Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I won't even bother talking about the above^ lol

But I will say I watched a Stranger Things walkthrough. Honestly, it looked a lot better than I was expecting. It reminded me of Conjuring last year, where it starts off fairly well designed and the further you go in, it just gets more bland (but imo, better designed overall than that maze). Don't know why that's the Six Flags approach, but maybe they have first maze impressions high on their priority list lol. Narrative-wise, the maze feels way too short and is packing in 4 seasons worth of stuff in a very compact space -- I wish they just stuck to one of the seasons. Also, good for them to have a fairly consistent use of trigger scares mixed with roaming scareactors -- I always said whoever of the major theme parks figures this out will be king. Only issue is these guys were clearly not properly trained, but at least it's a HUGE step in the right direction.

Overall, and I know this seems shortsighted to base this on one maze (but let's face it, there's a thousand other CLEAR reasons why I shouldn't trust Fright Fest with my money this year), I won't be attending this year. However, I do look forward to what they can achieve next year as the quality boost in the last 2 years is giant leaps and bounds over what they been doing. If only they could get it together and be prepared on time.

That anyone is even surprised by this is kinda wild to me.

It’s Six Flags.
People give their selves false hope on SFMM, especially FFE.

With that said, SF doesn’t get any pass for this. People should NOT go to this event until the beginning of Oct. It only makes sense to go this early as a content creator. Parking is expensive and their food is trash. It would be hilarious if HOS with 5 mazes is better.