Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I won't even bother talking about the above^ lol

But I will say I watched a Stranger Things walkthrough. Honestly, it looked a lot better than I was expecting. It reminded me of Conjuring last year, where it starts off fairly well designed and the further you go in, it just gets more bland (but imo, better designed overall than that maze). Don't know why that's the Six Flags approach, but maybe they have first maze impressions high on their priority list lol. Narrative-wise, the maze feels way too short and is packing in 4 seasons worth of stuff in a very compact space -- I wish they just stuck to one of the seasons. Also, good for them to have a fairly consistent use of trigger scares mixed with roaming scareactors -- I always said whoever of the major theme parks figures this out will be king. Only issue is these guys were clearly not properly trained, but at least it's a HUGE step in the right direction.

Overall, and I know this seems shortsighted to base this on one maze (but let's face it, there's a thousand other CLEAR reasons why I shouldn't trust Fright Fest with my money this year), I won't be attending this year. However, I do look forward to what they can achieve next year as the quality boost in the last 2 years is giant leaps and bounds over what they been doing. If only they could get it together and be prepared on time.

Reactions: TableYe
That anyone is even surprised by this is kinda wild to me.

It’s Six Flags.
People give their selves false hope on SFMM, especially FFE.

With that said, SF doesn’t get any pass for this. People should NOT go to this event until the beginning of Oct. It only makes sense to go this early as a content creator. Parking is expensive and their food is trash. It would be hilarious if HOS with 5 mazes is better.

My understanding from a friend who went is that they didn't do a hard close and Fright Fest tickets were good to get in during the day. I'm going on Friday, so I'll definitely be taking advantage of the day admission to get some rides in. When I initially bought an FF ticket, I think it was pretty clear it didn't include day admission, and it seems to have changed since then.

I think they did a good job damaging the brand on the weekend (appreciate the people trying to implement the event who possibly weren't given time/resources). I've never been to FF, and if there's a similar standard this weekend, I'll just never go back.

The GP will get over it. And even IF everything was available, a good chunk would've missed half of it anyway. They'll be just fine.

It's no different from a new ride opening at Universal or Disney. If it goes down or ends up being down most/all day.. oh well. It sucks, but doesn't mean the world needs to end over it.
It is very different than a new ride opening and having to go down. We’re talking a handful of mazes not operational on day one, not because of technical difficulties, but from stretching themselves thin with their ambitions compared to their resources.

Sure most in the GP won’t be able to hit all the mazes, but the flip side of that is a lot of folks may have purchased the ticket to see the mazes that still aren’t ready.

Except this is very much a reason for a maze to be down or delayed, especially if it is effects heavy- like Conjuring.

Let's not pretend that HHN doesn't see the same technical issues with their houses at times.
I don’t think I’m pretending they don’t, but the houses are still open with some things not working. I’m talking about ride systems that are bound to go down, like ROTR, that have really complicated computer and tracking systems where if one part fails, the whole attraction will need to close. It’s more expected for a ride, not a haunted house.

And again, we are talking about multiple houses that aren’t even ready yet with completed scenic. That’s not due to technical difficulties.

I want them to succeed when everything is up and running. My point is merely that this is a bad look for the opening of their rebranded event with blue chip IPs.

Edit: I wasn’t even comparing to HHN, honestly. I’m just gauging what I’m seeing at FF on its own.

Last edited:

Ah yes, just when I gave FF a tiny bit of credit for putting on a semi decent Stranger Things maze, I see this.

That's the Fright Fest I know lmfao chain link fences, tarp, random paths that make you zig zag through a room for no reason over and over again, no rhyme or reason to the sound design or even the lighting, 5 scareactors the entire maze, the cheapest effects literally ever.

Big old yikes. That's shocking for an IP. I'm amazed Netflix is fine with that quality.

Yeah, I just got back HHN a third time

No way in hell anything runs as smoothly at this event
I have no idea why some choose, and I mean choose to defend this when right now spending 100 bucks for most people is a huge amount of money.
Yes one house at HHN is fully ready, how the hell is that even comparable to this event? Even the said house bloodlines had better sets then anything I see at this evebt

there is no defending this, I’m not upset at the TMs and actors doubt there best but this event doesn’t have much to gloat about

I’m going in with low expectations but don’t think They will even be met. Also a guess Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, doesn’t have standards any more. You can say this is six flags but they had a merger, what was the point of your just going to manage the lark the same way as before the merger?

My hope is this blows up in their face and whoever manages Knotts is forced to take over next year, which will hopefully result in a killer year.

Reactions: chris.g
Question - Will we need to still buy a day pass? Cause I read on here some people got a way with just using haunted attraction pass.