SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not completely sure but it looks to me that the Fun Pass is being turned into their standard annual pass in that the new standard pass will be a full year but with very limited benefits that are on par with what Fun Pass had.

Yeah I couldn't tell what the benefits would be, but the price is the same between the before and after for the annual pass. So I just assumed they were getting rid of the fun pass and pushing people to do the ez pay system and get the regular pass. I think that is a smart move, it puts them at the same level as the other Orlando parks.

At first I was thinking the dolphins would be on a screen, maybe using technology like Turtle Trek. But now I'm thinking, maybe they would pass by real exhibits? That could take major capital. I don't know, that's just the vibe I got from the picture. Would be cool, but I don't think it's likely. What does everyone else think?

0qP3RVX.jpg

At first I was thinking the dolphins would be on a screen, maybe using technology like Turtle Trek. But now I'm thinking, maybe they would pass by real exhibits? That could take major capital. I don't know, that's just the vibe I got from the picture. Would be cool, but I don't think it's likely. What does everyone else think?

0qP3RVX.jpg

SeaWorld is about having real animals, I don't see why they wouldn't use real Dolphins. If you can slide past them in a tube in Aquitica then I don't see why you can't move past them in a car.

Getting them to actually perform or do anything to add to the story though is completely different.

SeaWorld is about having real animals, I don't see why they wouldn't use real Dolphins. If you can slide past them in a tube in Aquitica then I don't see why you can't move past them in a car.

Getting them to actually perform or do anything to add to the story though is completely different.

That's another thing I was thinking. They would have to find a way to make a story yet still make it stimulating for the animals. If it were to go where Wild Arctic is, they could easily use the current tanks and expand them to fit the ride and animals there. I think it could be a very cool concept if they did have real animals.

Reactions: anihilnation
This is extremely blue sky and most likely will not occur. They will most likely use screens (hopefully with better quality animation than in the past).

Blue sky is that the underwater viewing area for the dolphins be converted into part of the ride. The path between the dolphin stadium and the dolphin habitat is technically as high as a second floor even though there is no floor beneath it. So you could enter the ride facing a facade built into the slope of the dolphin stadium and then the majority or all of the ride would be beneath the pathway and pass by the underwater viewing areas of the dolphins for parts of it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Orlando Biz Journal on why building a new hotel and now buying a new one is the better strategy. Don't know if their logic is very sound though.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2015/11/why-new-seaworld-themed-hotels-would-be-better.html

It's interesting that everyone is watching Comcast and following suit. In hindsight it was a brilliant move by both Universal and Comcast. It is also interesting what friggin duds Blackstone and GE were although GE was never interested in NBC and Universal in the first place. Never fit their model. Blackstone on the other hand is but unimaginative investors, blind to everything except money. Lampreys sucking on others inventions and imaginations.

It's interesting that everyone is watching Comcast and following suit. In hindsight it was a brilliant move by both Universal and Comcast. It is also interesting what friggin duds Blackstone and GE were although GE was never interested in NBC and Universal in the first place. Never fit their model. Blackstone on the other hand is but unimaginative investors, blind to everything except money. Lampreys sucking on others inventions and imaginations.
You have Blackstone characterized to a T. Yes, a lamphrey describes their philosophy quite well.

A little off topic but... Do you guys think that the reason that the new SeaWorld Rescue ride at San Antonio is a coaster and not a dark ride like the rest is because they were already planning a new coaster at that park prior to the new CEO?

My reasoning is that a new coaster at San Antonio has been a rumor for a little while and even had a the new "Reef Hunter" copyright rumored to be for it.

I believe you'll find that SeaWorld San Antonio will get a lot of new attention and be even more aggressive in growth than the other parks. It has been wrongly neglected even under ownership before Blackstone. It's sits in a state that has had a tremendous boom with only two Six Flags parks as parks of any significant size to service it. Put it this way, Houston is lime the 3rd or 4th largest city in America and it has no major park. It has a collection Landry's owned properties and some additional smaller stuff in the work. I still think if the company can stabilize and get healthy, a Busch Gardens in the region where it's accessible with a short drive from the San Antonio park can happen as there's major airports all around even for international appeal.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The sky tower is stuck and it's on CNN. They don't get a break do they.

apparently not...national coverage for accidents (even if it's just stuck) is the last thing Sea World needs.

I'm wondering if another theme park company will buy them out as a fire sale if this keeps up

How are people getting out of that thing? Watching a live feed but it is focused at the bottom. Streams of people are coming out and walking away from it but I cannot see how. Is there an elevator inside the tower?

How are people getting out of that thing? Watching a live feed but it is focused at the bottom. Streams of people are coming out and walking away from it but I cannot see how. Is there an elevator inside the tower?
I believe there is a stairwell inside of the tower. They use that same stairwell to put the fireworks on top of the tower for New Year's.

Someone like Time Warner, the financiers behind Blackfish?
If a buyout does happen, which I doubt at this point, it would benefit SeaWorld most if it was CBS Corporation. CBS is the one of the last major media companies and, with SeaWorld, could turn the combined company into a Comcast or Walt Disney kind of scenario.

Maybe this could also work with Time Warner or Sony. Who knows?

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts