Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Viper and Scream are the two coasters that I would have no problem with leaving whatsoever. I know this wouldn't fly with the GP but they could replace Scream with literally nothing and I wouldn't bat an eye. I always thought the best compromise would have Scream and Riddler switch trains.

An ideal replacement for Viper would be something like what Thorpe Park is building with Project Exodus. Something along those lines would be something I think SFMM could realistically build if it got manufactured by Vekoma.
Why would it need to be manufactured by Vekoma? Why couldn't they go with Mack?

If the app (and the official SFMM IG account) are to be believed, Roaring Rapids opened back up today.

I was in the park all morning, and it was closed up until 1pm. But that said, I noticed a lot of brand new signage, and saw staff working up at the ride load. And all morning, the app said the ride was closed. Then, when I left the park, 30 minutes later, it said it was open and listed a wait time (1 minute... I suspect it had literally just opened, lol)... so while I didn't witness it personally, I believe it to be true.

If the app (and the official SFMM IG account) are to be believed, Roaring Rapids opened back up today.

I was in the park all morning, and it was closed up until 1pm. But that said, I noticed a lot of brand new signage, and saw staff working up at the ride load. And all morning, the app said the ride was closed. Then, when I left the park, 30 minutes later, it said it was open and listed a wait time (1 minute... I suspect it had literally just opened, lol)... so while I didn't witness it personally, I believe it to be true.
now up to 60 minutes, tied for the longest wait in the park, according to the app. and that's on a (relatively) mild day, weather-wise by Santa Clarita standards.

The area that flat ride used to reside on has been turned into essentially nothing, just temporary seating and a snack cart. But there's other speculation it might be moved to the former splash down area of Tidal Wave, since that's just dirt last I checked

Reactions: chris.g
The area that flat ride used to reside on has been turned into essentially nothing, just temporary seating and a snack cart. But there's other speculation it might be moved to the former splash down area of Tidal Wave, since that's just dirt last I checked
That’s a healthy chunk of space there. They should use that space for a bigger flat ride like an Endeavor.

Reactions: Rideguy70
I agree, save that space for an Endeavor.

I remember ages ago there was a rumor The Flash/Musik Expresswas going to be moved into he old Swiss Twist/Pistachio Park area. That or it’s old space would be better than the Tidal Wave space, so as Freak mentioned above, a bigger ride could be moved in later.

Sky tower is likely to never happen. They’ve tried several times and it’s just not financially feasible with current operating requirements.

Last edited:

Everyone losing their minds:lmao:. I’d rather them fix the Sky Tower first.

Uh. What!?

If this was intended as a joke, that’s a massive oof.
Sky tower is likely to never happen. They’ve tried several times and it’s just not financially feasible with current operating requirements.
I thought they told an enthusiast event they were looking at quotes to fix it?

Uh. What!?

If this was intended as a joke, that’s a massive oof.

I thought they told an enthusiast event they were looking at quotes to fix it?

At this point, SFMM can’t even keep the Magic Mover running . The investment to fix it, get it up to code, and then staff it? There’s a bigger chance of a Giga lmao

But they'll keep trying, every year it's attempted, and every year it's shot down. Maybe one of these times...

Last edited:
Reactions: chris.g and Clive
At this point, SFMM can’t even keep the Magic Mover running . The investment to fix it, get it up to code, and then staff it? There’s a bigger chance of a Giga lmao

But they'll keep trying, every year it's attempted, and every year it's shot down. Maybe one of these times...
Longshot here but maybe when they evaluated the cost of fixing the Sky Tower and running it, they realized that building a Giga wouldn’t cost that much more so they decided to go with that instead? I will laugh if that’s what they’re saying here.

Reactions: Ron101