Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm assuming you're referring to me. Honestly dude, I'm the furthest thing from an enthusiast. I get annoyed with enthusiasts as well. I love GOLIATH which enthusiasts seem to hate for some reason, They call it a "useless" coaster.

I really like Full Throttle, another ride enthusiasts love to hate. I pretty much enjoy all the coasters at SFMM, except for Green Lantern due to it being a painful experience.

Don't get me wrong. This will be most likely be a fun coaster. It's just not something I'm going to plan a special trip for. Like I said, If I were a local, I would probably check it out.

This is just a watered down version of TC, a redundant choice for the park. A way to get to "20 coasters" without making the necessary capital investment for a full-fledged coaster.

I'm just sad that Six Flags is done with making real coasters anymore. Fortunately, Cedar Fair and other chains will continue to add solid coasters.

I wasn't referring only to you, but enthusiasts in general. What should be a fun day ends up being a bunch of negativity and bitterness. Ugh...

I get that no coaster is everyone's cup of tea, but really, the picking apart of what is really a great addition is baffling.

Looks incredible!

Unfortunately, Six Flags no longer has the desire or capital to invest in fully-realized coasters like this anymore.

Again, fun looking ride, but nothing I haven't seen every other Mack launcher do.

Great to finally have one here in the states, but I wish someone would tell me what makes this one so special, other than that excellent airtime hill. Honestly would take Maxx Force over this.

Something I find amusing regarding the new ride announcements for Six Flags is that they're adding a bunch of frisbees & marketing all of them as the "world's tallest pendulum ride." Lol

They're all the same exact speed and height as Crazanity, so technically they are correct. It's a stroke of genius by Marketing.

Reactions: Ron101
If this was announced at USH and was called, “Fast and Furious: Supercharged”, people would be over the moon.

Agreed. Let's face it. SFMM fans don't want anything other than a Giga, T-REX or something thats going to crack everyone's top 5 for the bragging rights...period...end of story. Anything else will get rejected lol.

Again, I was ready to hate this ride. But there is so much to like here. From the ride itself which looks really fun, to the livening up of that area, to being able to actually capture the action rather than having to do it from the parking lot on TC .

Looks okay at best, probably won't get me back in the park next year, maybe they'll get me in 2020 though haha
But I just generally hate the park, it takes a lot for me to want to go.

Agreed. Let's face it. SFMM fans don't want anything other than a Giga, T-REX or something thats going to crack everyone's top 5 for the bragging rights...period...end of story. Anything else will get rejected lol.

Again, I was ready to hate this ride. But there is so much to like here. From the ride itself which looks really fun, to the livening up of that area, to being able to actually capture the action rather than having to do it from the parking lot on TC .

That's because California & the West Coast in general doesn't have a Giga. So it's very high on people's list in terms of what fans want. Actually, it's probably on the top of the list.

The massive disappointment that you're seeing online from the various sites stems from the fact that this was a milestone coaster so something major was expected. This is the big 2-0. It's funny that Chris G. mentioned that SFMM doesn't care about their coaster count when in reality it's the thing that they market the most. THE MOST ROLLER COASTERS IN THE WORLD. So of course the public was expecting a major coaster.

I think ultimately what's going to kill the experience of this ride is the pit stop. Considering how bad SF operations are, expect a 2-3 minute "pit stop" while you watch a commercial for WC Customs. So it's 30 seconds for the 1st lap. A 2-3 minute pit stop. Then finish the 2nd lap in 30 seconds.

Looks okay at best, probably won't get me back in the park next year, maybe they'll get me in 2020 though haha
But I just generally hate the park, it takes a lot for me to want to go.

Don't worry, you're not the only that feels this way about WCR. Just don't be surprised if you're called a "fanboy" or "enthusiast."

That's because California & the West Coast in general doesn't have a Giga. So it's very high on people's list in terms of what fans want. Actually, it's probably on the top of the list.

The massive disappointment that you're seeing online from the various sites stems from the fact that this was a milestone coaster so something major was expected. This is the big 2-0. It's funny that Chris G. mentioned that SFMM doesn't care about their coaster count when in reality it's the thing that they market the most. THE MOST ROLLER COASTERS IN THE WORLD. So of course the public was expecting a major coaster.

I think ultimately what's going to kill the experience of this ride is the pit stop. Considering how bad SF operations are, expect a 2-3 minute "pit stop" while you watch a commercial for WC Customs. So it's 30 seconds for the 1st lap. A 2-3 minute pit stop. Then finish the 2nd lap in 30 seconds.

I think they definitely care, but their definition of the #20 milestone and ours is going to be different. They have budget and shareholders to adhere to and that's not our worry. It's unfortunate, but they're not playing RCT in sandbox mode, they have a strict cap ex and have to come up with a ride as exciting as possible without going over it. That's just the reality.

I'd love to celebrate my milestone birthday with a 40,000 car. Can I do it? Hell no. But I'll find a way within my budget to enjoy it. And I defy anyone to tell me this ride isn't going to be a winner with guests. As great as Steel Vengeance is, it's not helping CP at all!

As for the capacity on the ride, I'm hopeful. One great thing about the Collars is it eliminates the need for those slow ass seatbelts like on TC and FT.

They have budget and shareholders to adhere to and that's not our worry. It's unfortunate, but they're not playing RCT in sandbox mode, they have a strict cap ex and have to come up with a ride as exciting as possible without going over it. That's just the reality.

Thank you for making my point. Six Flags no longer has the capital to invest in top-tier coasters like Tatsu. Remember that SF filed for bankruptcy a mere 9 years ago. Additionally, their current business model of adding a new attraction every year to every park also hurts their ability to save up for a major coaster. WCR is literally the best they can do not just for now, but for the foreseeable future.

As great as Steel Vengeance is, it's not helping CP at all!

Good point. Something I've emphasized in the past.

And I defy anyone to tell me this ride isn't going to be a winner with guests.

It will definitely increase revenue and attendance for the Q3 and Q4 2019 fiscal year. Is it going to be the smash success that they are banking on now that they switched to the 365 day operating schedule? Time will tell. I believe a dueling raptor or other major coaster would have moved the needle a lot more than this. Speaking personally, I'm not dropping Buku Bucks to check this out like I would have if it were something better.

Reactions: Freak and Magic-Man
I do wonder if we will ever see SF in a position to ever work with the likes of B&M or Mack Rides again. With the addition of this ride, this feels permanent. This ride at SFOG, and we'd be hailing it as the best ride ever. At SFMM, people are outraged. lol

Reactions: Magic-Man
I do wonder if we will ever see SF in a position to ever work with the likes of B&M or Mack Rides again. With the addition of this ride, this feels permanent. This ride at SFOG, and we'd be hailing it as the best ride ever. At SFMM, people are outraged. lol
Just be thankful you’re not a coaster enthusiast in Denver. All you’d be stuck with is that PoC park known as Elitch Gardens. They may even lose that in the near future.

IDK if they’ll work with B&M for a looooong time. They just got out of bankruptcy less than a decade ago. I think adding a T-Rex will be as close as we get.

Just be thankful you’re not a coaster enthusiast in Denver. All you’d be stuck with is that PoC park known as Elitch Gardens. They may even lose that in the near future.

IDK if they’ll work with B&M for a looooong time. They just got out of bankruptcy less than a decade ago. I think adding a T-Rex will be as close as we get.
I lived in Denver for 11 years. The lack of close parks is miserable. You literally have to go to Los Angeles or Texas.

Reactions: SOCAL110

That's actually a really good point & reminds us to keep things in perspective. We are very spoiled here in California with our variety of parks. I would argue we're one of the top regions in the world for amusement/theme parks. Obviously, the other region is Orlando/Florida.

The Midwest also has great parks, but their biggest weakness is they literally only have coasters & flat rides. They don't have any immersive attractions like Pirates of The Carribean or Indiana Jones. So if you don't like coasters or spinners, you're basically out of luck in the Midwest.

I actually agree with this. WCR would have been celebrated in basically any other park. But SFMM is not like any other park, in regards to coasters. It is world-famous for its roller coasters.

Honestly, this would have worked as coaster #19 or #21. Here's an interesting theory. The park gets rid of Green Lantern, which is plausible since it's currently SBNO. Then drops the T-Rex in 2021 for the 50th anniversary & 20th coaster. It's the only coaster they can afford that would WOW the public & fans alike.

It's not going to happen, but let's just say I hope some higher-up at SFMM is reading this thread.

Reactions: Southerncoasterer
I actually agree with this. WCR would have been celebrated in basically any other park. But SFMM is not like any other park, in regards to coasters. It is world-famous for its roller coasters.

Honestly, this would have worked as coaster #19 or #21. Here's an interesting theory. The park gets rid of Green Lantern, which is plausible since it's currently SBNO. Then drops the T-Rex in 2021 for the 50th anniversary & 20th coaster. It's the only coaster they can afford that would WOW the public & fans alike.

It's not going to happen, but let's just say I hope some higher-up at SFMM is reading this thread.

Tbh, I’m hoping that they replace Green Lantern with something like a Gestlauer. Given how cheap Six Flags is, I’m surprised we haven’t seen them yet.