Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Haven't seen the movie yet, but have heard positive reviews about it. I fully support the idea of a Lorax boat ride. Colors galore! Heck, I'd love a massive expansion of Seuss Landing. Besides the Lorax boat ride, maybe we can finally get that Grinch indoor/outdoor family coaster down Mount Crumpet, and a Horton dark ride through the Jungle of Nool???!!! Here's to dreaming!!!

On a realistic note, IOA's next major ride addition needs to go to Seuss Landing, Toon Lagoon, or Jurassic Park. I'd say Lost Continent, but everyone assumes it's sitting on death row.

^This photoshop job has the Matterhorn placed where the fish spinner is to show how a Grinch coaster could fit in, but you can see that there is a big plot back there:

matterhornislandsg.jpg

This mock-up map of IOA shows one fan's idea of how a new attraction could fit into the land that is unused:

Blog+-+Universal+IOA.JPG

Grinch or Lorax could work, as could a ride that goes through a few of the Dr. Seuss books.

How the Grinch Stole CHRISTMAS=Seasonal, but honestly, I wouldn't care.

But Harry Potter, how on EARTH is that seasonal?

The book might be themed to a certain season, but that doesn't mean that it can't be enjoyed year round. If seasonal was your argument, we wouldn't have the Christmas Shoppe in Port of Entry. :smiley:

This guy's blog Theme Park Concepts. :thumbs:

He constantly posts fully fleshed out dreams of theme park designs, down to maps and concept art.

In Theme Park Concepts Blog you can see how they tried to integrate a new Grinch ride to Seuss Landing.

ScreenShot2012-03-22at81030AM.png

This is what Theme Park Concepts Blog thought about for a new Seuss Landing expansion.
B4 - One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
B5 - Mount Crumpit
B6 - How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Potter is like a parallel world, or not even that, the wizard community is supposedly a hidden community within our planet. It's not seasonal.

There's snow on the rooftops and a snowman....24/7. That gives the implacation that we are visiting the Wizarding World during the winter time. Winter is a season.

There's snow on the rooftops and a snowman....24/7. That gives the implacation that we are visiting the Wizarding World during the winter time. Winter is a season.

Ok, I see what you mean. I was talking about the stories and you were talking about the theme park areas/attractions specifically.

There's still the difference that the Wizarding World is magical and it can be explained that they can enchant the place to look like that year long, even in summer, so it doesn't necessarily mean it's frozen in time, whereas the Grinch is a Christmas story specifically.

Either way, if they wanted to put the Grinch they wouldn't let something like this stop them. But, I do think that the Grinch is more successful and profitable for Universal as an event for Christmas/Holiday times. Lots of people make a point to go to the parks just for a special event.

Either way, if they wanted to put the Grinch they wouldn't let something like this stop them. But, I do think that the Grinch is more successful and profitable for Universal as an event for Christmas/Holiday times. Lots of people make a point to go to the parks just for a special event.

You guys needs to stop with this "Realistic" approach. :lol:

You can still have the event, with the attraction attached (See Star Tours/Star Wars Weeekends).

Either way, they don't necessarily need to have Mt. Crumpit follow the story of "Stole Christmas".

Yeah, the Grinch is the Grinch all year long.

And actually there are multiple seasons in the WWOHP. Oddly enough there is no snow on Hogwarts. And in the original concept art, you can see where it goes from winter to spring. It even includes a few wildflowers near Hogwarts.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
You can still have the event, with the attraction attached (See Star Tours/Star Wars Weeekends).

Either way, they don't necessarily need to have Mt. Crumpit follow the story of "Stole Christmas".

True and true!

Yeah, the Grinch is the Grinch all year long.

And actually there are multiple seasons in the WWOHP. Oddly enough there is no snow on Hogwarts. And in the original concept art, you can see where it goes from winter to spring. It even includes a few wildflowers near Hogwarts.

You're right, I never took notice of that. No snow on Hogwarts or Hagrid's corner either.

So back to the Lorax... :p

Maybe they can produce a dark ride that covers some of Dr. Seuss' most popular stories with similar nature-y themes, including those that got movies made after them like Lorax, Horton... Maybe?

Last edited:
I thought it was funny, when I was at USF yesterday, there was a woman who was looking at the Lorax Photo Op by The Horror Make-Up show and she said, "Don't they have a Lorax ride at the other park here?" Then her husband said, "I think so."
I thought it was quite ironic.