Shanghai Disneyland | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Shanghai Disneyland

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it looks awesome!!! I seriously don't know what you all are complaining about ride wise, MGM and animal kingdom only opened with 2 attractions. They're getting a lot and most are E tickets. I'm excited at the fact almost all of these are brand spanking new, the rapids ride, pirates and tron all look phenomenal. I'm especially intrigued by the jack sparrow stunt show which is an idea that would GREATLY benifit MGM (LMA or Indiana please). I'll probably never go but it looks great, only gonna get better from opening too, now if it only had it's version of the haunted mansion.....also no small world what the heck

Reactions: grizzlybarely
Wikipedia states:
"and will be owned and operated through a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company and the Shanghai Shendi Group."

Is this going to be a different arrangement from Hong Kong or Tokyo? Will Disney share profits?
You might want to read some of the posts on Magic from Spirit, Lee and the other insiders. Seems to be some concerns raised about the composition, direction and operation of this resort. Lot's of reading there. And, keep in mind, China is a totalitarian communist dictatorship. That will figure in this entire concept. And even though Hong Kong is politically under Chinese rule, it's an entire different animal.

You might want to read some of the posts on Magic from Spirit, Lee and the other insiders. Seems to be some concerns raised about the composition, direction and operation of this resort. Lot's of reading there. And, keep in mind, China is a totalitarian communist dictatorship. That will figure in this entire concept. And even though Hong Kong is politically under Chinese rule, it's an entire different animal.

Could you pm me a link to the specific conversation? I only peek occasionally at the Uni forum there.

Thanks!
Corrupt Commie Bastards!

Reactions: Mad Dog
Just gonna throw this out there:

Not surprising after HKDL failed to steal market share from the much more culturally relevant Ocean Park. After that and the whole Euro Disney fiasco I doubt we see too much American anything over in the foreign parks. That market is big enough to sustain the park anyway, so it shouldn't matter much.

The Tron coaster is clearly their answer to Space Mountain... which I'm fine with, however... I have an issue with the design itself. Why the hell does it go outside? I mean really, that sort've kills the whole Tron "Grid" atmosphere a bit, especially during the daytime. At night, I am sure it will be very cool. The other issue with it having that outdoor portion is that if there is crappy weather, it will have to close. As for the building itself, I don't like that the exterior is white, it should be black. That isn't so much a problem as the outdoor segment.

I'm mostly curious to see the castle & its multi-purpose features once its complete.

a speeder bike coaster would be awesome...but it just seems to good to be true. They would also probably dumb it down for the youngsters.

Yeah, I was reading about China last night after I had heard that they expect adults to outnumber kids at this park 4-to-1. And I had heard some of this stuff about the One Kid Policy over there previously but it never really sunk in. It's pretty tragic.

Annoys me that our American theme park companies are always so hungry to do business at some f-ed up little places. Like Universal with Dubai and Russia.. give me a freakin' break. I get that money talks but don't whore your brand out so easily.

And now the trouble that Disney seems to be having with the Chinese government speaks volumes too. But alas... they are making a beautiful new theme park over there with our properties... so what's a theme park fan like me to do?

Yes, China has real potential demographic & economic problems resulting from that 1 child policy. Their traditional old age safety net is the children taking care of the parents, since there are no pensions or social security type mechanisms. So what happens when there's no kids or those kids moved to the city. It's slowly creeping to a society where the old age population will outnumber the working population.

Reactions: SweeneysGalMegz
That's apparently where all the money is at though, people over in Tokyo go to Disneyland like it's church. I know japan is insanely different from china but still, with it's umbelievably large population there's potential for sure

I wonder if Universal is prepared to encounter the same kinds of corruption and financial losses that Disney has been rumored to have encountered.

I am not even sure how far Universal's Beijing project is along at this point... broken ground?

That's apparently where all the money is at though, people over in Tokyo go to Disneyland like it's church. I know japan is insanely different from china but still, with it's umbelievably large population there's potential for sure

The emerging markets in the last 5 years have been in the East. China and India especially. Brazil, Mexico and Turkey had their chance but they've not moved forward as quickly. China and India is where there is a massive increase in Middle Class - Exactly the place any company should be investing right now.

The western world is much too clogged up with competition and people clawing their way out of recession.

My last job was in an international bank where investment in the business has followed the above trends, pulling out of Brazil Mexico and Turkey to concentrate on the eastern business.

Reactions: Cole
After taking a look at Shanghai's website, I noticed something which kinda' got skipped over. Peter Pan's Flight is going to have a new ride system.

"Inverted-coaster ride system: The flying sensation in Peter Pan’s Flight will be enhanced by a newly developed inverted-coaster ride system, debuting at a Disney park for this attraction. With new magic, the ride vehicles swoop closer to the action with varying speeds, enabling guests to become more immersed in the story as they fly in and out of each scene."

https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com.cn/en/about/fantasayland/

Could this ride system be similar to Mack's powered inverted coaster which recently debuted at Europa Park? With the Aurther ride being a inverted coaster that has varying speeds it seems like a fitting system for Peter Pan.

After taking a look at Shanghai's website, I noticed something which kinda' got skipped over. Peter Pan's Flight is going to have a new ride system.

"Inverted-coaster ride system: The flying sensation in Peter Pan’s Flight will be enhanced by a newly developed inverted-coaster ride system, debuting at a Disney park for this attraction. With new magic, the ride vehicles swoop closer to the action with varying speeds, enabling guests to become more immersed in the story as they fly in and out of each scene."

Could this ride system be similar to Mack's powered inverted coaster which recently debuted at Europa Park? With the Aurther ride being a inverted coaster that has varying speeds it seems like a fitting system for Peter Pan.

Totally can see that. LOVE that ride system!