Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shanghai Disneyland

I’d like to know if this opening is more from China’s pushing or Disney’s. I’d guess China.

Contrast that with HK, who has contained the virus in remarkable fashion; is it HK government or Disney pushing not opening there?

And obviously Shanghai is profitable whereas HK isn’t, so that’s another underlying issue.
I think HKDL has been more profitable with it being closed than when it's been open so no surprise to me that they haven't reopened.

I’d like to know if this opening is more from China’s pushing or Disney’s. I’d guess China.

Contrast that with HK, who has contained the virus in remarkable fashion; is it HK government or Disney pushing not opening there?

And obviously Shanghai is profitable whereas HK isn’t, so that’s another underlying issue.
and the opening is with restrictions, ie. masks, various precautions etc....seems more government PR than anything else, at this point in time, especially in light of the Premier visiting the province today where everything started.

This will work in Asia.

But this is going to be hilarious in Orlando. People have a hard time when they hear “move to the end of the row and take every available seat.”

Now it’ll be “move to the end of every other row and leave 2 seats in between in family group”

Get ready for a cluster F! Haha

Random question but how big of a deal was it when Disney opened the new park? Like in 2016 when the park opened was it a huge deal? I remember seeing a whole report on it on the BBC or something.

It was a big deal to theme park fans, but I really don't think it made much impact outside of China. It really was designed to appeal to the local market and not necessarily draw international travelers (although I know several Disney fans who made the trip because they felt like they needed to experience it).

Looks like Zootopia is going to be more than just a big E-Ticket - bottom right some kind of tracked ride?
Screenshot_2020-12-23 Shanghai Disneyland expansion.jpg

Via Themparx

Well, they are laying claim that this is a land, so only one ride would be a little disappointing.

SNW Hollywood says hello ;)
But yes I agree, especially in a park with such long wait times and in need of additional atractions

Could just be wiring? I feel like they would have mentioned another ride or Hogwarts-esque transport in a press release

Could be! but if you zoom in it looks like a cut out in the middle of a path to me.