Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

Unless said walkthrough is celebrating the work of Alfred Hitchcock

But actually, as much as I hate TSMM, I feel Universal could actually plus the concept

Hell, the showbuilding for TSMM is super tiny compared to others around Orlando
I don’t disagree, also the idea works well with the Minions.

I also don’t see why they’d wouldnt wait for more Minion stuff in Epic Universe since it’s not their currently, if the whole Illumination part is true or they have other minion attraction ideas.

oof, walk-through, I would hope it would be the ride option...but that really sounds like web slingers. IMO Uni should be running away from that type of ride/experience, not embracing it. I know everything can't be an E ticket, nor should it, but these ideas just seem so, blah.

oof, walk-through, I would hope it would be the ride option...but that really sounds like web slingers. IMO Uni should be running away from that type of ride/experience, not embracing it. I know everything can't be an E ticket, nor should it, but these ideas just seem so, blah.
A walkthrough would be a huge bummer

The more I think about it, another interactive ride in Studios would be great

They could add in practical effects as well as screen elements...and it doesn't necessarily have to have glasses

As much as I'm excited to try Pets in Hollywood (and as much as it appears to be an excellent and sorely-needed addition), the reality is that Pets is seen as a failed/dormant franchise in the eyes of Universal and Illumination. Pets 2 was a major financial disappointment even though it most likely turned a healthy profit: Illumination & Uni expected it to become another Minions-level multi-billion dollar franchise.

Pets in Hollywood only really happened because it was too late to stop once the box office returns came in. That isn't to say it couldn't still happen in Orlando... but I imagine there's less excitement about the prospect.

As much as I'm excited to try Pets in Hollywood (and as much as it appears to be an excellent and sorely-needed addition), the reality is that Pets is seen as a failed/dormant franchise in the eyes of Universal and Illumination. Pets 2 was a major financial disappointment even though it most likely turned a healthy profit: Illumination & Uni expected it to become another Minions-level multi-billion dollar franchise.

Pets in Hollywood only really happened because it was too late to stop once the box office returns came in. That isn't to say it couldn't still happen in Orlando... but I imagine there's less excitement about the prospect.
Hopefully this is another Waterworld situation then, where the quality of the attraction is more important than the box office ratings.

I’m also curious about how Creative East feels about importing something fully from Creative West. It feels like a one way street for the most part. When rides do come over from California, they’re typically stand alone attraction versions of the tram (to obviously mixed results.)

I don't think it should hurt UO Creative's pride that the West team just happened to have designed an attraction that USF desperately could use.

But even if it somehow did, that's not a good reason to not build SLOP in Orlando.

I don't think it should hurt UO Creative's pride that the West team just happened to have designed an attraction that USF desperately could use.

But even if it somehow did, that's not a good reason to not build SLOP in Orlando.
You kidding? Business politics means that’s the best reason to not build it.

You kidding? Business politics means that’s the best reason to not build it.

I'm not in the company's senior management, so I'm talking purely from the perspective of a guest whose enjoyment of Universal Studios Florida would be dramatically increased by the replacement of Shrek (or Minions or Fallon or Supercharged, but those don't seem likely) with SLOP (or something very similar).

I really want SLoP because its facade would get the park another step closer to getting rid of the studio look. It needs to go.

Shrek has life. If they don’t wanna bring SLoP over, a similar dark ride feat Shrek would be just fine IMO.
I think we want to see Shrek out of the park because of its current incarnation as a subpar 4D theater

Buuut seeing Shrek get a much bigger and better attraction would be great

I feel as well that Shrek is still a great property that won't just fade away...even without new films

Shrek has life. If they don’t wanna bring SLoP over, a similar dark ride feat Shrek would be just fine IMO.

My preference for SLOP is primarily because it's already been designed, looks great, and could (theoretically) be added quickly.

In a vacuum, I actually would rather have a Shrek ride (I like Shrek as a property more than SLOP), but -- unless they've already got a concept they've been sitting on -- they'd be starting from scratch with the design process, which would likely guarantee it would take longer to actually show up in the park than I want USF to wait for a new dark ride.

Shrek has so many opportunities for a mini land. Iconic locations, characters, puns, gags, music, food opportunities. I wish we had this single IP push back at the height of its popularity. The recent rumor of rebooting the franchise leaves it in such a limbo. It definitely deserves better.

Plus, I bet Smash Mouth would be very happy to play at the opening of any new Shrek-based areas/attractions. :grin: But, sincerely, the franchise does deserve better IMO.

Shrek has so many opportunities for a mini land. Iconic locations, characters, puns, gags, music, food opportunities.
Not even just a mini-land; the Shrek franchise is, in my opinion, the only one under DWA with the longevity, characters, and settings necessary to warrant a single-IP land. It deserves way better than a terrible simulator.

Last edited: