Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash - General Discussion | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This ride looks absolutely delightful. Everything I was hoping to see from a more traditional-style dark ride from Universal, and a refreshing reminder that not every attraction needs to be a high-tech thrill or "action" ride in order to entertain. Wonderful job.

Now... please, Universal... bring this to Universal Studios Florida. It needs something like this immediately.

Its a GREAT Dark ride and I hope I like riding it because while ITS GREAT. I just don't care for the characters or movie its based on....I'm in the .000000001 who would have still taken the worst Yoshi ride because those characters mean something to me

HOWEVER before I get yelled out, i admit this is a GREAT dark ride the quality of the Q, effects and AA's are not what im not into its what the rides about. But will 99% of people love it, yes. So like I said hope when I ride it, it just clicks and I enjoy it.

Reactions: belloq87
After seeing the POV, the ride looks absolutely delightful! There's a ton of charm packed into it, and I was pleasantly surprised by some of the effects used in it. There's a very respectable amount of sets and AA's in this thing, which should please folks who've been wanting a new ride with more of those.

All in all, this looks like a winner, and it fills a C-Ticket void for the kids/families pretty nicely.

Finally, if Orlando wants to do a expedited order a la' Transformers sometime after HHN...I feel this is a very good ride to do so with, something like this would be great for the Studios, bar none.

Very baffling that USF didn't want this ASAP.

After what happened with Supercharged, they're a lot more hesitant of doing the "build for both parks at the same time" approach. They'd prefer opening a ride at one park and gauging the reception to avoid another Supercharged moment.

Last edited:
I actually expected SNW to have a ride of this caliber. I honestly prefer it over the POV’s I’ve seen of Mario Kart.
I honestly think this has me more excited than Mario Kart at this point.

If given the choice to immediately ride SLOP or either of the other big, international dark rides that opened in the last year (Beauty and the Beast at Tokyo Disneyland, Mario Kart at USJ), I would honestly pick this one.

And that's even with the IP meaning the least to me of the three. Universal did a great job here.

If given the choice to immediately ride SLOP or either of the other big, international dark rides that opened in the last year (Beauty and the Beast at Tokyo Disneyland, Mario Kart at USJ), I would honestly pick this one.

And that's even with the IP meaning the least to me of the three. Universal did a great job here.
It would be perfect in Studios Florida

To me this feels like it still has notes of a classic Universal ride

For instance, it rotates a ton to face the scenes and pretty swiftly, it includes some very fun tech, the queue is highly entertaining and fun, and of course...you get blasted with a water sprits

It has everything a Universal ride needs, with all the components they've needed to include for a while

After what happened with Supercharged, they're a lot more hesitant of doing the "build for both parks at the same time" approach. They'd prefer opening a ride at one park and gauging the reception to avoid another Supercharged moment.
It's super hilarious to me to think any executive was surprised by how Supercharged performed...like, you had to have seen it coming lol

It's super hilarious to me to think any executive was surprised by how Supercharged performed...like, you had to have seen it coming lol

The park executives knew it was DOA. It was the guys in Philly that asked for it and the guys at Philly that don’t care about satisfaction.

But this looks like a really cool ride! Didn’t expect much given how tiny that building is but it’s super detailed and actually kind of an impressive length.

The park executives knew it was DOA. It was the guys in Philly that asked for it and the guys at Philly that don’t care about satisfaction.

But this looks like a really cool ride! Didn’t expect much given how tiny that building is but it’s super detailed and actually kind of an impressive length.
Oh yes, the story of "how" it happened is just as aggravating as the result

I just realized the loading station is a literal conveyer belt as they're in the packaging department...

The attention to detail in this thing is insane. I'm so giddy about this ride and I really wasn't expecting to be. I love it, I love it, I love it!
Sleeper hit for sure

I'm ok with this Universal that's getting super comfortable with highly detailed slow moving dark rides