Six Flags Fright Fest 2022 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Fright Fest 2022

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So they've updated in the smallest way... their current NEW tag line is....
Screenshot_20220728-094050_Chrome.jpg

In other news, they've also jumped on the "early merch" train for Fright Fest online
ff_preview_banner__41427.jpg
Screenshot_20220728-030005_Chrome.jpg

Two sided mug with a blood-drip design inside
Screenshot_20220728-025836_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220728-025855_Chrome.jpg

The shirts- one regular, the other "girls cut/fit"
Screenshot_20220728-091937_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220728-092011_Chrome.jpg

I will say this is a SMALL step up for their merch, but it's also still very "basic".

I just wanted a shirt with all the mazes on it...how hard is that? lol
For Six Flags? Very hard.

Even Knott's has practically the same line-up each year & can STILL provide an "event shirt", Six Flags has no excuse (except for being CHEAP & mass producing generic not park specific merch just so it can be sold at multiple parks).

It took HHN Orlando YEARS to FINALLY sell a scarezone event shirt even though fans had been asking for it repeatedly.

Considering certain mazes (or themes) have had a lengthy run (Willoughby & Red's), it amazes me that there was never merch. I personally would've liked an "Aftermath 2: Chaos Rising" shirt.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I still go because it's free (for one night, at least) with my grandfathered membership.

And while I can't argue it's the same houses every year, I do have to give credit that the scare talent is improving. Still uneven to be sure, but there were a number of memorable scare actors at the last event I attended. In a strange way, I feel their house scare talent is now on par or sometimes even better than Knott's house scare talent (which I've always found to be wildly uneven). Scare zone talent is still better at Knott's, but SFMM is making headway in this department.

Reactions: Wesker69
I still go because it's free (for one night, at least) with my grandfathered membership.

And while I can't argue it's the same houses every year, I do have to give credit that the scare talent is improving. Still uneven to be sure, but there were a number of memorable scare actors at the last event I attended. In a strange way, I feel their house scare talent is now on par or sometimes even better than Knott's house scare talent (which I've always found to be wildly uneven). Scare zone talent is still better at Knott's, but SFMM is making headway in this department.
Except if you have a pass, it’s not free anymore. They blocked out all days that FF falls on.

To be fair last years FF was the biggest crap show I’ve seen from them in a while, so happy not every member gets to go

hope they add new mazes to make it worth it

SFMM posted more details. None of the mazes are different... yet. Notably absent from their listing: Red's Revenge.

Given labor shortages, I suppose it could be possible it means they're cutting the maze entirely. But I'd also gamble it has a good change of becoming a new maze. In terms of updating older their mazes, it'd be next in line.

Reactions: Clive
SFMM posted more details. None of the mazes are different... yet. Notably absent from their listing: Red's Revenge.

Given labor shortages, I suppose it could be possible it means they're cutting the maze entirely. But I'd also gamble it has a good change of becoming a new maze. In terms of updating older their mazes, it'd be next in line.

I really hope we’ll get one new house at least. Losing one over nothing would really suck but sounds like such a SFMM move.

Enjoy if you are going but only 5 mazes and they are the same ones from the past 10 years

I don't even understand how you could pay for this event. Part of horror is the shock and if the mazes dont change you really lose the shock part of these events....I literally know the layouts of most mazes in my head

Reactions: Freak
I always recommend SFMM Fright Fest as a "starter" event, for anyone dipping their toes into the Haunt game. It's not that great of course, but at least gives some of the atmosphere, with no separate ticket. If they don't like it, at least their not out any money.

Plus you can get some awesome night rides on coasters.

Reactions: Rideguy70
*insert confused We're the Millers kid*
Y'all go to Fright Fest?
4ish years ago I went, had a bring a friend for free and we end up spending less than 80 bucks for front of the line passes. We went on all mazes twice before 9 PM and a few rides, it was a blast.

But last year because of them having less staff it was much more of a mess at least for me. It was just something fun to do for cheap