Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 169 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah sorry, I've been burned way too many times by SFMM to expect such a stunning turn around.

SFFM's idea of a Giga would be the world's tallest vertical loop, followed by half a layout.

I'd love to be wrong
I feel like a SFMM giga would probably be a lift, drop, turnaround, airtimehill with a brake run on the drop. Even then I feel like that would break the bank for them. LOL

I seriously doubt SFMM is in the position to build a legit Giga, but if they actually do it, I will eat my hat.

Reactions: Clive and chris.g
SFMM won't build a giga. Period. They fired the last guy who had a vision for a new state of the art rollercoaster for the park, lol.

I wouldn't go so far as to say SFMM will never build a Giga, as it is the one type that is missing from their line up. Also there is no Giga on the west coast and it's the one type no other park here can logically build, meaning SFMM would have bragging right pretty much indefinitely.

I just don't see the chain as being in financial shape right now to afford one, unless they've managed to find a third party investor/subsidiser ala Energylandia.

All this talk about a new coaster & other randomness, but nobody has mentioned the NEW summer food festival that started this past friday!!!

View attachment 19089

Friday-Sunday / June 23rd-Aug 13th

Here's the link to the menu, I was too lazy to copy/paste.. the food, desserts & drinks sound good
https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/events/flavors-of-the-world
No one brought up the food festival because food festivals and Six Flags go together like ranch and Oreos. They don’t.

But hey, maybe the food will be okay. Not anxious to try out festival food at SF when it might be horrifically overpriced for something just okay.

They've run 2 food festivals already this year, and neither made any dent. I didn't try a single item. But this one is the first that actually has dedicated booths. Maybe I'll check it out this weekend, since they are starting July 4th festivities early. They're also starting a Gaming fest on July 1. I don’t play video games so not for me, but I'm interested to see if that generates any buzz

No one brought up the food festival because food festivals and Six Flags go together like ranch and Oreos. They don’t.

But hey, maybe the food will be okay. Not anxious to try out festival food at SF when it might be horrifically overpriced for something just okay.
The same food festival has been launching at other SF parks and has had good reviews so far. I'm not sure how much is decided by corporate and how much is park to park, but so far the feedback I've seen for Great Adventure has been positive (in fact some of the only positive news out of that park this season).

I've actually tried a number of items from their other food festivals, and most of the time I was pleasantly surprised. And the portions were generally good sized, not like DCA overpriced and tiny. So I'm looking forward to this!

It was often a pain to stand in the same food booths as other people ordering regular food, whose lines move abysmally as it is. So having dedicated booths should be a step up... I'm suspect the lines will still be slow, but now at least I don't have to wait for a family of five who are just getting burger combos.

Last edited:
Going back to the giga Twitter post....here me out:

What if SFMM got a killer deal on a Premier Rides giga? Sounds like something SFMM would do right?

I'm not being really serious here but I could totally see SFMM trying to pull a stunt like this. Just imagine a 300+ PR giga with comfort collars. LOL

^ I'm fairly certain Premier Rides left with that Reid- Anderson guy. He was the one with the close relationship to them.

I honestly think that Twitter post was thrown out there to gage interest and get feedback on a possible future addition.

The new guy seems to be in with Skyline attractions. Lord help us if we wind up with a Giga from those guys lmao!

Reactions: chris.g