Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would guess next weekend... the amount of work they did in one week is way, way more than I would've ever expected. I really can't believe that Saw did get a new facade. As of a week ago, it was still the old one.

And I still can't believe how much Trick 'r Treat progressed in a week. I would've never guessed it would be that detailed on the outside.

Early reports of the mazes that are open (Stranger Things and Conjuring) aren't too bad, though maybe the scareactors still have to find their groove/proper staffing. And I'm sure the heat isn't helping.

Now that it appears my membership may get me into FF free/included, I may be going a lot, so I may be risking it next weekend

they won’t but six flags should offer some sort of refund or gift card

This is insane, how can you advertise it as the biggest event and have half your houses closed? Just really unprofessional

Chilling Chambers wasn't ready for employee Preview last year at knotts. And Universal has also been behind schedule
The monsters house not being 100 percent is nothing compared to houses not opening

They are literally lying to customers with what houses are available
You shouldn’t have to watch you tube videos to be caught up on this

The website could say on it which houses are not available, so consumers can make a decision if they want to come or not

I've got a friend messaging me from there right now and they're not impressed. Awaiting elaboration on that. I'm told a fright fest ticket without any form of day admission will get you in during the day.

It wasn't just that one & Universal has been behind schedule with one thing or another for HHN. It comes with the territory.

I don't fault Six Flags at all for delays with this year. Supply issues out of their control, labor shortage, etc. Things happen.
Then delay the event

But I’m watching live streams, not only are some houses not ready but many are just closed because of issues

No wait times on the app

This is just a poorly run event, this is beyond acceptable for a company who has done these events for years

I went to opening night HHN, it didn’t feel like this

Last edited:
From my friend who's there: "Trick or Treat never opened, the two mazes by Apocalypse are closed, Saw was down, but opened later, has huge lines, Conjuring was down most of the night, hardly any scare actors, scare zones are poop..."

I don't fault Six Flags at all for delays with this year. Supply issues out of their control, labor shortage, etc. Things happen.
I don't like to be excessively negative, but this feels a little overly generous to say. A delay isn't a delay when you open the event as if everything's fine without telling anyone, this isn't a preview or individual effects or actors not being in place, its entire attractions on opening night that have been advertised months ahead of time with a specific date attached. If you're gonna delay, you have to actually delay, or at least say *something* to indicate people won't be getting the full scope of what they're paying for before they've actually paid in the year you finally make it a hard ticket event.

Things happen, but when the things in question negatively affect guest experience and if you know what's not going to be ready, it's explicitly the job of the event organizers to tell the guests ahead of time or at least provide compensation after the fact. It also becomes hard to just narrow it down to "things happen" when this is the second year in a row they haven't had flagship attractions open for the first weekend. You would think the potential customer loss they risk from burning opening weekend attendees two years in a row would outweigh their fear of just having to provide reschedules or refunds as a courtesty.

The GP will get over it. And even IF everything was available, a good chunk would've missed half of it anyway. They'll be just fine.

It's no different from a new ride opening at Universal or Disney. If it goes down or ends up being down most/all day.. oh well. It sucks, but doesn't mean the world needs to end over it.

The GP will get over it. And even IF everything was available, a good chunk would've missed half of it anyway. They'll be just fine.

It's no different from a new ride opening at Universal or Disney. If it goes down or ends up being down most/all day.. oh well. It sucks, but doesn't mean the world needs to end over it.
do you work for six flags? I don’t even understand why you’re arguing about this.