Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hate to say it, but Magic Mountain is going cheap once again. Until new management comes in, that park will continue to suffer. Just looking at the station and surrounding area of Twisted Colossus, makes the area look sad and cheap. While I am sure the ride will be fun. The park continues to move in a cheap and disgusting direction.

FYI- When I worked at the park, food empolyees would take the hamburger patties and play hockey with them in the back. Enjoy your lunch at the park!
Hello, fellow SFMM employee survivor! Two stories come to mind as the worst when I worked there (2011):

1. The internationals that came over to work had their wages garnished so badly that they couldn't afford to eat, so they would instead take the free saltine crackers and dressing packets. SF management caught on quickly, and then started charging employees. For crackers. Other employees felt so awful that they would start sharing their lunches with them. Management refused to buckle the entire summer I was there.

2. I was an entertainment usher for shows nobody would ever go to (it was their first summer without a Batman stunt show), and the biggest draw was a hypnotist act in the Golden Bear theatre. The theatre seats approx 3000 guests. That entire summer, the largest crowd we drew that I recorded was about 350. Usually it would be 100. One day we came in to find on stage left a raccoon corpse, rotting away with maggots festering upon it. It STUNK. Our stage manager and sup debated cancelling the day's shows, and stage manager was all for it. However the sup went up to the stage and walk around it for a bit, sniffing around. She looked over to the janitor, told him to MOVE THE CORPSE with a broom ever so slightly to the left. (since bio would have to take care of it, unavailable at the time) She then sniffed again, dragged the hypnotist out and dictated that the volunteers had to stay in that exact area so they wouldn't smell "the worst of it". And so the show went on. With a rotting raccoon corpse five feet away in the wings.

Don't know about other Six Flags, but I'll never go back to Magic Mountain. Never ever.

This ride...ok, Please please PLEASE bring it to SFMM if anyone in corpreate sees that. This ride looks utterly bonkers from a Six flags perspective. Great job to those involved with it too.

Wow, that looks so fun!!! Very well done. Love the effect where they project a 3D projection on a smoke screen, very cool! Wonderful job.

Would love to see it here. Puts the new Iron Reef ride to shame IMO.

Well, I did get to go on Twisted Colossus....and it was a FATANTASTIC RIDE! That was one airtime beast for sure! Very fun ride, especially when dueling. Its my favorite at the park for sure! That service regarding previews, however, was not so fantastic...

So on Friday, I had to work at 2:30. I figured I would have plenty of time to get up there early and get a few rides in. Sure enough, I arrive, RUN up to Screampunk district, and the area is blocked off. They said come back around noon. Come back a little past noon and they're STILL WORKING ON THE RIDE. At this point, me and several Gold Pass members are fuming because they are very limited on time. A lot if them had to work just like me or pick up their kids or whatever. To try to make up, the employees said that they would extend the preview time....but that was useless to us.

So finally, at 12:45 they FINALLY get the ride working. I had time for one ride. While it was great, this was quite unprofessional on SFMM's part. Apparently the reason for the hold up was because they decided to open the ride for Grad Night but didn't realize they needed more time for maintainence or inspection. Look, I realize that delays happen, but to delay it for HOURS like that is lame and giving your customers a bad name. To promote something to your pass members and end up not delivering it because they couldn't open it in time for a lot of people to check out is unprofessional.

Well, I did get to ride so that's all that matters but geez, that was quite a frustrating experience. It certainly didn't help when the employees were yelling to clear away.

Well it's either delay it for hours or risk someone dying forever.

Things happen sometimes and I'd rather they be overly cautious and I just have to ride some other time than them rush it and get someone killed trying to operate an unsafe ride to please people waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks, my class of 2015 are going to Six Flags for Grad Night. We're going May 28th. I was wondering if you guys could give some tips of what rides I should tackle first. What are some more intense rides? I've only gone when I was 12 and I was a complete kitty haha. No longer though!

Also, has anyone ever gone to Six Flags for their Grad Night? If so,how was it like?

Hey folks, my class of 2015 are going to Six Flags for Grad Night. We're going May 28th. I was wondering if you guys could give some tips of what rides I should tackle first. What are some more intense rides? I've only gone when I was 12 and I was a complete kitty haha. No longer though!

Also, has anyone ever gone to Six Flags for their Grad Night? If so,how was it like?
My must-rides: Tatsu, Superman, Batman, Goliath, Full Throttle.

Reactions: BernardMesa
GO TO TWISTED COLOSSUS! I repeat, GO THERE FIRST! It is simply amazing. Apart from that, I suggest using this order: 

Twisted Colossus -> Lex Luthor:Drop of Doom -> Batman: the Ride -> Superman: EFK -> Ninja -> Tatsu (if queue is filled, bypass it) -> X2 -> Full Throttle 

Then do whatever rides you would like to get in, I know I left a few out, but I'm listing the generals of how you should navigate the park, so get whatever you can with whatever other rides are in the areas of the rides I listed (if that makes sense). Have fun, good luck! 

Reactions: Freak