Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it is well received. This ride will definitely help convince parents of younger children to decide to come to USH, since the perception is that it is a park for older audiences.
To be fair, that was a perception that Uni Parks and Resorts specifically cultivated. Several of their ad campaigns over the last could of years have been about how Universal is for older kids, kids who are ready to grow up. If you want to be a fairy or a princess, there's a park for that, but if you're ready to grow up and be bolder, come to Universal.

I hope it is well received. This ride will definitely help convince parents of younger children to decide to come to USH, since the perception is that it is a park for older audiences.
I mean even when i was a kid (the 90s) it was never really the kid friendly part...sure I enjoyed it no doubt but it was not Disney...King Kong is cool but not really as fun as Disney movie characters.
The parks have a lot for kids now and Nintendoland will even more get families to come in. Jurassic and Mummy are the only real thrill rides and both by today's standards are nothing that extreme.

To be fair, that was a perception that Uni Parks and Resorts specifically cultivated. Several of their ad campaigns over the last could of years have been about how Universal is for older kids, kids who are ready to grow up. If you want to be a fairy or a princess, there's a park for that, but if you're ready to grow up and be bolder, come to Universal.

I understand that. I'm just stating that hopefully it will draw a new demographic. Everyone, both young and old, should be able to enjoy a dark ride.

Is SLOP going to debut to the public whenever USH reopens in April? Or will Universal hold off on opening this ride until a further date?

Is SLOP going to debut to the public whenever USH reopens in April? Or will Universal hold off on opening this ride until a further date?

By all accounts--the ride is done. And if they're still in the red tier by then (and with my understanding on how things work), they may still be able to get people into Pets..though, it wouldn't be close to the authentic experience.

By all accounts--the ride is done. And if they're still in the red tier by then (and with my understanding on how things work), they may still be able to get people into Pets..though, it wouldn't be close to the authentic experience.
In what sense?

Also, I believe TMs rode the ride before everything shut down, so it should be good to go.

In what sense?

Also, I believe TMs rode the ride before everything shut down, so it should be good to go.

As far as I understand, there is a time limit of 15 minutes for people to be indoors for certain attractions. That would mean that if they were to have Pets operational; they'd have to possibly trim down parts of the queue of where people go, in the case of reducing the amount of time per group in there.

As for TM's, they, have actually not ridden the attraction. Not yet anyways.

As far as I understand, there is a time limit of 15 minutes for people to be indoors for certain attractions. That would mean that if they were to have Pets operational; they'd have to possibly trim down parts of the queue of where people go, in the case of reducing the amount of time per group in there.

As for TM's, they, have actually not ridden the attraction. Not yet anyways.
6E87091A-0D9F-443E-81A3-30B8C7776DEB.png
If these are not TMs, that’s fine, but it does look like some people got to ride it and enjoyed the experience

It was also supposed to open for Peacock launch event, which was planned for a week or two after the shutdown

Is it sad that I still have the email for AP Preview from last year? :'(

I will say this is the new ride I'm most excited about. Disappointing, but understandable they'll have to cut down on the queue experiences, but that doesn't really deter much for me. I'm also pretty excited about Berry Tales. Spiderman, not so much.

Is it sad that I still have the email for AP Preview from last year? :'(

I will say this is the new ride I'm most excited about. Disappointing, but understandable they'll have to cut down on the queue experiences, but that doesn't really deter much for me. I'm also pretty excited about Berry Tales. Spiderman, not so much.

Admittedly, Beary Tales actually should be up by the time Knotts opens. Because they can just use the outdoor queue and not include the indoor.

I do have excitement for seeing Pets. even if it'd be incomplete.

Well since the ride was always going to use an online system then it COULD open day one if they wanted.

Not sure if thats the plan I know a new trailer I saw on Universal Reddit was found with SLOP as a focus so I would say if not day one within the first month or two of opening.
Even if its not day one we have Jurassic 2.1 version so that will be something along with just being nice to be back in the park.

USH‘s crowd skews very out-of-town average tourist to the point where I’ve never noticed an overwhelming turnout of enthusiasts for things like ride openings. Something like what happens at Disneyland or UOR for Guardians of the Galaxy or Hagrid’s doesn’t seem to happen at USH.

If I were them, I’d casually open the ride with the park, and advertise it as new for the next five years, as the park has done with every addition in the last decade.

Although The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash! has yet to open as attractions at the park remain closed at this time, all walls have come down in the surrounding area, revealing the many details laced within the storefronts lining the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.