Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash - General Discussion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The park executives knew it was DOA. It was the guys in Philly that asked for it and the guys at Philly that don’t care about satisfaction.

But this looks like a really cool ride! Didn’t expect much given how tiny that building is but it’s super detailed and actually kind of an impressive length.

I did not expect the ride vehicle to turn and be directional. I thought it would be like Yoshi in that regard.

Pleasantly surprised.

The queue for this is so stinkin fun looking

weaving in and out of rooms without the traditional handrails is a super fun idea

Props to Universal for featuring a highly detailed queue with objects easily in guest reach.

tenor.gif

If given the choice to immediately ride SLOP or either of the other big, international dark rides that opened in the last year (Beauty and the Beast at Tokyo Disneyland, Mario Kart at USJ), I would honestly pick this one.

And that's even with the IP meaning the least to me of the three. Universal did a great job here.
Yeah, honestly same. Beauty & the Beast has a handful of amazing animatronics...and that's basically it. The overall package is kind of meh. And Mario Kart...well, I've talked about my feelings about that to death.

Its funny, because I had so much hype for those and absolutely zero hype for this.

What an ironic t w i s t. This looks like such an "intimate" experience.

Reactions: belloq87
Yeah, honestly same. Beauty & the Beast has a handful of amazing animatronics...and that's basically it. The overall package is kind of meh. And Mario Kart...well, I've talked about my feelings about that to death.

Its funny, because I had so much hype for those and absolutely zero hype for this.

What an ironic t w i s t. This looks like such an "intimate" experience.

I'm pretty much in the same boat here... who knew this c-ticket would be the sleeper hit of new theme park additions.

Wow, this actually looks pretty damn good!

(Also, it's odd to see two rides in Japan with polarizing reception given that everything they get always seems to be "universally" acclaimed, both Uni and Disney).

I'm holding out hope for MK, mind you. But at least in BatB's case I am ready to feel less jealous of Japan.
Well regardless of my feelings on Mario Kart, having Jurassic World (I CANNOT wait to see the finished product), Slop: Off the Leash, Mario Kart, and Forbidden Journey (let's throw Transformers in there because I have a soft spot for it) is one killer of a line up. I'm so happy with where this park is going.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Also I feel the cat on the piano, with the cat head through the portrait beside it is a very Haunted Mansion reference, followed by the dunking in the barrel which is a very POTC reference.

Knowing Universal I feel like it's probably a planned tongue in cheek thing.

I still cannot get over how great this looks. Everything about this looks so well crafted. The exterior, the queue, the premise, the animatronics, the screens, the music, the props, the effects, the sets, the voice acting, the ride vehicles, the dog filter effect...

Its like a complete package.

Okay, I'll stop gushing about it now, haha. I just can't believe I'm poping off about "The Secret Life of Pets ride". I didn't enjoy either of the films as they both felt extremely generic. But man does this IP translate so well to a theme park attraction.

I might be heading down to LA sooner than I thought.

Last edited:
I still cannot get over how great this looks. Everything about this looks so well crafted. The exterior, the queue, the premise, the animatronics, the screens, the music, the props, the effects, the sets, the voice acting, the ride vehicles, the dog filter effect...

Its like a complete package.

Okay, I'll stop gushing about it now, haha. I just can't believe I'm poping off about "The Secret Life of Pets ride". I didn't enjoy either of the films as they both felt extremely generic. But man does this IP translate so well to a theme park attraction.

I might be heading down to LA sooner than I thought.
Yes, it puts a smile on my face to watch the POV and I'm sure it will in person

They really hit it with this one

Reactions: Pacific