Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld San Diego

It's official! SWSD has announced on their FB page that Wild Arctic's "final flight" will be Jan 10th for a new ride. Sound like there is some weight to those multi-launch coaster rumors.

Interesting to note is that they said that the animal exhibits will still be available "during the ride's closure and beyond". Not only will the exhibit stay, but will also be there while they're working on the ride. Found that interesting.

It's official! SWSD has announced on their FB page that Wild Arctic's "final flight" will be Jan 10th for a new ride. Sound like there is some weight to those multi-launch coaster rumors.

Interesting to note is that they said that the animal exhibits will still be available "during the ride's closure and beyond". Not only will the exhibit stay, but will also be there while they're working on the ride. Found that interesting.

Just got back from San Diego and me and my family spent multiple days their having the time of our lives. Will say it felt more friendly, happier, livelier, and busier than our last trip in 2017. We bought the annual platinum pass which is a steal for all the benefits for such a low price.

Very happy to say we did every ride at least once, even braving the cold and did the water rides(my wife’s favorite type), and most several. Got to do Wild Arctic one last time before it closed which was nice for nostalgic reasons, while I know it needs to go it’s still sad to see it leave. Still hope they add a flying theater soon for those like my wife but definitely excited by the rumors about the new multi launch family coaster.

Electric eel definitely fun triple launch start. Manta still one of the funnest coasters on the west coast period and the Merry Manta holiday overlay was great(experienced both beginnings) and absolutely beautiful at night. Tidal Twister for how simplistic and small it is packs a much funner experience than it should and loved that they change the direction of the ride(daughter loved this one), Journey to Atlantis still a favorite of all of us, and Shipwreck Rapids was a blast as always(wife’s favorite so went more than once and when I say it was cold I mean temperatures never really got above 60 so yeah). Even did riptide rescue for my daughter who had so much fun. We loved the new turtle reef area and the turtles were just beautiful. Did three animal interactions: dolphins encounter, penguins encounter behind the scenes, and seals and sea lion encounter which all were excellent and worth every penny, cannot put a price on the smiles I saw on my wife and daughter.

All in all SeaWorld San Diego was a perfect end to our vacation and made me feel like a kid again. Keep up the great work cause you have a family of fans here who will be pass members for life now, Thank you.

Last edited:
If this passes, what happens to the animals?
Exactly. Sea World takes good care of their animals. Even during the Blackfish outrage, they doubled down on taking even better care of them. It’s a bill that’s creating a problem with no solution. I wonder if the person who created this bill has even done any balanced research on this.

It'd be a damn shame if this passes. Not trying to make this political, but there's a D next to the senator's name and with CA being a blue state, I fear this bill may pass all based on emotions without hard evidence to support that these animals would be better off in the wild when they've lived all or most of their lives in captivity. I love living in Cali, but I question many of the state's "feel good" laws. What's next? Ban birds as pets because putting them in a cage only allows them to fly 2 feet at a time?

This is happening everywhere, with Canada doing the same thing, and Connecticut too. That's why SeaWorld is REALLY pushing the addition of thrill rides company wide.

Chances are they will just over time phase out the orcas and if necessary the dolphins, pilot whales, and belugas. I'd also guess that the plan is that if necessary they transfer the animals out of California to Texas and Florida. I believe that has been the plan with the orcas since they made the decision to end the breeding program. Even if the ban doesn't happen, as the pod gets smaller it makes sense to move them since they are social animals.

Yesterday was a big day for the SeaWorld parks. Iron Gwazi and Emperor both completed their first test runs the same day. It looks short, but also very fast and fun!

It would be funny if Pantheon and Ice Breaker did as well. Both of those have to be close to testing right now...

So....apparently SWSD might do a haunt this year!? If you go to SoCal Exploring’s Insta, he posted a pic of a construction wall that showcased seasonal events for the park. One of them said, “Sea World Howl-O-Scream”. Pretty sure there isn’t another Sea World park doing a haunt event so....

So....apparently SWSD might do a haunt this year!? If you go to SoCal Exploring’s Insta, he posted a pic of a construction wall that showcased seasonal events for the park. One of them said, “Sea World Howl-O-Scream”. Pretty sure there isn’t another Sea World park doing a haunt event so....
San Antonio is the only SeaWorld branded park that has done Howl-O-Scream. I’d personally be surprised if SWSD took it on considering how oversaturated with haunts the SoCal market is

San Antonio is the only SeaWorld branded park that has done Howl-O-Scream. I’d personally be surprised if SWSD took it on considering how oversaturated with haunts the SoCal market is
Well it won’t be so oversaturated this year. Queen Mary and HHN are now out of the picture. I think Sea World knows this and realizes this year is their chance. I think restrictions should be eased by then.

Well it won’t be so oversaturated this year. Queen Mary and HHN are now out of the picture. I think Sea World knows this and realizes this year is their chance. I think restrictions should be eased by then.
I doubt HHN Hollywood is gone for good. I’d even be surprised if we didn’t have modified hhn hollywood back this year.

I think SeaWorld can carve out its own market in the San Diego area. It'll be similar to BGT having its Tampa Bay market even though HHN pulls from there as well. Granted, I am less familiar with the play between San Diego and LA.

I think SeaWorld can carve out its own market in the San Diego area. It'll be similar to BGT having its Tampa Bay market even though HHN pulls from there as well. Granted, I am less familiar with the play between San Diego and LA.

I'm actually in a similar boat, isn't the haunt game in San Diego different enough than say, LA County/San Bernandino to where it could work out nicely?