Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shanghai Disneyland

I’m just happy that they seem to be constantly investing in this park so far since opening. Do they have plans for an Avengers Campus here? You’d think it’d be something they would want to add to the park, especially given how popular those characters are in China.

I’m just happy that they seem to be constantly investing in this park so far since opening. Do they have plans for an Avengers Campus here? You’d think it’d be something they would want to add to the park, especially given how popular those characters are in China.
Was thinking the same, but maybe they are holding that for a 2nd gate?

After watching Jungle Cruise, it gave me hope that they would build a movie-based one here since they did such an incredible job on Pirates. It's the only resort other than DLP without one.

After watching Jungle Cruise, it gave me hope that they would build a movie-based one here since they did such an incredible job on Pirates. It's the only resort other than DLP without one.
But what really differentiates a Pirates movie-based ride from a Jungle Cruise movie-based ride? In almost every review, Pirates was brought up, and not just because it's another theme park attraction turned movie, but because of the similarities that the movies have thematically. Jungle Cruise doesn't have Pirates, but aside from that, it's still virtually the same genre of adventure movie.

But what really differentiates a Pirates movie-based ride from a Jungle Cruise movie-based ride? In almost every review, Pirates was brought up, and not just because it's another theme park attraction turned movie, but because of the similarities that the movies have thematically. Jungle Cruise doesn't have Pirates, but aside from that, it's still virtually the same genre of adventure movie.

Sure, but plenty of parks have both attractions. I imagine it could be loosely based but still be inspired by it. Regardless, a new version could be great. I really enjoyed HKDL's and this could push it to the next level.

Sure, but plenty of parks have both attractions. I imagine it could be loosely based but still be inspired by it. Regardless, a new version could be great. I really enjoyed HKDL's and this could push it to the next level.
My point is that the original parks attractions (even HKDL) don't really feel all that similar to each other whereas I would worry that a modernized Jungle Cruise based on the movie just ends up as another screen based based ride and then Pirates and Jungle Cruise would feel very same-y in Shanghai.

I like the idea, could see it having a take on the over the waterfall trick from Maelstrom/Frozen at Epcot but on a much bigger scale. Based on how amazing Shanghi Pirates is I'd love to see what they could do with this.

Probably hasn't earned enough to get an attraction though :(

dardgaer.jpg

Washington Post: "Shanghai Disneyland locked down the park Sunday evening and began to conduct mass (covid) testing of the visitors (33,563) already
inside. It will remain closed Monday and Tuesday while it co operates with pandemic efforts, Shanghai Disneyland said in a statement Monday".......Information
of a positive covid contact that reportedly visited the park on Saturday triggered the testing and closure.

Seems like a clone or a differently themed ride using the same layout to Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars is coming to Shanghai Disneyland. It's an outdoor multi-launch coaster and Vekoma is the ride manufacturer. At first I was thinking maybe it was Slinky Dog, but Slinky is a Mack. Big Grizzly fits the description AND is a Vekoma coaster.

More here:

Nice. Big Grizzly Mountain is great and the park could definitely use a ride like this, plus the need for expansion/capacity. This and Zootopia are a nice one-two punch.

I pray the CCP is overreacting here. They seem to just be going through the Omi like we did but remembering that SDL was first to shut when it all began is disconcerting.

I pray the CCP is overreacting here. They seem to just be going through the Omi like we did but remembering that SDL was first to shut when it all began is disconcerting.

China has a birth issue so they can't really afford having any large scale health/death event.

Thats why they take it next level especially when it comes to the parks