Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld San Diego

I saw something floating around the Internet that Seaworld San Diego is going to have a press conference next week. Mild speculation about an opening but who now with these clowns. 3 new rides collecting dust makes no sense.
Is the park operating near capacity? Honestly I think holding off openings for the FL/VA parks is more about the parks already being packed and understaffed. If SWSD isn't drawing crowds and has adequate staffing, they may open Emperor. If they're in the same boat as all the other parks they'll probably wait until they need the attendance boost.

No sense in bringing more people into the parks for a new ride when the lines at GR are already huge with people complaining about lines and other issues because they have so many guests but not enough employees.

4 new rides in the chain. IG and Ice Breaker and I forgot about Pantheon in Williamsberg. San Diego only has Emporer. Should have been more clear on that point.
It sucks we have to wait but I don’t blame them on waiting to open the new rides. For the average guests, the parks opening this year, especially in California, is essentially the new ride. Opening Emperor later will draw guests back again.

I mean I'm sure it will sell out...but man 50 bucks for 3 mazes? I know they have lots of scare zones but feels like a lot for 3 mazes..the lines on those are going to be insane since thats nothing. Even Six Flags has more mazes than that

I'll certainly go, but in my opinion, SeaWorld is making the same mistake of Horror Made Here, which had more mazes than this and only lasted one year. This should have been at least $10 cheaper to be a value/loss leader and set up for future years, even if they are planning for a very low capacity event in year one. I could be wrong about this and it could flourish because San Diego has much less competition than Los Angeles, but it just feels like a mistake. I hope I am wrong...

Yeah, 3 mazes is not a lot (and they all sound pretty generic IMO), but I think they're counting on all the entertainment, scarezones, and rides being open could make it it a better deal than HMH... like, wasn't HMH over $120? I remember it being really expensive. And it had one carinval drop ride and not all that much to do aside from mazes (there was a drag show and a make up effects show, both of which were sparcly attended... I know, I went to both, and hardly anyone went).

There's some $40 nights, all in Sept though. I definitely won't pay for the $50 ticket, but for $40, 3 mazes, zones, Eletric Eel & Atlantis, plus some shows? If I plan on being in the San Diego area, count me in. As mentioned, everything sounds SUPER generic, but if they can knock this year out of the park, maybe they can come back strong next year.

There's some $40 nights, all in Sept though. I definitely won't pay for the $50 ticket, but for $40, 3 mazes, zones, Eletric Eel & Atlantis, plus some shows? If I plan on being in the San Diego area, count me in. As mentioned, everything sounds SUPER generic, but if they can knock this year out of the park, maybe they can come back strong next year.
I'm planning on getting the best pass..so you get a free ticket so why not..but honestly would have to see it before paying the money. for like 20ish more you can go to HHN or around the same price is knotts which both events offer sooo much more than this.

Hope year two is better

Lol

I got sooo dam lucky, Sea World is having a flash sale on Passes and Tickets. So the AP I was going to get is 60 bucks less

The highest pass is easily worth it now and so glad I waited to buy it.

I know HoS was coming to SWSD, but I didn't realize they announced their entire house line-up already. If I had to wager on house locations, I would say two of them will be in that big pavillion tent and one of them will be next to Wild Arctic.

Yeah, the houses sound pretty generic. I understand wanting to "play it safe", but they gotta show at least a little creativity here. I'll still check it out.

It sounds like the entire left half of the park where Rapids and the Skyride is will likely be shut down. Would be nice if they opened the Sky Tower and the Jellyfish swing rides as a nice bonus. It's not every day you get a relaxing view of Mission Bay and San Diego at night.

Also, they mentioned all of the major coasters except Emperor. I know anything could change but I'll be surprised if they still don't open it by then.

I dont know if others have had issues...but man this might be my worst kinda issues with an AP ever

Got a pass...my rewards like free tickets are not showing up and the line to call them is over an hour. Just such a pain in my ass because the website would not even like me buy tickets yesterday so had to call and now having issues even finding my rewards

I got sooo dam lucky, Sea World is having a flash sale on Passes and Tickets. So the AP I was going to get is 60 bucks less

The highest pass is easily worth it now and so glad I waited to buy it.

thanks for the heads up, I also nabbed the platinum pass. Going to Orlando for Halloween shenanigans and the pass will come in handy for visiting both FL parks!

So quick update for anyone going

The Park does not have enough people to work anything. Rides get long lines, most cart's aren't open, NO people selling you stuff during shows which feels werid and the nighttime show is not the water show its some land based show in their smallest venue (why...like dear god why?) and most resturants have long lines and many did not have enough seating and front of the line pass did nothing past 2 PM.

If the parks weren't busy for the last two months fine...but this is your peak season and data was showing they had people coming so its just bad management on all these parks (six flags, Universal etc) why everything is too crowded and they can't hire enough people to work crap jobs because they do little to pay you well or give you any kinda benefits or stress relief

The pandemic has exposed the holes in our system. People have been paid pennies on a dollar to work in the hot summer sun every year, while upper management sits in their cushy offices and collect bonuses. People are sick of it. With the chance to take a break and make more money staying home, people are opting for it. Companies need to change how they value their employees.