Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The real winner is Six Flags Great Adventure. They got the coaster SFMM should have gotten. Not a lame family coaster.

The real winner is Six Flags Great Adventure. They got the coaster SFMM should have gotten. Not a lame family coaster.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

With Great America, it seems like a cool coaster; but it just feels more..shall we say, "oh look, a prototype to something that can be fleshed out further".

This, looks like them looking to what worked and didn't for Twisted in a layout, and to make it as something completely with steel.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

With Great America, it seems like a cool coaster; but it just feels more..shall we say, "oh look, a prototype to something that can be fleshed out further".

This, looks like them looking to what worked and didn't for Twisted in a layout, and to make it as something completely with steel.

Agree to disagree. Though I'm glad you're excited for this ride.

Remember what I said? Of all the coasters coming, the only thing I would be disappointed would be a family coaster. So at least I'm consistent.

This ride is basically training wheels for Twisted Colussus & Full Throttle.

Plus Great America’s coaster is only half a coaster

I think that way of thinking has it's own distinct and varied flaws.

A coaster, will be a coaster. However, it's what the companies and parks do, to make it different and unique; to let it stand out as something that can be on it's own level.

Maxx Force to me, seems like the lesser of the two. It's very unique in it's own right though, as the first real Air Launch coaster in the US since I think Powder Keg from Silver Dollar (I also love the slight Banana Roll that this coaster has). But what MF lacks, is length.

My issue with that coaster, lies in that I think it's embarrassingly short, and they could've made some changes to make it a longer coaster. However, I do think WCR does lie a very..interesting dilemma I see.

I am really nervous for the brakes, of the pre-second, and before Unload. I think they are really short for what they are, and it leads me very concerned for a potential accident.

Reactions: Rideguy70
I was at someone's house for some event, and sneaked off to the bathroom just to watch the announcement. That's how anxious I was for the announcement. Haha

But as for the ride itself....I like it! Probably not going to be a "book flights to LA now" top 10 coaster, but it looks like a solid addition for SFMM. It strikes me as diet Maverick with some Twisted Colossus mixed in. I went into this announcement hoping for the best but expecting the worst, and I'm not disappointed. I feel like it's slightly overhyped, but whatever. I ended up complaining about FT when it was announced and ended up loving that ride despite it not making my top 10 list. Fun looking ride, descent theming for SF standards, and *gasp* THERE ARE ACTUALLY TREES IN THE CONCEPT. Let's see if they stick to it.

A few qualms though: First off, VEST RESTRAINTS!? Ewwwwwww. Second, it's a little short. I would've preferred a single track with longer ride. SFMM never seems to learn from their past failures with dueling rides.

I love all of the whining and complaining from the SFMM fanboys. They're like Star Wars fans. They complain about everything if they don't get what they want. I'll enjoy this while they don't understand you don't need a 200ft.+ coaster to make a great ride. IDK about you guys, but this looks more promising than Maxx Force. Nothing really strikes me with that concept.

Can't wait for West Coast Racers next year! Thank God it's not a family coaster. THAT was a scare.

I was at someone's house for some event, and sneaked off to the bathroom just to watch the announcement. That's how anxious I was for the announcement. Haha

But as for the ride itself....I like it! Probably not going to be a "book flights to LA now" top 10 coaster, but it looks like a solid addition for SFMM. It strikes me as diet Maverick with some Twisted Colossus mixed in. I went into this announcement hoping for the best but expecting the worst, and I'm not disappointed. I feel like it's slightly overhyped, but whatever. I ended up complaining about FT when it was announced and ended up loving that ride despite it not making my top 10 list. Fun looking ride, descent theming for SF standards, and *gasp* THERE ARE ACTUALLY TREES IN THE CONCEPT. Let's see if they stick to it.

A few qualms though: First off, VEST RESTRAINTS!? Ewwwwwww. Second, it's a little short. I would've preferred a single track with longer ride. SFMM never seems to learn from their past failures with dueling rides.

I love all of the whining and complaining from the SFMM fanboys. They're like Star Wars fans. They complain about everything if they don't get what they want. I'll enjoy this while they don't understand you don't need a 200ft.+ coaster to make a great ride. IDK about you guys, but this looks more promising than Maxx Force. Nothing really strikes me with that concept.

Can't wait for West Coast Racers next year! Thank God it's not a family coaster. THAT was a scare.

I know you're throwing shade at me dude, but I don't think it's really necessary.

Just because some people are disappointed, including myself, doesn't make us fanboys.

I'm sure the park will increase their attendance and revenue with this addition, which is all that really matters.

I know you're throwing shade at me dude, but I don't think it's really necessary.

Just because some people are disappointed, including myself, doesn't make us fanboys.

I'm sure the park will increase their attendance and revenue with this addition, which is all that really matters.
Just like how I'm labeled a Cedar Point fanboy just because I prefer that park more than SFMM? :)

If you're disappointed, that's fine. But to be fair, you have thrown quite a bit of shade as well. ;)

It actually is a single track. It's mobius like TC. You ride through twice. If you watch the video, you will see the blue train starts on white track (right station side) for the first lap. It then returns to the station on the left side (yellow track) which is like a "pit stop" and races the next train.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dhdhddh
It actually is a single track. It's mobius like TC.
Oh wow, I didn't realize that. It looked like the same station. That makes it even better then.Maybe they'll actually stay dueling!

I'm really excited to this. Although apparently not as good, it looks like this should be our answer to Maverick.

Considering I was half expecting a Vekoma family ride, I'm pretty happy with this. But I can see how other people might be underwelmed. It doesn't reach up and smack you with immediate greatness like Steel Vengeance. This will be more of a...for lack of a better term...a grower.

Not immediately impressive, but I suspect as the coaster goes up, it will look more exciting.

I'm not the biggest Premier Rides fan, but I'm a sucker for a Morbius. As for Maxx Force, it looks great...until you realize they forgot the second half and stiffed Great America fans on airtime

Just like how I'm labeled a Cedar Point fanboy just because I prefer that park more than SFMM? :)

If you're disappointed, that's fine. But to be fair, you have thrown quite a bit of shade as well. ;)

My apologies. After today's announcement, I understand why you prefer Cedar Point.

SFMM has been reduced to adding gimmicky rides like this for the foreseeable future. World's First Quadruple launch coaster? Lol

Six Flags cracked the code on how to get a good ROI without spending Tatsu money.

Considering I was half expecting a Vekoma family ride, I'm pretty happy with this. But I can see how other people might be underwelmed. It doesn't reach up and smack you with immediate greatness like Steel Vengeance. This will be more of a...for lack of a better term...a grower.

Not immediately impressive, but I suspect as the coaster goes up, it will look more exciting.

I'm not the biggest Premier Rides fan, but I'm a sucker for a Morbius. As for Maxx Force, it looks great...until you realize they forgot the second half and stiffed Great America fans on airtime
THIS. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was "eh" on Maxx Force. That launch will be cool, but that's it. It looks underwhelming.

I totally think SFMM got the better bargain. We'll be getting a MUCH longer ride and some great hang and airtime with a couple hairpin turns and heartline rolls.

My apologies. After today's announcement, I understand why you prefer Cedar Point.

SFMM has been reduced to adding gimmicky rides like this for the foreseeable future. World's First Quadruple launch coaster? Lol

Six Flags cracked the code on how to get a good ROI without spending Tatsu money.

I agree with you here. They have cracked that code. But in fairness, Apocalypse and Ninja are the only other rides with this sort of fun in the sun appeal. This does fill a hole . I would have preferred the Raptor, but whatever.
THIS. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was "eh" on Maxx Force. That launch will be cool, but that's it. It looks underwhelming.

I totally think SFMM got the better bargain. We'll be getting a MUCH longer ride and some great hang and airtime with a couple hairpin turns and heartline rolls.

I won't lie, Maxx Force is half a GREAT coaster, but where is the airtime? There is none.

Last edited:

Yup. Honestly, I see Knott's adding a giga or even a descent hyper before SFMM does. I would bet money Superman will be turned into a full circuit launch coaster before they build a Giga. Think about it. It would be the perfect Six Flags storm. They can get S&S, save money by reusing the structure, and bill it as the world's tallest coaster by adding to the existing structure. It could be the first 500ft. coaster.

If you were in marketing and had to choose between that or the Giga, what would you go for?

Last edited:
The more I look at the concept video for WCR, the more I'm disappointed. The ride is basically 30 seconds for the 1st racing portion and 30 seconds for the 2nd racing portion. With how SF operations go, how long are we going to wait for the 2nd race, since we will be dueling with another train?

Also, how long before the trains stop dueling? That's the whole point of the ride, yet SF doesn't have a good track record of doing consistent duels.

Lastly, why add another dueling mobious loop coaster with similar elements to TC?

One thing is for sure. I live 5 hours away from SFMM. No way is this coaster going to motivate me to go to the park. If I were a local, I would probably check it out. Anyways, it doesn't matter. I'm positive the park will increase revenue for the 2o19 fiscal year.

I hate to say it, but after seeing Cedar Point add Steel Vengeance and what SFMM is doing for their "20th coaster," I have to say it.

Cedar Point>SFMM

Also...

Cedar Fair>Six Flags

I just saw the concept video for Yukon Striker. It puts the lame, gimmicky WCR to shame.

Gentleman, here is a real coaster...

Yup. Honestly, I see Knott's adding a giga or even a descent hyper before SFMM does. I would bet money Superman will be turned into a full circuit launch coaster before they build a Giga. Think about it. It would be the perfect Six Flags storm. They can get S&S, save money by reusing the structure, and bill it as the world's tallest coaster by adding to the existing structure. It could be the first 500ft. coaster.

If you were in marketing and had to choose between that or the Giga, what would you go for?

Unfortunately, the days of SFMM adding real coasters to the park is long gone. It's all gimmicks from now on.