Six Flags Great Adventure | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Great Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In today's earnings call they mentioned increased spending at Great Adventure for next season as the park celebrates its 50th, and confirmed a new coaster is coming. The way it was stated it sounds like they got a deal on a coaster that had been designed for another park and was cancelled...

Reactions: kristenabelle
In today's earnings call they mentioned increased spending at Great Adventure for next season as the park celebrates its 50th, and confirmed a new coaster is coming. The way it was stated it sounds like they got a deal on a coaster that had been designed for another park and was cancelled...
Is there any speculation as to what type of coaster?

There is some speculation that when BGW cancelled/delayed their launched "Dragon Spyre" Intamin coaster, that Six Flags may have been offered it at a discount...

I personally don't see it happening since that was designed to use BGW's unique terrain.

Maybe a project that was slated for China and cancelled? Or something they had planned for one of the Cedar Fair parks like Knott's? Any park that's relatively flat could be a candidate...

I personally don't see it happening since that was designed to use BGW's unique terrain.

Maybe a project that was slated for China and cancelled? Or something they had planned for one of the Cedar Fair parks like Knott's? Any park that's relatively flat could be a candidate...

I definitely hope that's the case, since quite frankly the whole Drachen Spire concept feels like a waste for any major park.

Thinking similar to @GAcoaster but not in the sense of Drachen Spire.

I'm thinking the once planned Circuit Breaker from COTALand.

Now this idea on the other hand, if Great Adventure were to land the tilt coaster? I think this would be a better deal by far, and it's one that I would plan a trip for if they announce it.

They don't care about capacity if it sells more FlashPass.

I REALLY hope it's not that, or if it is that it will have the ability to load a train while the other is running.

I know Vekoma has gotten better over time but I still think of them as rough, poorly made rides.