Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld San Diego

You guys think any of these three new off-the-shelf Intamin Blitz models would work for SWSD? I think the first one would be perfect, especially since SWSD could use a non-shuttle launch coaster with inversions.

What do you guys think? Busch has a good relationship with Intamin right now. You think they'll add any of these bad boys after the Wild Arctic replacement?

Im hoping they went back in and rethought there family launch coaster plans for that site and would consider this as an alternative . Was always puzzled to why the park would need a sceond family launch. Why not adress more needs.

Does anyone know if they ever built a cover on the station yet? I’ll reserve my thoughts for the final product but from what I’ve seen the theming and area looks very cheap for this ride. Almost worse than what Six Flags would do.

No they didn't . Unfortunately the pandemic forced sea worlds hand and construction almost stopped immediately. Due to budget cuts, alot was cut back as far as trees and vegetation that was suppose to go in.Then unfortunately went with a bare bones station. The pandemic really squashed what was needing to be a grand year for San diegos sea world park. This too is why the wild arctic coaster was ultimately cancelled. After black fish it was struggling then came the haymaker with the pandemic. I really hope Emperor helps us out and then we can work on the dull spots that are prevalent through the park.

Well here’s the answer to my question. Thanks to some extremely cheesy local San Diego news. It’s no wonder Will Ferrell chose San Diego for Anchorman . In all seriousness though, is this the worlds first coaster to not have a station cover? I can’t think of any

Well here’s the answer to my question. Thanks to some extremely cheesy local San Diego news. It’s no wonder Will Ferrell chose San Diego for Anchorman . In all seriousness though, is this the worlds first coaster to not have a station cover? I can’t think of any

Flight Deck at CGA doesn’t have one, just umbrellas for the ride ops. Full Throttle at SFMM opened without a station roof and didn’t add a permanent one until months/years later.
This whole ride screams budget cuts. From the lack of theming and landscaping around the ride to no station roof.

Flight Deck at CGA doesn’t have one, just umbrellas for the ride ops. Full Throttle at SFMM opened without a station roof and didn’t add a permanent one until months/years later.
This whole ride screams budget cuts. From the lack of theming and landscaping around the ride to no station roof.
Sure its fun but its not a ride I care much about...just a coaster.

Manta to me was almost the perfect mix and wish all coasters were as themed as that

New Screamscape rumor is saying that a Screamin’ Swing might be in the way in the old Submarine Quest spot.

I’ll be fairly surprised if the CCC approves it, but it would be a good addition for the park.

Why the hell can't we get a "dark ride" or real Sesame street ride. The park is aimmed at families and kids...yet they keep throwing big thrills in. I wish they redid the Subride and make it something like Nemo's ride over at WDW.

Question this is the first year of mardi gra at the San Diego location correct? Is it mainly going to be just food or any rumors of a show to be in the place where they used to have the animal live show?

B78DD128-E9AD-4FCC-A4E5-8173B5F42C24.jpeg
Noticed on this emperor pov that the seats have already been destroyed by the elements. The station AND storage tracks have no covering. This whole time they were getting beaten up and it’s only going to get worse.