times of the year to close such major rides. Why not do it in quieter times like Jan/Feb/Sept.

My guess is given the state of inter/intra-national travel and where SeaWorld falls on the theme park totem pole for locals, they’re banking on their peak season being when IceBreaker opens, and when they’ll plan on operating at peak performance.

Starting October 18, Manta will close for repainting and not reopen until November 29.

Kraken will close when Manta reopens, likely for a repainting too. Kraken will be closed for the holiday season.
Praise the Maker. Kraken looks really bad...

Kumba is way older and looks to be a decade newer than Kraken atm lol

My guess is given the state of inter/intra-national travel and where SeaWorld falls on the theme park totem pole for locals, they’re banking on their peak season being when IceBreaker opens, and when they’ll plan on operating at peak performance.
This seems like the correct answer. They want a shiny park for their new coaster I guess

Ironically Busch has also been repainting a ton (not just coasters) and opening some new food options

On Facebook it says they're removing the orca statues out front. Good call to further distance themselves from the Shamu brand--I say replace with Big Bird and Elmo.

(Ok, if they want to keep the ocean theme I would say a mako shark, a manta ray and a Kraken tentacle :) ).

On Facebook it says they're removing the orca statues out front. Good call to further distance themselves from the Shamu brand--I say replace with Big Bird and Elmo.

(Ok, if they want to keep the ocean theme I would say a mako shark, a manta ray and a Kraken tentacle :) ).
Are they refurbing them or are they getting rid of them

Either way I would love to see a new sign

They have removed one of them, but it seems to be part of the sign refurbishment. If they were removing them all they would have by now since the one was removed very quickly.

Perhaps they're changing/adding other animals in addition to the orcas?

OK, maybe the orcas are all going? Maybe the entire sign?

I drive past at least twice a day (I live off CFP), and it looks like they may be changing things up...

Alright, new sign coming. I'd guess it will be very similar to the DC and Aquatica signs with a water feature: