Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

For what it's worth some elder woman commented on the original video claiming to be a park employee said the park was getting a "power splash". Could mean something could mean nothing.

Whether this particular rumor is fake or not, the old Green Lantern station and queue are still standing, so it seems they at least plan on using it for something in the future, or else they would've torn it down with the rest of the ride.

Whether this particular rumor is fake or not, the old Green Lantern station and queue are still standing, so it seems they at least plan on using it for something in the future, or else they would've torn it down with the rest of the ride.

That is something to point out. And I do think we need to wait on seeing if the station and queue goes down, to then go into the conclusion if it's one thing or not..especially considering, there seemed to of been markings on the DCU side after-all.

Regarding Green Lantern, we know that they're moving it to LaRonde but I've heard they aren't using any of the old track pieces but rather newly manufactured ones? Anyone know why?

The plans are very much real. You just need to know where to search, and I am not saying where to search for them. Can even see stuff for Universal if you know how to search.
It’s amazing what you can find that’s public information in the age of the internet. Like you said you just have to know where to search.

Talked to an insider - this is real, however it might be canceled entirely due to SF hanging on a thin line amongst internal problems the company is facing beyond just the coronavirus. Interesting development

I think a lot will depend on how much capital expenditure budget is cut or deferred to 2022 due to their financial situation. We know they cut 40 million from 2020 (expect skeleton crews this summer, and lower than low capacity). Will they suspend capital expenditures all together for 2021, Limit or defer them?

We know any ride SFMM adds will have a multi purpose. 50th anniversary celebration (you can’t do that in 2022), first to 20th coaster marketing (someone may catch them if they wait too long), and a major annual pass driver.

The company has been hit with a double whammy. A terrible, stock diving year, and a frigging pandemic. And SFMM in particular underperformed. And that’s only going to get worse if they don’t add anything to attract guests back to their tiered membership plans. Still, this could go either way at this point imo.

However, the park did manage to build Terminator:Salvation the year after the financial crisis of 2008.

Last edited:
i don’t disagree, but then why plan this coaster at all?

I mean--the logical answer is to fill the gap now with GL gone, if I was to argue..considering they didn't want to remove the station--odds are they had replacements lined up, and the Jersey Devil-style RMC raptor came to mind at a larger intake, due to the reception of Wonder Woman's Golden Lasso.

MM at a minimum needs to spruce up the park for the 50th. Right now they are closed and painters and carpenters could easily be in the park fixing everything and painting the buildings. Back in the day (and yes I was 1 year old when MM opened), the tower used to be lit up with strings of lights, kind of like the tower at Sea World.

With the LED technology, the tower lit up with an LED package would be awesome. They have it on Crazanity, but unfortunately they hid that ride behind a hill and it can't be seen except in that area or off the 126.

All in all, I think the 50th is going to be a dud. A simple clean up of the park would have been fine for me. DL gets away without adding anything new for their anniversaries. Why can't MM?