Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm still 100% on board for that Grinch coaster and the rest of the land getting a paint job.

I'd love to see Cat in the Hat get some updates as well.

Reactions: n i c k
It actually is true in many ways - he literally Newt Gingrich'd his wife for example. Much like Charles Schultz and Roald Dahl, the fact that these creators literally signpost childhoods has to stand next to the fact that they're often not very good people and, sometimes, are downright repugnant.
Yeah, I tried to avoid bringing it up but the wife thing is what I was referring to.
Actually the "leaving his wife during cancer thing" is not true at all.

I'm still 100% on board for that Grinch coaster and the rest of the land getting a paint job.

I'd love to see Cat in the Hat get some updates as well.
I would like to see Cat in the Hat downgraded, instead of the animatronics and their fake fur getting a re-do; just expose the exoskeletons of the animatronics and scar children!
I don't know about that one, lots of sites say that was true.

Source please?

The facts we know are Geisel had an affair with Aubrey while his first wife wasndying of cancer, and then married Aubrey after the wife committed suicide. If you're saying that's not true, I need a source for the claim.

Seuss Landing Thread early/mid-2010’s: “Boy I cant wait to speculate about a possible Lorax ride or Grinch coaster coming to the land!”

Seuss Landing Thread now: “Is Dr Seuss racist?”

I started this path for it is the DR's B-day. For his B-day, it was announced they pulled 6 of his titles from publication (my favorite Seuss book as a youngster 'And To Think I saw it on Mulberry Street' included).

I was not/am not trying to have a charged convo or anything, I really like that little area (and I am over 50) -- as others have mentioned, when you start judging the artist, or judge the works...plus life in the past until now, I just do not get how any park becomes nostalgic...so I just was wondering what others thought.

I do hope this was just something by the IP holder that does not swell to the point where IoA would remove 'if I ran the Zoo'.

I started this path for it is the DR's B-day. For his B-day, it was announced they pulled 6 of his titles from publication (my favorite Seuss book as a youngster 'And To Think I saw it on Mulberry Street' included).

I was not/am not trying to have a charged convo or anything, I really like that little area (and I am over 50) -- as others have mentioned, when you start judging the artist, or judge the works...plus life in the past until now, I just do not get how any park becomes nostalgic...so I just was wondering what others thought.

I do hope this was just something by the IP holder that does not swell to the point where IoA would remove 'if I ran the Zoo'.

As far as I'm aware, none of the problematic visuals in the books are represented in Seuss Landing, so I don't expect the publishers' decision, which I support, to impact the land.

Seuss Landing Thread early/mid-2010’s: “Boy I cant wait to speculate about a possible Lorax ride or Grinch coaster coming to the land!”

Seuss Landing Thread now: “Is Dr Seuss racist?”
Basically applies to everything nowadays and I’m so freaking tired of it already.

Just enjoy life instead of searching for things to be miserable about. It’s not that hard.

Guys, they are taking a few books out of circulation because they have racially insensitive images. That's it. The choice is perfectly reasonable and in no way constitutes any "people looking to be miserable." This isn't cancel culture, and there is no word that anything in Seuss Landing is in danger of imminent change.

It's wild that this thread is filled with posts essentially bemoaning cancel culture despite the fact that there wasn't some big recent controversial uprising calling for this. Dr. Seuss Enterprises made this decision. Their hand wasn't forced. They acknowledged it may be dated and made a shift. That's literally it. You can't pretend everyone is miserable nowadays while simultaneously being miserable every time someone takes steps to right former wrongs.

So....um.....Seuss Landing speculation.

I know a Lorax ride would've been nice, but I'm not keen for another simulator attraction. Would be nice if they made it in the style that SLoP was supposed to be.

A Grinch coaster would be great to offer a legit family coaster since IoA is being filled with so many thrilling coasters. A good family one would help diversify the line-up. Even if the Illumination film didn't do so great, it could work as the Grinch is so universally recognized and beloved.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Guys, they are taking a few books out of circulation because they have racially insensitive images. That's it. The choice is perfectly reasonable and in no way constitutes any "people looking to be miserable." This isn't cancel culture, and there is no word that anything in Seuss Landing is in danger of imminent change.

Especially that the Seuss Foundation is the one who made this decision. No one forced them to do it.

Especially that the Seuss Foundation is the one who made this decision. No one forced them to do it.
Besides, considering that there are already people writing new Seuss books, it's only short time before they modify the offending images, and rerelease "Updated and Revised" editions. Outside of a couple whiners, it's a win win win. And I say this as someone who's a bigger fan of Geisel's political cartoons than his children's books, racist though much of it was.

Source please?

The facts we know are Geisel had an affair with Aubrey while his first wife wasndying of cancer, and then married Aubrey after the wife committed suicide. If you're saying that's not true, I need a source for the claim.
I'm not about to page through these biographies that were sourced to verify, but this seems to go into what @Disneyhead was referencing:

Note: I literally just now googled for a source and I apologize if this is inaccurate in any way :lol:

I'm not about to page through these biographies that were sourced to verify, but this seems to go into what @Disneyhead was referencing:

Note: I literally just now googled for a source and I apologize if this is inaccurate in any way :lol:

If Reddit came in wet and told me it was raining, I'd have to look out the window. On the other hand, I consider Brian Jay James as unimpeachable a source as there is - he's corrected me on a thing or two I've long believed about Jim Henson, so while there's no knowing-for-sure, if he said it, I accept it. I maintain the larger point that we have to stop pretending that these folks can't be the bedpost of childhoods and also be judged for their actions.