Six Flags Fright Fest 2022 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Fright Fest 2022

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Fright Fest back in day was low key amazing. There was a great string from 2001 - 2007 all three parks were killing it, and FF was actually the scariest.

Fright Fest back in day was low key amazing. There was a great string from 2001 - 2007 all three parks were killing it, and FF was actually the scariest.
I highly disagree lol that's when I first went to FF and I have refused to go back ever since. Have watched walkthroughs every year and it's insane to me how they refuse to get better in quality. There's been a few times where I almost decided to go back (when they did Suicide Squad as a scarezone mainly) and each time, I was beyond glad I didn't when I saw the end product.

Last edited:
I don't know how it'll end up this year, but on a relative scale to Six Flags, I think the event has been improving. Condamed is one of the most detailed houses I've seen, even by HHN and Knott's standards (I mean, there aren't any black walls in it, so it has that going for it). And the talent has been improving.

Vault 666 has potential, and good moments, but to me never quite comes together. But it does try hard. And Willoughby is honestly also pretty detailed, and had some memorable talent I still think about now (there were scareactors crawling on the floor... that's some dedication). Sewer of Souls is fine, it's not my fave, but it is consistently themed.

As as for empty mazes, that prize goes to Knott's, sadly. I've been saying it for years, but the scareactors in Knott's maze are very, very hit and miss. I've gone through a maze with the scareactors in full mode, with a scare around every corner, and then do the same exact maze 20 minutes later, and they'll be 2 actors in the whole maze, and one of them doesn't even try to scare you. And this has not been a one time situation, it happens to me multiple times every year I go to Knotts. Yeah, it can happen at Fright Fest as well, but not to the degree it does at Knotts.

It's an interesting financial strategy they're trying. I see what they're trying to do, but I do agree that it'll likely backfire on them. Even I have to agree that if you're going to charge that much, the quality better be there. It's improved, but perhaps not quite by that much, especially with such notable local competition relatively nearby.

• Love
Reactions: Wesker69 and Clive
I'll give them one maze I loved back in the day the Black out ones where you could not see and had a flashlight. That was very cool but no they never lived up to Knotts and definitely not up to Universal standards

I have a question: I bought the Extreme Pass for SFMM earlier in the year. I recall there being a bunch of blackout dates during Fright Fest, but when I scanned my pass onto the app, there is no mention of blackout dates on there or anywhere on the site. Have they quietly lifted the blackout dates? Was thinking of checking out Fright Fest but don't want to have to pay full price on admission.

They dropped the event map for Fright Fest....

Frightfest2022map.jpg

Obviously the Metropolis area is now noticeably empty (thanks Wonder Woman :chainsaw: ) They do have a lot to offer, but could still up it a little bit. However, next year is their 30th, so let's hope they go bigger!

Lol, the first year I dont go they drop cool merch....your welcome everyone...lol
While that shirt IS cute....

They sold THIS one back in 2017/2018. Couldn't resist getting it. They even had a matching backpack!20220912_175922.jpg

They dropped the event map for Fright Fest....

View attachment 17316

Obviously the Metropolis area is now noticeably empty (thanks Wonder Woman :chainsaw: ) They do have a lot to offer, but could still up it a little bit. However, next year is their 30th, so let's hope they go bigger!

While that shirt IS cute....

They sold THIS one back in 2017/2018. Couldn't resist getting it. They even had a matching backpack!View attachment 17317
God, how did I miss these? That is a cool T shirt

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69
I'll be there this weekend, with my grandfathered in membership granting me "free" access lol. From what I've seen, there's some sort of mini show in Devils Triangle, looked kinda fun.

Who knows what quality Truth or Dare will be, but that will be my first stop

Reactions: Wesker69
Since Fright Fest started this past weekend, I looked at YouTube to see what horrors I could find....

"UNLEASHED!"

While it isn't much, it still gets a huge crowd of people which is pretty impressive when you consider its in the back of the park in DC UNIVERSE. I'd say Unleashed is cool because it showcases the monster makeup in a non-scare environment allowing guests to get a good look before darkness descends upon the mountain. It's cool that each SZ cast comes out in groups like a monster fashion show (however Six Flags needs more monster variety).

"THE RISING"

At least they "tried" to do something. Hopefully they'll fix the audio issue near the stage (but it is Six Flags, so not getting my hopes up). It could easily be shorter, but it is only their first weekend.

**NOTE: Watch it on mute & play Nox Arcana's "Phantoms of the High Seas" album until a better quality video pops up next month.

"Event Overview"

I HATE that this dude included "vlogging" moments (save that crap for after or just edit it out :chainsaw:), but at least you get a quick overview of the event. The "Starfish Boy" is my favorite :lol:

I wish the SZ casts were larger to really bring the areas to life. I'm still triggered by their SZ titles (and unnecessary/awkward subtitles). It's nice to see "Nightmares" got a refresh, not sure if it did last year or not, but I did notice a few props things "escaped" Red's Revenge!

Sucks "Truth or Dare" wasn't able to be part of opening weekend, but hope it's worth the wait & not a flop like 2017's "Blackout" maze that got replaced in 2018.

Some of the mazes were solid (sewer of souls, willsborough) some have slipped (vault 666 and condemned) and one sadly still closed. Most of the mazes had at least been changed a decent amount since a few years ago, and also no black walls!

and one sadly still closed.
Is it Truth or Dare that's closed? In some ways, I'm not surprised due to how they promoted the concept. It's possible it'll be a dud like 2017's "Dead End" which was replaced with Sewer in 2018.

How was Aftermath? I loved it in 2017, but it didn't feel as strong in 2019. So I'm curious.

Is it Truth or Dare that's closed? In some ways, I'm not surprised due to how they promoted the concept. It's possible it'll be a dud like 2017's "Dead End" which was replaced with Sewer in 2018.

How was Aftermath? I loved it in 2017, but it didn't feel as strong in 2019. So I'm curious.
Yeah Truth or Dare was closed. Aftermath had a solid atmosphere but since it moved to the deja vu spot I think it's felt a bit empty

So I went last night. I was with a non-coaster, non-haunt person, so we didn't get to do all that much on this particular visit (it was more just social). But we did get to do Condamned, Vault 666, Willoughby's, and Aftermath. All were fine with a few very minor improvements (most notably some day glo paint on walls that flashes on and off). Talent seemed pretty good. Crowds certainly did appear, so the blackout strategy didn't lead to reduced lines as the night went on.

The interesting story was the new maze, Truth or Dare. We were actually the first guests in the standby line at 7:05. The offical SFMM twitter account announced that Truth or Dare was opening tonight. Was told there was a delay, it'd maybe be another 15 min. After that wait, was told another 15 min. At around 7:40, we were told it wouldn't be open for at least another 45 minutes. At that point we decided to cut our losses and move on elsewhere.

As far as I can tell based on twitter responses, it didn't end up opening until around 10pm. We got in line at 10:15, but the queue was pretty full and didn't move at all for about 10 min, and since we had already had a long day with our non-coaster/haunt friend, we just decided to leave. At that point we realized that the official SFMM account had deleted their tweet about the new maze.

Also had two reports from people who did get to do the maze say it was terrible... and that aside from a nice facade (I did get to see that from afar, and it did look kind of cool) and a nice opening room, the rest of maze was nearly all just walls, little to no scaretalent or props. Oof. If that's case, I hope they keep working on it... maybe it still wasn't fully done when they opened it?

Last edited:
So I went last night. I was with a non-coaster, non-haunt person, so we didn't get to do all that much on this particular visit (it was more just social). But we did get to do Condamned, Vault 666, Willoughby's, and Aftermath. All were fine with a few very minor improvements (most notably some day glo paint on walls that flashes on and off). Talent seemed pretty good. Crowds certainly did appear, so the blackout strategy didn't lead to reduced lines as the night went on.

The interesting story was the new maze, Truth or Dare. We were actually the first guests in the standby line at 7:05. The offical SFMM twitter account announced that Truth or Dare was opening tonight. Was told there was a delay, it'd maybe be another 15 min. After that wait, was told another 15 min. At around 7:40, we were told it wouldn't be open for at least another 45 minutes. At that point we decided to cut our losses and move on elsewhere.

As far as I can tell based on twitter responses, it didn't end up opening until around 10pm. We got in line at 10:15, but the queue was pretty full and didn't move at all for about 10 min, and since we had already had a long day with out non-coaster/haunt friend, we just decided to leave. At that point we realized that the official SFMM account had deleted their tweet about the new maze.

Also had two reports from people who did get to do the maze say it was terrible... and that aside from a nice facade (I did get to see that from afar, and it did look kind of cool) and a nice opening room, the rest of maze was nearly all just walls, little to no scaretalent or props. Oof. If that's case, I hope they keep working on it... maybe it still wasn't fully done when they opened it?
Wow. That is absolutely pathetic. What a horrifically unprofessional way to promote your only new house. I’m absolutely skipping this year. Thank you SFMM for saving me money.