Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Great Adventure

May 8, 2010
Gainesville, FL
New for 2018: CYBORG Cyber Spin!
SFGAd New 2018 | Six Flags Great Adventure

JACKSON, N.J. — August 31, 2017 — Six Flags Great Adventure, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced that it will premiere the world’s first thrill ride themed to the DC Super Hero CYBORG in 2018. Inspired by the movement of a gyroscope, CYBORG Cyber Spin will deliver an unrelenting and intense anti-gravity experience as it whirls guests on three axes high above the ground.

“Six Flags leads the industry in thrill ride innovation; it is part of our DNA,” said Park President Neal Thurman. “Six Flags Great Adventure is home to an unparalleled collection of record-breaking attractions and we are excited to be adding CYBORG Cyber Spin, the first of its kind in North America. Like the Super Hero CYBORG of the JUSTICE LEAGUE, this futuristic, hi-tech ride will be unlike anything our guests have ever seen or experienced before and it is the perfect new thrill ride to expand our new Metropolis section.”

CYBORG Cyber Spin features a unique futuristic triple box design that allows the gondola to spin around three separate axes while rotating forward, backwards and sideways simultaneously at up to 70 feet in the air for intense and continuous movement. Seated 24 across with over-the-shoulder harnesses, riders will experience a thrilling combination of negative and positive gravitational forces. By night—this bold, new attraction promises to light up the New Jersey skies beckoning thrill seekers from near and far.

CYBORG Cyber Spin highlights include:

· Unpredictable flips and pivots at heights up to seven stories (70 feet) above the ground;
· Floorless seats that leave riders’ feet dangling as they whirl through the air;
· Dazzling nighttime light display; and
· Located in Metropolis adjacent to JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis.

CYBORG Cyber Spin is expected to debut in late spring of 2018.

cyborgcyberspin1.JPG
cyborgcyberspin1.JPG

Attachments

• cyborgcyberspin2.JPG
    cyborgcyberspin2.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Rode Cyborg for the first time today (twice) and really enjoyed it! Definitely a different experience than the Twister, and not as nauseating, imo. It rotates slow enough that I don't feel sick (but I did get a little dizzy lol).

Justice League could be in better shape. They finally fixed the smoke at the start and had on-board lighting I'd never seen before, but a bunch of major effects weren't working.

Park was the quietest I've seen it in a while; never waited more than 5 minutes for anything.

Walking around the park today, I was once again struck by the fact that the park has so much potential. But lack of care, money, and staffing is always holding it back. And for pete's sake can we do anything about six flags entertainment? It's its own brand of unwatchable :lol:

People seem to love or hate Cyborg, but it also seems to run inconsistent ride cycles, with some people getting a "wild" ride and others getting a "mild" one.

They posted this teaser for next year:
"New Attraction Announcement – August 30

Stay tuned as Six Flags Great Adventure announces a thrilling, super-sized attraction for 2019 via its website and social media at 5 a.m. Video, photos and a press release will showcase all of the exciting details of this new project, slated to open late Spring 2019."

Sounds to me like they're getting a larger version of the thing SFMM just got... :shrug:

People seem to love or hate Cyborg, but it also seems to run inconsistent ride cycles, with some people getting a "wild" ride and others getting a "mild" one.

They posted this teaser for next year:
"New Attraction Announcement – August 30

Stay tuned as Six Flags Great Adventure announces a thrilling, super-sized attraction for 2019 via its website and social media at 5 a.m. Video, photos and a press release will showcase all of the exciting details of this new project, slated to open late Spring 2019."

Sounds to me like they're getting a larger version of the thing SFMM just got... :shrug:

Interesting. The two cycles I had today seemed consistent, but I sat at 2 very different spots in the row, so the experience was definitely different, just not necessarily more or less intense. Even my mom enjoyed herself, though she doesn't like Twister or the Joker.

If it is a Crazanity clone (god I hate that name lol), I expect it to be the same height so they can share the record. They did the same thing with Lex Luthor/Zumanjaro. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what we're getting, just curious as to where they'd put it. Maybe down on the lakefront where the grandstands use to be?

Anyway, I'm just waiting for our RMC. I swear every other park is getting one before we do, and having El Toro is no excuse to deprive us :lol:.

I actually got to ride it twice about 3 weeks ago. I have no idea what cycle it was on. I found it fun, but relatively mild. It's more of a visual spectacle (even when you're on it) rather than a physical one.

It reminded me of a very, very mild and much slower Tango. Emphasis on the mild, mild, and slow. And not as high up, either, of course.

I just found out that once again Six Flags Great Adventure has broken a record. This time it's highest parking fee of any theme park (again). They had been charging $25 for parking and $35 for preferred parking.

As of last weekend it was raised to $30 for general and $50 for preferred.

And, keep in mind this is in a parking lot that has't been fully paved in years and offers no tram service.

and here in Pittsburgh, three quarters of Kennywood's parking lot is FREE. The quarter of the lot that's preferred parking is $7, and FREE after 5:00.

Vertical launch like their new full circuit shuttle coaster? Regardless, that sounds like a mighty big footprint. Rolling Thunder’s old area is the only plot significant enough for a big coaster, I think. Next up would be the waterfront, but that would require a lot of additional work.

I’m still so surprised GA hasn’t gotten an RMC yet. It’s one of SF’s biggest parks and it seems to be getting everything last.

Vertical launch like their new full circuit shuttle coaster? Regardless, that sounds like a mighty big footprint. Rolling Thunder’s old area is the only plot significant enough for a big coaster, I think. Next up would be the waterfront, but that would require a lot of additional work.

I’m still so surprised GA hasn’t gotten an RMC yet. It’s one of SF’s biggest parks and it seems to be getting everything last.
There's a large plot at SFGAdv that's been getting markings in the old Wiggles World/Looney Tunes SeaPort area as well...

I think it's unfortunately because, at least in terms of the New York metro area, they're the only game in town. Hershey and Knobels are too far for a day trip, Dorney Park feels like its completely given up, and parks like Luna Park, Rye Playland, and Adventureland are neat but not major draws/all day parks. Unlike California where Magic Mountain actually has to compete, Great Adventure can coast with only small additions.

I held a season pass for a couple of years, but with no major additions and how expensive such an ugly-looking park could be, I recently dropped it. Awesome to hear these rumors about an Intamin launch coaster. Hopefully its enough to get me interested again.

With new coasters coming in at American Dream (Meadowlands) they have new competition. Add to that a new Legoland in New York, new coaster at Hershey, there's a bunch of new competition Great Adventure is facing in 2020. They need to up their capex to counter those things. Hershey is a bit of a hike, but very definitely competes for much of the same market at Great Adventure.

It's actually hilarious how little they care about this park. Wonder Woman their new for 2019 ride was open for all about two weeks before blowing out its motor. Now it's been closed for a month with not a single word from Six Flags about the situation. They seem to think they are untouchable in this region so they don't even bother building new major rides, refurbishing the infrastructure, getting better food options, or god forbid fixing their broken rides. Hopefully the new Meadowlands complex and Hershey's 2020 expansion will be enough to convince Six Flags that this is not the case and that people will start traveling elsewhere if things do not improve.

On top of this, it is definitely hard to justify going nowadays if you don't have a season pass. The park has just gotten so expensive and the only rides really worth riding for most people are El Toro, Kingda Ka, and Nitro. It truly is a shame man.

The August media update just came out with this:

"2020 New Attraction Announcement – August 29

Stay tuned as Six Flags Great Adventure announces its highly-anticipated new attraction for 2020. After months of rumor and speculation, the legendary and monstrous details will be revealed at 5 a.m. via its website and social media. The world record-breaking project is slated to open next summer."

So:
  • "Legendary"
  • "Monstrous"
  • "World record-breaking"
Let the speculation begin...

Dueling Raptor, Six Flags style:

dHARRHi.jpg

:lol: