Show: The Carnage Returns | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Show: The Carnage Returns

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wish we could have epic shows like this every year. Sad thing is, next year, we'll probably just go back to having RHPS or some sort of Magic show as the second show.

Although I may take that back because a temporary stage will need to be built again I believe as Beetlejuice is gonna hit the dust. Hopefully we get another kickass show like this next year then, now that I think about it.

I wish we could have epic shows like this every year. Sad thing is, next year, we'll probably just go back to having RHPS or some sort of Magic show as the second show.

Although I may take that back because a temporary stage will need to be built again I believe as Beetlejuice is gonna hit the dust. Hopefully we get another kickass show like this next year then, now that I think about it.

If you put it into retrospective, the only two venues for a show next year might just be the FFL venue and T23Ds theatres. I could see a show possibly being put in place over at T2 unless they go for having that stage become yearly for HHN.

If you put it into retrospective, the only two venues for a show next year might just be the FFL venue and T23Ds theatres. I could see a show possibly being put in place over at T2 unless they go for having that stage become yearly for HHN.
...or they could build a temporary stage again.

What I dont understand is why they removed the last years sacrifice show but this show is deemed okay. Any thoughts?

Had a chance to see this twice. Once in front, the other afar from Mel's. Overall there is little to no changes and is very scripted, but no matter. The pacing was zippy as hell and it's fun, infectious and funny, they just need to work on the ending for it to become perfect. I dunno, yea I think the original was similar but the ending came out of nowhere. And yea, that works for a street show but this is beyond that in quality. If it DOES get moved to say... Animal Actors (cmon that'd be hilarious) and with seats, expanded with a bigger finale, this would be the best damn show in the entire resort.

Some guy behind me was bitching about how much of a Harley Quinn ripoff Chance was, but I can give two very big reasons on why she's better. ;)

Fantastic show, saw it three times. I know Sean loves it too. Clearly this is where the love, attention, and good show cast went this year.

Fantastic show, saw it three times. I know Sean loves it too. Clearly this is where the love, attention, and good show cast went this year.
Definitely, especially since B&T nose-dived this year after a few solid years in 2013 and 2014. It's really not even worth seeing.

My only problem with Carnage is there's not really any room for improv.

It felt like the show was forcibly made tight due to bottlenecking concerns. I'm aware the first Carnival of Carnage took place on a stage in the same area, but that seems like trying to adhere too much to the past in order to make fanboys happy. I don't get why it couldn't have been in Animal Actors, or hell, Beetlejuice while the old thing is still standing there.

But I guess a street show's a street show. It's way too good to be a street show, but I disgress.

What I dont understand is why they removed the last years sacrifice show but this show is deemed okay. Any thoughts?

Mainly because the sacrifice was not advertised or given set show times or in the park map. It just happened as part of the scare zone. This show is advertised and they even give a warning in the beginning. I think Universal has taken more precautions to make sure this show survives the event. When people pressure them to shut it down they can claim that they warned people of the graphic nature, while with the sacrifice they really couldn't.

This isn't based on any knowledge or fact, just my theory.

I really enjoy Carnival of Carnage, at least when the original Jack does the show, which is often lately. But I'd enjoy it far more often if it offered seating and/or air conditioning.

For everyone that loves the stage and set design for this production, be sure to say a big thanks to Nick of A&D who designed most if not all of it!

(FYI: I don't have a clue who Nick is and and wouldn't know him if I fell over him. I just asked "around" who was responsible for the design because I marveled at it.)

Reactions: photoginit
Saw the show for the 2nd time last night, and I enjoyed it a lot more this time around. Truly an incredible show that perfectly encapsulates everything HHN is about. My Jack was perfect ( from my understanding, the guy who played him is the same Jack from the commercials), he makes the show and managed to throw in so many cool little moments, like after one of the kills he ran his hand over the persons blood and proceeded to rub it all over his face. Also loved all the inside jokes, there seemed to be a lot more than I rembered from Bloody Mary, Lady Luck, Robosaurus, a mention of our beloved HateToFly (yup, Jack mentioned his name as one of the many different ways they could kill Amanda. I believe he called it The HateToFly), plus so many more. I admit it does feel a bit short, but they pack so much brutality, fun and cool poop into the run time that it's hard not to love what you get. A perfect show, if u miss it then you miss one of the absolute best things about this year. Also, make sure u get there 15 minutes prior so u can watch what I consider one hell of a cool preshow (it's just pyro and songs, but it's damn entertaining).

Reactions: SeventyOne