Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Thats an insane exaggeration
Well that's his opinion :)  .

While Magic Mountain is a mediocre park, I honestly would rather go on X2, Batman: the Ride, Lex Luthor, Colossus, and Tatsu for a day instead of watching that travesty for a week  :lol:  .

And Allen would you watch Fear factor Live for a month instead of going to Six Flags?  :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats an insane exaggeration
No even 1% an exaggeration lol.

Well that's his opinion :) .

While Magic Mountain is a mediocre park, I honestly would rather go on X2, Batman: the Ride, Lex Luthor, Colossus, and Tatsu for a day instead of watching that travesty for a week :lol: .

And Allen would you watch Fear factor Live for a month instead of going to Six Flags? :p
Yup! Fear Factor Live Starring The Kardashians even...

*shrug* it's just not my thing. I like an occasional cool roller coaster, especially if it's well themed. But to have a park that's almost completely coasters and in general had a cheap vibe about it, it just ain't for me. I'm not a thrill junkie, but not knocking anyone who is!

I don't understand how one can be so negative towards something that they've never even tried.

Magic Mountain is a classic. It's been a while since I've visited, I'm do for a trip. I'd love to visit the Six Flags up towards NorCal...can't think of that one's name.
Um, did you or Jon not read my comment RIGHT before yours? I explained it. It's "a classic" that I don't want to experience. I'm not a thrill junkie, I'm not big on crazy roller coasters because quite frankly I'm scared of them and also just don't see the fun in something THAT crazy that makes you borderline an astronaut in training.

And I've heard too many negative things about the park experience. So that, coupled with me not liking crazy coasters, plus not wanting to spend money on something I don't like when I can spend money on something I DO like (Like Universal and Disney) equals why I don't like or want to go to Six Flags. It's quite simple. I like theme and immersion and adventure rides over crazy looping stuff, which is scary.

"Don't knock it till you try it" doesn't always work as an excuse towards everything. I've been on enough coasters and seen enough videos of Six Flags to know that its rides aren't for me. Quite simple, actually. But as usual, my opinion is invalid for one reason or another and I'm being "too negative".

I agree. At least try it before you diss it.

I've been plenty of times and I've spent enough money to warrant a good rant or two.
So you want me to spend money just so I can make a "valid" opinion on something I already know is not my cup of tea? I've heard negative things about the park experience, and in general I'm terrified of scary coasters. If that isn't a valid opinion just cuz I don't wanna spend money on something I know I don't like, then I'm sorry.

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.

That park IMO is a very underrated and awesome park, definitely worth a visit.
Thank you!!! I didn't feel like googling it haha.

Um, did you or Jon not read my comment RIGHT before yours? I explained it. It's "a classic" that I don't want to experience. I'm not a thrill junkie, I'm not big on crazy roller coasters because quite frankly I'm scared of them and also just don't see the fun in something THAT crazy that makes you borderline an astronaut in training.

And I've heard too many negative things about the park experience. So that, coupled with me not liking crazy coasters, plus not wanting to spend money on something I don't like when I can spend money on something I DO like (Like Universal and Disney) equals why I don't like or want to go to Six Flags. It's quite simple. I like theme and immersion and adventure rides over crazy looping stuff, which is scary.

"Don't knock it till you try it" doesn't always work as an excuse towards everything. I've been on enough coasters and seen enough videos of Six Flags to know that its rides aren't for me. Quite simple, actually. But as usual, my opinion is invalid for one reason or another and I'm being "too negative".

So you want me to spend money just so I can make a "valid" opinion on something I already know is not my cup of tea? I've heard negative things about the park experience, and in general I'm terrified of scary coasters. If that isn't a valid opinion just cuz I don't wanna spend money on something I know I don't like, then I'm sorry.
I understand coasters not being something you like. I was specifically talking about the snarky comments you made in previous posts. They're unnecessary, especially when it comes to someone who's never stepped foot in the park. That's all I'm saying, no need to get defensive. I wasn't trying to be rude.

Another quick thing, just hearing things about something only takes you so far. Before finally visiting Universal four years ago, I didn't hear many positive comments. I heard it was boring with nothing to do. Those comments didn't stop me from going.

It's "a classic" that I don't want to experience. I'm not a thrill junkie, I'm not big on crazy roller coasters because quite frankly I'm scared of them and also just don't see the fun in something THAT crazy that makes you borderline an astronaut in training.

I think the point is be more open to it, you don't know you wont like it if you've never been dude. 

It's cool that you give the park props though, just don't totally dismiss it. I know when I first went I was expecting garbage and most of the coasters but colossus scared me. I was with a friend so I had to go on every ride, and was pleasantly surprised, not only on facing the fears, but the rides were actually fun (C'mon how can you hate X2? It's like a highlight reel of the best moments in coasters)

From what I can tell about you, the biggest coaster you've probably been on it California screaming, and buddy, I can tell you, those "big coasters" feel the exact same. Well okay, bumpier because Disney probably maintains those cars every week, but still. I think you would enjoy a ride like Batman, or the classic Revolution. And especially X2. Everyone loves X2.

In my mind.