Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Brain will have to qualify his statement beyond his hint (I don't know anything about guest impressions on the ride myself) but here are some reasons:
  • Good GSATs but not good enough to bring to UOR
  • Internal political drama
  • No champions to have the ride copied (all west coast UC was let go last I heard)
  • "lets just build something new"
Hm, interesting. All those points make sense especially if west coast UC were laid off. It just doesn’t feel like it’ll come here, but illumination land would need it if it were at Epic Universe so, this is strange.

I hope they take this concept of a ride and apply it elsewhere, at the very least. Honestly once MIB/Simpsons go either of those plots could use a nice dark ride. Kidzone obviously does as well but, this is all interesting!

Hm, interesting. All those points make sense especially if west coast UC were laid off. It just doesn’t feel like it’ll come here, but illumination land would need it if it were at Epic Universe so, this is strange.

I cannot emphasize this enough: I KNOW NOTHING. These are just examples. Maybe the thing is the worst rated Universal attraction, I dunno. I'm just trying to offer several examples of why the ride might be good for USH but there just isn't the desire to bring it to UOR (or maybe it is coming! )

There are attractions that fans hate and the public love, and vice versa. The public doesn't care about the ride system as long as the ride is good.

The public loves RockIt, Fallon, Frozen, yet theme parks fans always trash them.
The fans love ET Adventure, Kong, FOP, yet most people leave them confused or plain boring.

I don’t have the inside track on this, but I do know the glacial lines, delays, and general virtual queue bureaucracy associated with the ride are a major source of ire with guests. If it came to Florida, they would probably need to expand the load/unload belts and rethink the vehicles.

I cannot emphasize this enough: I KNOW NOTHING. These are just examples. Maybe the thing is the worst rated Universal attraction, I dunno. I'm just trying to offer several examples of why the ride might be good for USH but there just isn't the desire to bring it to UOR (or maybe it is coming! )
I know, I’m just discussing those things for speculation purposes. I’ve said for awhile I feel it’s not coming cause I think it’d have been green lit for 2024 pre Epic Universe. Not trying to state you as gospel but you just simply make good points!

There are attractions that fans hate and the public love, and vice versa. The public doesn't care about the ride system as long as the ride is good.

The public loves RockIt, Fallon, Frozen, yet theme parks fans always trash them.
The fans love ET Adventure, Kong, FOP, yet most people leave them confused or plain boring.

Public seems to love Kong and FOP.

Whether or not Orlando gets the Pets attraction has never been a concern for me. We usually get everything anyway plus more so I feel certain posters need to be patient.

USF will eventually get a brand new fleshed out dark ride. That’s the problem with being so invested in these parks is that you become very jaded and pessimistic.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Whether or not Orlando gets the Pets attraction has never been a concern for me. We usually get everything anyway plus more so I feel certain posters need to be patient.

USF will eventually get a brand new fleshed out dark ride. That’s the problem with being so invested in these parks is that you become very jaded and pessimistic.
Well we'll see. No signs yet of your Jurassic Park being fixed up or getting the Jurassic World update yet, right? Just because things have been going a certain way doesn't mean it'll stay that way, and I'd guess a lot of the Orlando attention is going to Epic Universe these days. Also, and more to the point, if it is true that this ride isn't doing well in approval-ratings, then perhaps future dark rides are less likely.

Last edited: