Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 203 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I will say that pre-apocalypse, their "Holiday in the Park" food festival offerings were actually surprisingly good those first 2-3 years. Not everything, but maybe more than half.

It'd be nice if the regular park food was given as much effort as the food festival offerings lol
Yeah, to be fair I haven't eaten a meal at Magic Mountain for the better part of a decade. I had a season pass in 2021-22 with Flash Pass and did my best to get everything done before 1 p.m. so I could leave hungry, but happy.

But in all seriousness, I do think it would be cool for a park like Magic Mountain to team up with local breweries to do some kind of craft beer festival. Anything SFMM can do to solidify it as a community park is a win, in my opinion.

Poor Viper & Riddler.. They're both old, like it rough, & nobody appreciates them. *sigh*

Careful how you speak of Ninja. It'll make sure you hit a tree
Unfortunately I never got to ride Ninja last time I visited! I want to go back and ride it sooner than later.

Along with Viper, and Twisted Colossus, and Tatsu, and West Coast Racers, and Superman, and Batman, and every other ride that happened to be closed on my only visit :sob: at least X2 was open lol

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69
When I planned my trip to SFMM years ago I went knowing it was a coaster park and have always thought of it as such, and that was as far back as 2002 when X2 was X. It's a shame it sounds like the park's taken a dip since (I mean it has been over 20 years lol); hopefully the events can help the coasters get some TLC and the merger really does mean a better park.

I've never gotten the impression it was geared towards younger families or that was something they were aiming for though. I still think of this park as a coaster park alongside Cedar Point, which I've never been I should note but still view it that way from the outside.

Side thought about X: It's stupid but I always thought the original trains looked way too heavy to be hanging upside down and move that fast and the use of a double track only confirmed my fear haha. I like the new trains for X2.

Might as well bring back DejaVu
No! That's the first ride I've ever gotten off and felt completely nauseous probably because riding on the outside seats staring straight down at the drop did not settle with me at all, and I wasn't bothered by Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens. I didn't realize it was taken down in 2011 and you know what? I don't miss it. :D

Poor Viper & Riddler.. They're both old, like it rough, & nobody appreciates them. *sigh*
I enjoyed Riddler but Viper hurt back then too.

When I planned my trip to SFMM years ago I went knowing it was a coaster park and have always thought of it as such, and that was as far back as 2002 when X2 was X. It's a shame it sounds like the park's taken a dip since (I mean it has been over 20 years lol); hopefully the events can help the coasters get some TLC and the merger really does mean a better park.

I've never gotten the impression it was geared towards younger families or that was something they were aiming for though. I still think of this park as a coaster park alongside Cedar Point, which I've never been I should note but still view it that way from the outside.

Side thought about X: It's stupid but I always thought the original trains looked way too heavy to be hanging upside down and move that fast and the use of a double track only confirmed my fear haha. I like the new trains for X2.

No! That's the first ride I've ever gotten off and felt completely nauseous probably because riding on the outside seats staring straight down at the drop did not settle with me at all, and I wasn't bothered by Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens. I didn't realize it was taken down in 2011 and you know what? I don't miss it. :D

I enjoyed Riddler but Viper hurt back then too.
It's definitely a coaster park. I'll never be mad at them adding a coaster, it's like being mad at Disney for adding a dark ride. It would be nice if they could keep their coasters open though.

Seriously, back in 2022 I only got on four coasters. Four. X2, Full Throttle, Revolution, and Riddlers Revenge. Everything else was either closed (Viper, West Coast Racers, Ninja, Batman, Tatsu, Scream, Twisted Colossus, Superman) or had way too long a line to bother (Apocalypse, Goliath, I believe there's a mine train?). There wasn't any signs or reasons given either. I heard it's gotten better since, but Six Flags has got to be better than that.

Cedar Point, which I've never been I should note but still view it that way from the outside.
Goooo go now! ...well actually, go back in time first to experience some great stuff that is now sadly gone lol

I didn't realize it was taken down in 2011 and you know what? I don't miss it. :D
Well.... technically... part of DejaVu still exists lol.. specifically the former queue & the 2 support towers. Their outdoor haunt "Aftermath: Chaos Rising" is located around the area the coaster sat. There are other past ride signs/show props found within too.

Far fewer coasters have been closed in my last few visits. Still don't think I've ever seen all 20 coasters operating simultaneously though. I also tried the Flavors of the World event last year, and the food was actually half decent. My biggest complaint was the lack of live entertainment. Only a few performances on Saturday and Sunday afternoon

Reactions: Rideguy70
We were told several months ago that the park’s operating and maintenance budgets would increase this year, and it looks like it’s gone into effect. Less closed rides, multiple projects going on including two more bathrooms about to be constructed/refurbished.

I hope they are able to keep up this pace through the summer. The park’s reputation is really hurting the bottom line now.

It's definitely a coaster park. I'll never be mad at them adding a coaster, it's like being mad at Disney for adding a dark ride. It would be nice if they could keep their coasters open though.

Seriously, back in 2022 I only got on four coasters. Four. X2, Full Throttle, Revolution, and Riddlers Revenge. Everything else was either closed (Viper, West Coast Racers, Ninja, Batman, Tatsu, Scream, Twisted Colossus, Superman) or had way too long a line to bother (Apocalypse, Goliath, I believe there's a mine train?). There wasn't any signs or reasons given either. I heard it's gotten better since, but Six Flags has got to be better than that.
I didn't do Goliath and that's one coaster I feel I should have done looking back. It was between that and X when the park was about to close.

I know on my trip I spent a lot of time waiting but I can't recall if it was because of slow ops or it was crowded. Maybe things haven't changed much all this time haha.

Goooo go now! ...well actually, go back in time first to experience some great stuff that is now sadly gone lol
Thank you, I've been waiting around for the best use of a time machine and here it is. :lol:

Well.... technically... part of DejaVu still exists lol.. specifically the former queue & the 2 support towers. Their outdoor haunt "Aftermath: Chaos Rising" is located around the area the coaster sat. There are other past ride signs/show props found within too.
I shall dance on its grave. :ghost: Really though I liked the ride it's just my body didn't. lol

Far fewer coasters have been closed in my last few visits. Still don't think I've ever seen all 20 coasters operating simultaneously though.
"Now all rides open! Yes, at at the same time!" sounds like an awesome advertising campaign if they can do it.

Yeah, the coasters have definitely been a slot machine of late, with a lot flat out closed. But I concur that as of very recently, it's improving. most rides are open now... but also many with single train ops. Better than being flat out closed, I suppose, but that's the next step they need to take for sure.

And I did last year's Flavors of the World Festival, and like any food festival, there were some clunkers, some "meh", and some surprisingly good. And generally, the booths don't have too much of a wait. Overall, I found it to be a pleasant experience.

We were told several months ago that the park’s operating and maintenance budgets would increase this year, and it looks like it’s gone into effect. Less closed rides, multiple projects going on including two more bathrooms about to be constructed/refurbished.

I hope they are able to keep up this pace through the summer. The park’s reputation is really hurting the bottom line now.
Yeah I actually got very excited when i saw the permits for The twisted colossus bathrooms and what I assume seem to be the former flash bathrooms

Yeah I actually got very excited when i saw the permits for The twisted colossus bathrooms and what I assume seem to be the former flash bathrooms
Three sets of permits. One is to build the restrooms near where flash was, one for the Colossus restrooms, and I believe the third one is for the ones at the top of the hill by Superman.

Didn't know there were permits for the bathrooms near TC... but that's pretty long overdue. What modern bathroom in a theme park (aside from single occupancy or family) has a single urinal in the men's room?

I figure they were just trying to making things fit into an existing building. But still.

I really hope they get around to the bathrooms and building by the main entrance, behind the funnel cakes. Those aren't much better, and get so much more traffic. Honestly, I wouldn't be sad if they demoed the whole thing and rebuild it from the ground up.

Correcting my post. Only one permit for the TC restrooms. Expanding them also to make th
Didn't know there were permits for the bathrooms near TC... but that's pretty long overdue. What modern bathroom in a theme park (aside from single occupancy or family) has a single urinal in the men's room?

I figure they were just trying to making things fit into an existing building. But still.

I really hope they get around to the bathrooms and building by the main entrance, behind the funnel cakes. Those aren't much better, and get so much more traffic. Honestly, I wouldn't be sad if they demoed the whole thing and rebuild it from the ground up.
Have to correct my post. The TC restrooms are the only permit for demolition AND to expand them from what I can read on the permit.