Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shanghai Disneyland

It also helps that it seems that the Fox deal is going through. Then Disney gets to pay licencing fees from their left pocket to the right.
I find it funny how all of Disney’s third party deals have eventually just been straight up bought by them with the only standout remaining being Twilight Zone.

Moved posts over as I wanted to respond, but not continue to take Nintendo thread off-topic...

It also helps that it seems that the Fox deal is going through. Then Disney gets to pay licencing fees from their left pocket to the right.
I do think we'll see Flight of Passage become something that gets cloned to many parks. I could see Paris taking it and putting it in WDSP. However, I don't think Disney will ever build a full-scale Pandora again as the cost was just too astronomical to justify imo.

One very popular ride however? Not a hard sell.

Are they a reliable source? I don't see anyone else reporting it and that artwork has been around for years.

It WOULD make sense seeing as there was A LOT of Zootopia merch when I was there. Entire stores dedicated to it.

Are they a reliable source? I don't see anyone else reporting it and that artwork has been around for years.

It WOULD make sense seeing as there was A LOT of Zootopia merch when I was there. Entire stores dedicated to it.
They don’t generally deal in gossip.

That said if no one else is reporting it, I do have to question it.

That is actually not an artwork for the new land, it just represents Zootopia. I have actually stumbled upon the actual artwork for the main (only?) ride that will be included in this new land, and it seems to be another trackless dark ride.

If true, that means there'll finally be a trackless ride in every resort by whenever this opens. :ears:

They were the ones to break the ice on that Frozen artwork for HKDL weeks before Disney Parks Blog confirmed it.

DAK is a "real world" park. Even beastly kingdom was about historical mythical beasts. Not pop culture sci-fi space kitties. Neither Pandora nor Zootopia fit the bio-educational mission statement. It's like the BBC's Blue Planet showing Sharknado. America is becoming dumber by the minute and needs all the help it can get.

DAK is a "real world" park. Even beastly kingdom was about historical mythical beasts. Not pop culture sci-fi space kitties. Neither Pandora nor Zootopia fit the bio-educational mission statement. It's like the BBC's Blue Planet showing Sharknado. America is becoming dumber by the minute and needs all the help it can get.

I think this is an excellent point but my concern with that mission statement is that it’s kind of a tarred brush now. I’m amazed that AK doesn’t get the same treatment as SeaWorld has been getting.

I prefer the idea of Zootopia over Indiana Jones but we’re living in an IP centric world now at Disney and they only have so many IPs that kind of make sense and even less that are popular enough to warrant the price tags that these new lands are now costing.

I think this is an excellent point but my concern with that mission statement is that it’s kind of a tarred brush now. I’m amazed that AK doesn’t get the same treatment as SeaWorld has been getting.

I prefer the idea of Zootopia over Indiana Jones but we’re living in an IP centric world now at Disney and they only have so many IPs that kind of make sense and even less that are popular enough to warrant the price tags that these new lands are now costing.
I don't mind Indy in DAK really, but Indy fighting Dino's in DAK would make my head explode.