Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Screens was gonna be a given for a 2017 Uni addition. I think I would've preferred keeping the JP expansion plot open but we seem to be doing fine with that now so ¯\_(ツ)_/ The Toon Lagoon JP gate will be missed.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I know! I'm glad they settled on a non-screen heavy Kong attraction instead
Lol fair point, difference is that is a ride stuck in-between two lands that includes Dino’s next to a land based on.... Dino’s. This would’ve felt more fresh and unique.

I'm just being silly, I like Kong

However...comma...There is a faster paced Indiana Jones Adventure version of Kong in a parallel dimension I'd like to ride
I also love Kong, Lorax would feel more unique to the park though.

My parallel dimension is that wooden coaster themed like Hagrid’s/Everest throughout Skull Island with show scenes a la Indy, the Giant Kong AA, and static figures like on Velocicoaster to help. Everest/Hagrid’s baby essentially.

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I definitely would have loved to have seen the Lorax come.

Over Kong though, I'm not sure. That queue and façade are just so gorgeous, lol.

I guess the Blue Man Group building would be too far away to expand into from Seuss, huh?

wow, so the company that maintains Seuss's works has pulled 'If I Ran the Zoo' (among a handful of other titles). I would think this has no impact, but I am wondering if anyone thinks IoA would end up pulling this section out now that Dr Seuss Enterprises has pulled the book for 'racist and insensitive imagery?

great point, I'm not sure which character's/imagines caused the book to be pulled. I would think the area would can removed due to covid risk (if there is to be a going forward w/o so many 'touch' areas in a park).
There are some pretty overt Asian stereotypes/racist caricatures in the books, but yea, none of them are in the park, obviously.

I wonder if the publisher will/has considered replacing the couple problematic pages in question for that particular book? Or maybe they don’t feel it’s worth it to alter his original work for one of their lesser sellers.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
I'd guess they're weighing those options. It all comes down to what the estate wants I believe, and they seem to be in cash grab mode, so I'd expect new editions to come out with modifications.

I’m sure Uni didn’t use any questionable images in the park. Just trying to think of what additional steps might be taken based on these works.
Exactly as summed up above, splash had no questionable characterizations and is being redone. I understand that the entirety of its source material is problematic, but again, it depends on if the works will be edited or just left off the catalogue entirely.