Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they want it open for capacity during the crazy holiday season. Whether they make it or not is another issue.
It is definitely not going to make it for the holiday season. The holiday season is about 9 months away, which is the same amount of time allotted for the refurbishment of JP, Dreamworks Theatre, and the Simpsons Ride. It takes them that long to refurbish an existing ride and this thing doesn't even have walls yet. I'm putting my money on a spring 2020 opening.

Well PETS 2 comes out in June. So i'd say it all depends on when JW actually reopens & how far along they are with the ride. I can see them do a tease like- "Go see PETS 2 in theatres, then come back ____ 2019 to experience the all new ride featuring Max & friends"

Well PETS 2 comes out in June. So i'd say it all depends on when JW actually reopens & how far along they are with the ride. I can see them do a tease like- "Go see PETS 2 in theatres, then come back ____ 2019 to experience the all new ride featuring Max & friends"
I feel like it'll end up being a Early 2020 attraction, tbh.

2019 - JW Overhaul
2020 - Pets
2021 - SNW

Unless i'm off and they plan to have SNW ready for 2020, it makes more sense to keep Pets for 2020 so they spread out attraction openings.

well the great thing about USH is that JW is on the lower lot & PETS is on the Upper Lot, so you could almost argue that it'd be like Orlando opening something in IOA & Studios within the same year (not necessarily two rides). JW is just an overhaul of a pre-existing ride. Honestly, I'd consider this as long-overdue maintenance.

With Star Wars opening, Pixar continuing, and Marvel on the way. It'd make sense for USH to want to push harder on getting both PETS & Nintendo open sooner than expected. Hell, even Sea World San Diego is trying to up their game in 2020 & 2021.

I feel like it'll end up being a Early 2020 attraction, tbh.

2019 - JW Overhaul
2020 - Pets
2021 - SNW

Unless i'm off and they plan to have SNW ready for 2020, it makes more sense to keep Pets for 2020 so they spread out attraction openings.

I was confirmed that USH plan is to open Secret life of Pets this year. The next couple months will be interesting to see how fast they work on this project!

Lets say for a minute thats true, why?
That leaves them with no new attraction for 2020 and a potential Holiday opening. Seems like a huge rush based on current construction.

That leaves them with no new attraction for 2020 and a potential Holiday opening. Seems like a huge rush based on current construction.
Because the holidays are Bat**** crazy crowded and they need the capacity?

I don't think anyone's really saying that it'd open full on in 2019.

They could very well start the test and adjust in December, and then keep testing that for a February opening, to ensure they can examine how the attraction operates and how much they can get in the daily/hourly capacity. It could also make sense, if this is the same system as Yoshi.

It's remarkable the speed they're going. Can't wait to see how the NY landscape is translated to that area of the park, and to see how they blend the showbuilding with the surrounding area; especially since Kong and Supercharged (Orlando).

Think Universal will wait until as late as August to announce the existence of this attraction? It could be a good way to steal back some of the spotlight around the time of D23 Expo.
I think it depends on SLOP2 box office tracking is doing. If SLOP2 is predicted to be a hit, why not wait until August? If it isn't, Universal might do an earlier announcement to get some buzz going for the movie.

If they would do that, that wouldn't exactly explain Universal wanting to jump the gun on the USH JW announcement (as that was a month before the sequel opened).

Going to guess before JW opens, we'll know this attraction existing; alongside the Baker Street renovations.

If they would do that, that wouldn't exactly explain Universal wanting to jump the gun on the USH JW announcement (as that was a month before the sequel opened).

Going to guess before JW opens, we'll know this attraction existing; alongside the Baker Street renovations.

Perhaps by then we'll have some idea of what's going to happen (if anything) to Walking Dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.