Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Love that idea on the flat rides, but I don't know if a Troika would fit in the Pistachio Park space. It could fit in the Tidal Wave Space. Nebulas could probably fit in the Pistachio Park space, but I feel like that ride would have too low a through put. I'd even be happy with just a Tilt a Whirl (which the park had for many years in various locations).

Speaking of, I heard there were plans for the Pistachio Park location but was never told what happened to them. Anyone know if there's any truth to this? This was around the time WCR was being rumored.

I'm not sure about during WCR times, but during WW:FOC construction, there was a rumor The Flash/Musik Express would be moved there. Apparently that plan was scrapped, and it's now being decided if it'll be moved to another park or just scrapped.

As much as SFMM does need flats, even I have to concede, that particular model was 40+ years old. It likely is or was near the end of it's usable life.

Then again, so is the Turbo Spin/Electric Rainbow/Round Up... but I also suppose it doesn't have any many moving parts to maintain.

I would assume the Pistachio Park site is already rigged up with electrical... it did run the Swiss Twist/Bayren Kurve for many years. It really should be used for some sort of flat ride.

Pistachio Park was going to be many things. It was originally going to be a beer garden before the placement changed. Then it was going to be a character meet and greet, and that was canceled. Then a Covid mask off resting spot, but the park wasn't allowed to open so that never happened.

As of now they still haven't settled on what to do with it.

In another pipe dream, I'd love to see a flat ride show up in the unused lower Dragon station by Jet Stream. Tilt a whirl, teacup ride, or Wipeout/Freestyle (even better if enclosed, like WoF or SFNE) would be cool in there.

But I also figure that by this point, it probably isn't structurally sound enough to place a ride in there.

I was just in Six Flags Over Texas, and they had one of these as well. While I'm not even a huge cheetos fan, I had to admit it would probably be good on popcorn. The one in SFOT had a similar look, so this isn't surprising.

Anyone think WW was a wrong choice for this park? Yes it’s a fun coaster and people enjoy it but… it hasn’t really drawn the big lines and attendance I’m sure the park was banking on. Could be too early to tell but it’s the last few weeks of summer, one the busiest times of the year, and I see little to no wait for this thing. Could it be the fast ops? Or the coaster is just mid-tier compared to other elite coasters in the park.

Reportedly this has very little to do with Wonder Woman, as attendance is down this summer all over the chain. Gas prices, inflation and hot weather will likely be blamed by Six Flags, but I think they will spin this during their Q2 conference call as a transition to the new season plan structure. Personally, I think they've confused their guests with these changes so quickly, so people are just not going right now.

The people that go every year are still going. However, the chain isn't attracting any new guests, and they certainly aren't convincing people who have been burned by the chain to return.

The entire SF brand needs a face-lift. We've been told its in the works, but in the meantime, people would still rather go to Universal. Expect to see shorter hours, layoffs, payroll cuts, large projects/events cancelled and possibly an underperforming park sold off.

Last edited:
Reactions: chris.g and Freak
Reportedly this has very little to do with Wonder Woman, as attendance is down this summer all over the chain. Gas prices, inflation and hot weather will likely be blamed by Six Flags, but I think they will spin this during their Q2 conference call as a transition to the new season plan structure. Personally, I think they've confused their guests with these changes so quickly, so people are just not going right now.

The people that go every year are still going. However, the chain isn't attracting any new guests, and they certainly aren't convincing people who have been burned by the chain to return.

The entire SF brand needs a face-lift. We've been told its in the works, but in the meantime, people would still rather go to Universal. Expect to see shorter hours, layoffs, payroll cuts, large projects/events cancelled and possibly an underperforming park sold off.
I haven't been since I was a pass holder in 2018, nothing compels me to go back except seeing the newer coasters and even that is tenuous because of their park ops.

Reactions: Clive
I actually feel the park ops are much, much improved. If there's ever a slowdown in ops, 90% of the time it's the guests, not the ops. And even on slow, off season weekdays, they frequently run 2 trains on most rides.

Is there still work to be done? Sure. But I've been enjoying SFMM way more lately.

Reactions: JS610
I haven't been back since 2017. No real desire to return, but my friends have been asking me lately, so maybe one day in the winter when it's not as hot and less crowded. My periods of not going are getting larger and larger. 5 years is kind of a long time when before that, I went every 2 years, and in the 00s, I went every year and even had a pass I want to say in 00 or 01 (the year Goliath opened).

I agree but also six flags needs to up itsgame more and get some dark rides or E tickets that aren’t just none themed coasters for me to want to pay more