Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With great respect, I disagree with this plan! Not in terms of theme (because I think a DreamWorks catch-all area would be fine), but in terms of scope and ambition.

Perhaps it's because we know what Universal originally intended to fit into that plot, but I think anything less than a couple of new dark rides (or a dark ride and a highly-themed family coaster) would constitute a continued waste of valuable space.

I agree, but I like to be realistic. It just makes sense to do something "cheap" right now to keep USF relevant for children, and then plan on having something big for Simpsons in the future for everyone else.

Yea, I think they're still going to try to time it for whatever Kid Zone replacement to go at the same time with Simpsons, as well as Production Central to all go at once. My thought is after EW we'll see some restructuring to these areas.

I’ve been waiting for Shrek to go forever. Haven’t even went on it my last few trips because I’ve been on it so many times but now that’s it’s officially about to go, I’m going to miss it. I also literally never realized it was two theaters. I’m in shock! I’m glad I got what I wanted from the gift store a few years ago.

During the BTS HHN daytime tour when you went into case files you could look up and see the pre show for Shrek still intact. It’s crazy what they can do and how they put together just the houses so fast. I can see this new attraction opening fairly quickly as well. If the rumors are true. Universal Creative blows my mind!

You guys really think this Minions replacement is going to be temporary? I’m willing to guess it’ll be around 10 years minimum.

I mean I got the impression from the moment “temporary” was introduced into the rumor mill that it depended on one’s definition of the word temporary especially in construction and theme park years . I’m a civil engineer and with projects when I think of words like “temporary” and “eventually” , my brain automatically thinks in decades and half-decades.

Reactions: Nico and GA-MBIT
It's not temporary, I think it was people hoping it was replaced with a ride going through the cycles of grief.
Wasn't Shrek 4-D originally supposed to be 'temporary'?

Also, one's definition of temporary could play into the perception of how long it will be around.

I give it a decade at minimum as they have more pressing things to work on and areas in the park with larger footprints to play with that could fit some real people eating attractions.

I know it’s another screen attraction (groans)…but I think I’m strongly in favor of the Dreamworks Theater from Hollywood taking over Shrek 4-D. It just seems like the natural, easy, and safe choice. We have TWO ready made theaters and pre-show rooms for it. Also, It has been well received by guests there and the online reaction isn’t overtly negative. It just makes the most sense to me.

And before I get attacked:

1. Yes, I think SLOP should be the first choice to take over Shrek. I think it’s silly that they aren’t even considering it.

2. I’m sure Villain-Con will be awesome. I would just like more details on it, because right now I’m not sold on it.

3. I’m pretty sure the real reason they won’t put it here is because they already have plans for Kung Fu Panda that don’t include the Dreamworks Theater

I know it’s another screen attraction (groans)…but I think I’m strongly in favor of the Dreamworks Theater from Hollywood taking over Shrek 4-D. It just seems like the natural, easy, and safe choice. We have TWO ready made theaters and pre-show rooms for it. Also, It has been well received by guests there and the online reaction isn’t overtly negative. It just makes the most sense to me.

1. Yes, I think SLOP should be the first choice to take over Shrek. I think it’s silly that they aren’t even considering it.

2. I’m sure Villain-Con will be awesome. I would just like more details on it, because right now I’m not sold on it.

3. I’m pretty sure the real reason they won’t put it here is because they already have plans for Kung Fu Panda that don’t include the Dreamworks Theater
I agree with you too. Plus with the Villain con attraction there have been conflicting rumors with how far along it is in development. Then you got to take into account how they would have to modify the design for the interactive parts in the age of COVID. Epcot's Play Pavillon has been delayed for the indefinite future because of that. If Florida got the DreamWorks theatre in 2023, It would not be Kung Fu Panda. It would be another film like How To Train Your Dragon or Trolls and would debut at Hollywood at the same time as Orlando. (I would lean more towards How to Train Your Dragon being shown first as it could be a teaser for the HTTYD land at Epic Universe.) and they could demo both theaters in the Shrek building and make it one large theater and Pre show.

Reactions: Ken96

might be biased as a local to Hollywood, but I think SLoP should stay as a Hollywood exclusive. The park needs more things to make it stand on its own (especially as the Studio Tour loses more elements and hasn't gotten a good and proper refresh in quite a while and Special Effects being seemingly out). Having SLoP where it is, it fits so well into the the Upper Lot and I really hope they don't try to make a 1x1 replica of it somewhere else. it's possible that they are trying to make Hollywood be an experience in itself and not just a downgrade of the other parks with the Studio Tour thrown on top. I hope they continue down that route now that we have Jurassic World as well

might be biased as a local to Hollywood, but I think SLoP should stay as a Hollywood exclusive. The park needs more things to make it stand on its own (especially as the Studio Tour loses more elements and hasn't gotten a good and proper refresh in quite a while and Special Effects being seemingly out). Having SLoP where it is, it fits so well into the the Upper Lot and I really hope they don't try to make a 1x1 replica of it somewhere else. it's possible that they are trying to make Hollywood be an experience in itself and not just a downgrade of the other parks with the Studio Tour thrown on top. I hope they continue down that route now that we have Jurassic World as well

Normally, I would 100% agree with the desire to let individual parks have significant experiences unique to them.

But the fact that SLOP is already designed, and has already become well-liked, AND is exactly the sort of ride that USF needs... I would love to see it in USF.

Reactions: Freak and therock