Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would say the replacement will be open by summer 2023. I wonder when they will make the announcement of Shrek's replacement. Will they do it after it closes or wait over a year and announce it when it is close to opening in 2023?
Holovis huh?

They did the Mystic Timbers shed thing...and the very cool pre-show for Wicker Man

Plus some Legoland things

I thought the whole point of "rushing" a "temporary" attraction like what is rumored was purely so they could have a tie-in with the next MINIONS movie, which opens next summer.

Universal has shown they can build a temporary tribute store in about two weeks. HHN houses take no more than 2 months.

If the "bulk" of the attraction is screen/projection-based, it shouldn't take more than 4-5 months to construct.

It also depends on whether they were already working on the animation assets. That type of interactive media takes a lot of time to design, rig, render, test, and perfect. If they got started on it earlier this year/last year, then yeah, I could see them making a mid-summer 2022 opening. If they only started a couple months ago...

It also depends on whether they were already working on the animation assets. That type of interactive media takes a lot of time to design, rig, render, test, and perfect. If they got started on it earlier this year/last year, then yeah, I could see them making a mid-summer 2022 opening. If they only started a couple months ago...
I have a feeling they started on this years ago, and just weren't ready to pull the trigger with the pandemic messing things up till now.

See this is what I was thinking as well they needed to start construction already if they want this ready by 2022. However two attractions opening in 2023 wouldn’t be a bad thing either.

I’m having trouble visualizing the interior of Shrek. External queue. Opens into pre show room. That has two doors that lead into two theaters (of equal size?)
1. Do the floors in the theaters have a slope?
2. And we’re still under the impression only one theater will be utilized?
3. What are the odds someone has current schematics?

Eh, if this is as minimal as has been said to be, I really don't see a reason why it would take so long. I think we could see it open Late Summer 2022, tbh.
I was thinking that they would have to demo parts of the former Shrek theater to open up the space more for the despicable me attraction if it winds up being the attraction they build. That is why I though 2023 would be the opening date. It does take time to rip out the inside of a building. Unless they plan on repurposing the theater screens in Shrek somehow.

I’m having trouble visualizing the interior of Shrek. External queue. Opens into pre show room. That has two doors that lead into two theaters (of equal size?)
1. Do the floors in the theaters have a slope?
2. And we’re still under the impression only one theater will be utilized?
3. What are the odds someone has current schematics?

I've been stuck on this very same thing. I've been searching for videos in a vain attempt to see how the 2nd theatre worked but I haven't been able find anything. I've done a few walk arounds and I'm fairly sure the 2nd theatre had/has its own pre-show room, which is used as the HHN house's entrance - located in the far back corner of the building.

Reactions: natespf and Nico
I've been stuck on this very same thing. I've been searching for videos in a vain attempt to see how the 2nd theatre worked but I haven't been able find anything. I've done a few walk arounds and I'm fairly sure the 2nd theatre had/has its own pre-show room, which is used as the HHN house's entrance - located in the far back corner of the building.
Yea, pretty sure there are two preshows and two theaters.

Yea, pretty sure there are two preshows and two theaters.
For Florida's version of Shrek, yes they are two small theaters while Hollywood's had one large theater. Will this new Villain Con attraction involve gutting the building or will most or parts of the inside stay intact?

For Florida's version of Shrek, yes they are two small theaters while Hollywood's had one large theater. Will this new Villain Con attraction involve gutting the building or will most or parts of the inside stay intact?
if they really want to get it done fast, they could just take out the theater on the street side and it’s preshow and leave the other side of the building untouched for a bit until after HHN. All they would have to do in this scenario is knock down a few walls and it would allow them to move on this quick, especially if they are prepped for it with prefab set pieces.

If they are indeed only using one theater for this, whats to stop them from installing this in one side of the building while Shrek is still operating in the other side? Would’ve made for an easy transition over to the new attraction

Reactions: Mad Dog
If they are indeed only using one theater for this, whats to stop them from installing this in one side of the building while Shrek is still operating in the other side? Would’ve made for an easy transition over to the new attraction
Because the side used for HHN is supposedly becoming a "flex use" space, so I assume they want to do the whole thing at once. Plus, who's gonna miss it when it only gets 5 minute waits in January anyway and maximum of around 45 in the summer because tourists think it's an actual ride.

Because the side used for HHN is supposedly becoming a "flex use" space, so I assume they want to do the whole thing at once. Plus, who's gonna miss it when it only gets 5 minute waits in January anyway and maximum of around 45 in the summer because tourists think it's an actual ride.

Maybe the parents of little ones will. The stroller parking always seemed full unless that's just people using it for Despicable Me ride

Maybe the parents of little ones will. The stroller parking always seemed full unless that's just people using it for Despicable Me ride
Oh, I don't doubt it. There's not much for parents with very young kids to do in the park. It's part of why Kid Zone needs a reimagining so badly and why Super Nintendo World would've been an excellent fit for the park.

Have they actually used that second theater since COVID? I remember they were using it as break space when not using it for HHN.

Have they actually used that second theater since COVID? I remember they were using it as break space when not using it for HHN.
That was at the beginning of the parks reopening when the parks were absolutely dead. Places like Monsters Cafe were used as break spaces then. Both Shrek theaters are in use now as the park is seeing very high crowds and is expected to be close to capacity around Christmas week.

Reactions: londonwerecat
If the amount of stuff they squeeze in there for HHN is any indication (without removing walls btw) then they will have plenty of space for an engaging walkthrough

Specifically if you stop and hang around in certain scenes