Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

I know it's unlikely, but I would love to see a GCI here. They've built a couple over the last few years over at the other parks.
I think it’ll be at least a few years before we see another coaster. They now have a good line up that will attract that crowd well. They now need to double down on Sesame Street and fix the last bit of the park that hasn’t been renovated since the 90s.

I think it’ll be at least a few years before we see another coaster. They now have a good line up that will attract that crowd well. They now need to double down on Sesame Street and fix the last bit of the park that hasn’t been renovated since the 90s.

Seaworld San Diego, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and Busch Gardens Tampa have downvoted your statement.

I cant imagine a flying theater has to be expensive If you don't need heavy themeing. It's a screen in a box. That and a Sesame dark ride would round out Sea World so nicely. I think the cost to go custom on the Sesame ride would be the one think the is 100% worth it for Sea World. I think it is the only thing they have available that would bring a permanent attendance boost.

Seaworld San Diego, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and Busch Gardens Tampa have downvoted your statement.
It’s a different market entirely. SeaWorld Orlando has never been treated the same as any of the other parks. A few years can mean we get the next coaster in 2023, which isn’t that long away. My original proposal had the option of a coaster in 2022 or 2024. We also just went two years without a coaster addition with Sesame and Infinity Falls.

Pets Ahoy will likely be changed whenever their contract with Joel Slaven’s Professional Animals is up for that show (most likely). I'm not sure how much longer it's good for, but it can't be too much longer. SW will likely produce their own show in that theater , similarly how they've done at BGT with Critters Inn Charge.

A new semi-permanent show would be great in Nautilus Theater, something Cirque-esque again would be great (I say semi, as I'd still like a seasonal Christmas show in there like currently).

One Ocean's days are numbered and can't wait to see what they bring in to replace it, even if it is more "educational." It's been boring and stale for years IMO. I've only bothered to see it twice in the last 3 years, and that was only because I brought family who wanted to see it. Otherwise I've skipped it. 2020 seems to be when they may switch, but of course nothing official yet on an end date for OO.

Key West needs a revamp, badly. I see nothing wrong with putting some moderate family flats in that area as mentioned in previous comments. It's good to have attractions spread out a possible. The two rides they put in at SWSA this year with their Turtle Reef exhibit is perfect.

With other needs that the park has, I don't see a coaster again until 2024 either. Just because some of the other parks are adding back-to-back coasters, it doesn't mean SWO will or needs to. SWSD, for instance, is just starting to catch up to the other 2 SW parks in terms of rides. Both BG parks are known more for rides and thrilling coasters, so they are playing catch-up with themselves having been down for several years and being in a better position to compete again in their markets. BGT needs to focus on flats for a few years themselves, which 2021 looks to be a start at least.

I cant imagine a flying theater has to be expensive If you don't need heavy themeing. It's a screen in a box. That and a Sesame dark ride would round out Sea World so nicely. I think the cost to go custom on the Sesame ride would be the one think the is 100% worth it for Sea World. I think it is the only thing they have available that would bring a permanent attendance boost.

Plus, the R&D cost of the Sesame Street dark ride can be distributed across multiple installations.

It’s a different market entirely. SeaWorld Orlando has never been treated the same as any of the other parks. A few years can mean we get the next coaster in 2023, which isn’t that long away. My original proposal had the option of a coaster in 2022 or 2024. We also just went two years without a coaster addition with Sesame and Infinity Falls.

Oops, my bad. I thought you meant like 2025 are something like that.

Do you think seaworld can add another land or will it need to buy more property to build another land? I think a wooden coaster, another themed show, drop tower, and inverted coaster would be pretty cool. Some of type of splashdown ride/or splash battle water ride?

I think aquatica could use some sort of expansion to be honest down the line sorry for double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think seaworld can add another land or will it need to buy more property to build another land? I think a wooden coaster, another themed show, drop tower, and inverted coaster would be pretty cool. Some of type of splashdown ride/or splash battle water ride?

I think aquatica could use some sort of expansion to be honest down the line sorry for double post.
They definitely have the land for it. They can expand into the parking lot because they own empty land throughout the area. The overflow parking lot across the street could be turned into a garage if they develop a lot of the current lot’s land.

I think the most likely new additions are a coaster, new/redone show, Sesame Street dark ride, or Wild Arctic replacement.

I'm not expecting a new land anytime soon...Probably a coaster fit into a tight space (honestly Manta still baffles me as to how they fit it into the park)

I also feel they may take a stab at a Sesame dark ride

Sea world needs high capacity cheaper but quality rides to create value. A capacity limited RMC would not help them much. The sesame dark ride would be a better return for then

Sea world needs high capacity cheaper but quality rides to create value. A capacity limited RMC would not help them much. The sesame dark ride would be a better return for then
I was thinking more from a one of a kind type perspective...I would love for the Busch parks to jump into the prototype game

Heard a really interesting rumor today that yet another coaster is on tap for SeaWorld Orlando. Apparently the plan is a new B&M Wing coaster right at the front of the park as part of an overall revamp of the front gate area (much needed). The rumor is the entire entry experience would be reconfigured using part of the seldom used Bayside Pathway area and the new Wing coaster would soar over the revamped entry way (much like Gatekeeper at Cedar Point).

It seems like many parks are revamping their entrance areas (CP, Carrowinds, Hershey, SeaWorld San Diego) as the infrastructure has become dated and impractical for today's needs (increased security measures), and it would make a lot of sense for SeaWorld to do the same.

I'm not sure on a timeline for this, but I would think 2023 would make a lot of sense with the park's 50th and increased competition to make a real statement with a new entry and a new signature coaster.

Heard a really interesting rumor today that yet another coaster is on tap for SeaWorld Orlando. Apparently the plan is a new B&M Wing coaster right at the front of the park as part of an overall revamp of the front gate area (much needed). The rumor is the entire entry experience would be reconfigured using part of the seldom used Bayside Pathway area and the new Wing coaster would soar over the revamped entry way (much like Gatekeeper at Cedar Point).

It seems like many parks are revamping their entrance areas (CP, Carrowinds, Hershey, SeaWorld San Diego) as the infrastructure has become dated and impractical for today's needs (increased security measures), and it would make a lot of sense for SeaWorld to do the same.

I'm not sure on a timeline for this, but I would think 2023 would make a lot of sense with the park's 50th and increased competition to make a real statement with a new entry and a new signature coaster.
I’m not opposed to another coaster, and something that swings over the entrance would look great.., but I really want to see more rides added for families here too.