Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If the amount of stuff they squeeze in there for HHN is any indication (without removing walls btw) then they will have plenty of space for an engaging walkthrough

Specifically if you stop and hang around in certain scenes
It if there’s a conveyer belt.... wouldn’t it all be one straight line? That to me then sounds small in scale, I just don’t see that aspect being true. Plenty of cast members to move people along if needed, plus a quick pre show video in the queue saying how much you can test out or whatever. That’ll make it repeatable for kids.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Have they actually used that second theater since COVID? I remember they were using it as break space when not using it for HHN.
When we were there in mid June 2021 they used both theaters. We were in both of them. The lines spilled out of the extended queues and into the street. Of course, the parks were very crowded then. On our trip in mid November 2021, before Thanksgiving week, I only noticed the front theater open....and the lines were quite long, filling into the extended queue. ....

Last edited:
Reactions: Skold
I literally don’t even know where the 2nd theatre is so it’s clearly never been open anytime I’ve been there or been on the attraction, which is more times than you may think lol

Reactions: belloq87
I literally don’t even know where the 2nd theatre is so it’s clearly never been open anytime I’ve been there or been on the attraction, which is more times than you may think lol
The lines are in the same extended queue, but they route you to the second theater entrance which is near the back alley. Both theaters could be open, but you might not notice it unless you were in the extended queue, or asked the CM if both theaters were open. Over the years, if there's a large queue crowd, and I don't have Express, I've gotten in the habit of asking the CM on the line if both theaters are open, thus I can judge the real wait better. .

The lines are in the same extended queue, but they route you to the second theater entrance which is near the back alley. Both theaters could be open, but you might not notice it unless you were in the extended queue, or asked the CM if both theaters were open. Over the years, if there's a large queue crowd, and I don't have Express, I've gotten in the habit of asking the CM on the line if both theaters are open, thus I can judge the real wait better. .
Interesting. Until hear I never had a clue!

Reactions: belloq87
Oh, I don't doubt it. There's not much for parents with very young kids to do in the park. It's part of why Kid Zone needs a reimagining so badly and why Super Nintendo World would've been an excellent fit for the park.
Maybe the DreamWorks destination is a sign of things to come for Kidzone. They can do something like Pixar Pier at DCA and have an area of mix and match DreamWorks IP, like a copy of the DreamWorks Theatre in the former Barney plot if Villain Con goes where Shrek is, and some other dark ride in the same vain as Midway Mania and WEB SLINGERS. This dark ride concept would more than likely involve demoing Woody's nuthouse coaster and the Fievel pay area

Maybe the DreamWorks destination is a sign of things to come for Kidzone. They can do something like Pixar Pier at DCA and have an area of mix and match DreamWorks IP, like a copy of the DreamWorks Theatre in the former Barney plot if Villain Con goes where Shrek is, and some other dark ride in the same vain as Midway Mania and WEB SLINGERS. This dark ride concept would more than likely involve demoing Woody's nuthouse coaster and the Fievel pay area
They would much rather do an expensive re theme of kid zone, due to land constraints and overall direction universal has been going in. I think Pokémon is the most likely answer but a dream works land could work as well. Pokémon would probably be more profitable IMO.

When we were there in mid June 2021 they used both theaters. We were in both of them. The lines spilled out of the extended queues and into the street. Of course, the parks were very crowded then. On our trip in mid November 2021, before Thanksgiving week, I only noticed the front theater open....and the lines were quite long, filling into the extended queue. ....

I used to respect @Mad Dog as a veteran theme parker who knows his stuff. But this news that he waited in a long line for Shrek not once, but TWICE (!) changes everything. :grin:

:cheers:

I used to respect @Mad Dog as a veteran theme parker who knows his stuff. But this news that he waited in a long line for Shrek not once, but TWICE (!) changes everything. :grin:

:cheers:
:thumbsup:...:lol:............The food lines were even longer back in June when they had that disaster ordering food with your smartphone system. Damn, that was the worst system ever. In reality, the Shrek line waits weren't all that bad since they used both theaters. And to make my opinion look even worse....I actually really like Shrek. So much for my tastes I guess :lol:....Heck, people must still like Shrek. I've been going to Universal for 20 days plus a year, for a decade, and Shrek just about always has a line long enough to fill up the pre show area.

I debated experiencing Shrek 4D one last time on my recent trip, but then I realized... no, I actually didn't want to spend the time to do that!

Not at a 30 minute wait, certainly, which is what it was stuck at the whole day.
I made the mistake of going on it one last time. The seats constantly bucking is just awful, I should have went with the non moving seats.

Reactions: Nico and belloq87
With timelines being changed, it's not that difficult to see KidZone finally getting rethemed, not replaced in the next few years. KidZone as a base is fine, it's the dated IP content that prevents it from being popular. Replace Fievel with a Shrek playground, Woodpecker with a Trolls overlay, Curious George with Madagascar, Trolls stage show, and an additional 2-3 flat rides and you have a decent land that can support itself. Long-term you can add a dark ride at the parade building location.

Then, you can take on the Simpsons post-EU.

With timelines being changed, it's not that difficult to see KidZone finally getting rethemed, not replaced in the next few years. KidZone as a base is fine, it's the dated IP content that prevents it from being popular. Replace Fievel with a Shrek playground, Woodpecker with a Trolls overlay, Curious George with Madagascar, Trolls stage show, and an additional 2-3 flat rides and you have a decent land that can support itself. Long-term you can add a dark ride at the parade building location.

Yes. If it's kept as a primarily young kids area, that could be easily rejuvenated on a fairly minor budget.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Considering we usually would do 2 days at the Studios, one at islands, Potter day, then free for all for last day, having Shrek was sortaaaa nice for that 2nd day. Do Minions on day 1, and move straight. Do Shrek day 2, head to the right to Hollywood or transformers. It was a good strategy to spread out the screens and attractions themselves honestly, so I wonder how VillainCon will change that. The time it took up was a good thing too, not that we waste time, but it’s fine if that takes up 45 min for our breakfast to settle. Although typcically that 2nd day only had Mummy and transformers for thrill rides, but I digress. Hate the screens, but it created a decent balance in terms of vacationing.

With great respect, I disagree with this plan! Not in terms of theme (because I think a DreamWorks catch-all area would be fine), but in terms of scope and ambition.

Perhaps it's because we know what Universal originally intended to fit into that plot, but I think anything less than a couple of new dark rides (or a dark ride and a highly-themed family coaster) would constitute a continued waste of valuable space.

With great respect, I disagree with this plan! Not in terms of theme (because I think a DreamWorks catch-all area would be fine), but in terms of scope and ambition.

Perhaps it's because we know what Universal originally intended to fit into that plot, but I think anything less than a couple of new dark rides (or a dark ride and a highly-themed family coaster) would constitute a continued waste of valuable space.
It’s gotta be bulldozed, once HTTYD, SNW, and possibly SLOP as well at least, kidzone will look awful for any child. It needs a total re-do.