Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld San Diego

Not sure how this is in real life but this kinda looks like a waste of their money to make judging from the POV, looks very lifeless.

Remember back when Full Throttle opened there was no roof? Well so many people complained about the lack of shade SFMM spend the money on providing some covering for the station.

It’s very bizarre to me how there is absolutely no shade on the station. You would think they would put up a tent cover or something at least.

72CCC18C-7BE0-488E-BEF0-0662924E230D.jpeg
Found this old photo of what the Full Throttle station used to look like when the park opened it with unfinished theming and landscaping. Even with Full Throttle, the storage track is uncovered. Emperor will have to consider adding a structure to both areas in the future.

Tidal Twister is back...

Heard Tidal Twister was down for refurb already lol.

They have a 24 hour sale for the Halloween event today if anyone is interested in going

Manta Pizza is also now open and is 15 bucks a slice...lol

Rode emperor and it is by far the little theme of any ride...ever

Its fun but so short, no theming and loads kinda slow. No idea why people want more of these rides at the parks but I'd rather have like a dark ride or a ride I learn something on over another coaster that is short and not themed

The Dolphin show has been renamed and the stage has been redone but the show is still the old one
Turtle Reef is finally back open and while I heard they changed the theme on the aquarium. Nothing about it seems special but still some great views of the animals
Went to one of the free concerts they are doing in May and it was really good for a free show.

Rode emperor and it is by far the little theme of any ride...ever

Its fun but so short, no theming and loads kinda slow. No idea why people want more of these rides at the parks but I'd rather have like a dark ride or a ride I learn something on over another coaster that is short and not themed

The Dolphin show has been renamed and the stage has been redone but the show is still the old one
Turtle Reef is finally back open and while I heard they changed the theme on the aquarium. Nothing about it seems special but still some great views of the animals
Went to one of the free concerts they are doing in May and it was really good for a free show.
Less theming than Full Throttle at sfmm?

Less theming than Full Throttle at sfmm?
At least that ride has shade too

I should have taken pictures but its like 10 little plants.....some generic little white rocks, square walkways that feel cookie cutter and then like 3 signs with penguin facts on them. Its just to me embarrassing letting this ride come into the park....we have Manta so theming can be done

Are trees just expensive to install? I noticed six flags and seaworld will just skip this part of the ride/land design process entirely.

All of the new Sea World coasters are bare themed. Likely massive budget cuts due to Covid. They could barely pay for the coasters themselves, so no way any extras could be added.

All of the new Sea World coasters are bare themed. Likely massive budget cuts due to Covid. They could barely pay for the coasters themselves, so no way any extras could be added.
Then don't do them, This coaster could be sooooo epically themed but no...its nothing at all but a 2ish mins coaster that while kinda fun also loads slow and I just don't see why people want more of these over real rides with themes and mayve you know educate us....we have 3 coasters at this point and would like to see more rides that tell a story or at least teach you something

It's just not where the industry is headed. Look at Epcot gutting all their previous "edu-tainment" attractions.

And I get you're sort of anti-unthemed rides, but I think you're in the minority here. Just look at the carnival area at a local fair. It'll be mobbed with people when there's no theming whatsoever... because they're looking the experience a thrill ride gives. People get a rush from being 100+ feet in the air, themed or not.

I get it, I do enjoy themed rides a lot. But they're not all going to be that way.

While it would've been nice if they planted several trees for shade, we you really expecting Antarcic rockwork everywhere?
Look behind me at the Arctic Wild Area

Your right...can't be done

I just hate they can't just try. Like Level one of trying They make the Q at least have a theme that fits the name of the ride...second level a real Q where you feel like your in Antarctic and are learning about the animals in the area and level 3 you give us a themed ride as well like Big Thunder Mountain or the million other thrill rides Disney has made with themes. Whats cooler then a 90 degree drop? One where on the other side of you is a water fall as you go down and then go into a dark cave....but no just another coaster how exciting don't see those every 5 mins in California

Look behind me at the Arctic Wild Area

Your right...can't be done

I just hate they can't just try. Like Level one of trying They make the Q at least have a theme that fits the name of the ride...second level a real Q where you feel like your in Antarctic and are learning about the animals in the area and level 3 you give us a themed ride as well like Big Thunder Mountain or the million other thrill rides Disney has made with themes. Whats cooler then a 90 degree drop? One where on the other side of you is a water fall as you go down and then go into a dark cave....but no just another coaster how exciting don't see those every 5 mins in California

Again, they didn't want to pay for theme. Maybe they'll add more later. For now, this is what we get.