Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Really strange that these raptor models keep being bought for bigger parks, i wouldve expected to see a trex model go to magic mountain of all places but hey its still exciting

I thought the same thing when Great Adventure announced theirs, but Six Flags is still trying to keep costs down on new attractions and they really aren't worried about the capacity since longer lines sell more Flash Passes.

1) Question when are AP's getting Free days for Friends again? Literally the best benefit and its been missing for months

2) Went to the parks and even Flash passes are becoming useless on some rides Ninja had a line for Flash passes...NINJA!!! They have really over sold those things and the parks are crazy busy and they still aren't fully staffed...I truly don't get theme parks right now. Also the food lines are a joke and the app at some places doesn't even help...sometimes it works but I lost a snack because you had to get in a line to confirm your phone order....its just a mess right now

1) Question when are AP's getting Free days for Friends again? Literally the best benefit and its been missing for months

2) Went to the parks and even Flash passes are becoming useless on some rides Ninja had a line for Flash passes...NINJA!!! They have really over sold those things and the parks are crazy busy and they still aren't fully staffed...I truly don't get theme parks right now. Also the food lines are a joke and the app at some places doesn't even help...sometimes it works but I lost a snack because you had to get in a line to confirm your phone order....its just a mess right now

SoCal theme parks are greatly understaffed and demand is arguably the highest that it has ever been, so they have no reason to give away free tickets at a time like this. I haven't been to Magic Mountain since reopening, but I have been to USH, Knott's, and DLR. USH is the only one that didn't feel like a total mess, but that might have been because I went on a night with very low crowds.

Six Flags Great Escape in NY announced that they're closing on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for the rest of the season because of staffing shortages. Kings Dominion closed Mondays and Tuesdays for most of June and delayed the opening of their water park for a month because of staffing. They're trying to meet the crushing demand as best they can with what they've got. It's the same all across the hospitality and travel industries right now.

As I understand it, SFMM no longer does bring a friend free days anymore, because a free friend ticket is already embedded in most season passes which can be used anytime.

As I understand it, SFMM no longer does bring a friend free days anymore, because a free friend ticket is already embedded in most season passes which can be used anytime.
But its one and done?

We used to get Free days every few months and all I see is one free ticket in my coupons.
Six Flags Great Escape in NY announced that they're closing on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for the rest of the season because of staffing shortages. Kings Dominion closed Mondays and Tuesdays for most of June and delayed the opening of their water park for a month because of staffing. They're trying to meet the crushing demand as best they can with what they've got. It's the same all across the hospitality and travel industries right now.
They aren't trying that hard, its been months. People aren't wanting to work for you then YOUR company is the issue, are you not paying enough? Not enough benefits? Does the job suck and you do nothing to make it better?

I'm paying them for a product and they clearly can't sell me what myself and everyone else wants, for now I just avoid most the parks but they need to get it together they have something people want and can't staff it, thats just insane to me.

MM does not need to give out any free tickets right now. They are packed everyday. Prior to the closure last year, it was rare that they went into the overflow lots on weekdays. They now go into the overflow lots everyday. But look how many employees have the orange name tags (meaning they are under 18). You got to think most of them are going back to school in a few weeks. The Hart District (high schools) start on August 10. Beginning the 16th, the park starts closing at 6pm on weekdays as does HH. In addition, HH closes on weekdays beginning August 30.

MM does not need to give out any free tickets right now. They are packed everyday. Prior to the closure last year, it was rare that they went into the overflow lots on weekdays. They now go into the overflow lots everyday. But look how many employees have the orange name tags (meaning they are under 18). You got to think most of them are going back to school in a few weeks. The Hart District (high schools) start on August 10. Beginning the 16th, the park starts closing at 6pm on weekdays as does HH. In addition, HH closes on weekdays beginning August 30.
lol

Insane the parks have never been this crowded and they plan on closing at 6. Who ever runs Six Flags needs to be fired, this is insane.

Hire more people and let that park stay open until January until 8-9 PM if the crowds allow it

lol

Insane the parks have never been this crowded and they plan on closing at 6. Who ever runs Six Flags needs to be fired, this is insane.

Hire more people and let that park stay open until January until 8-9 PM if the crowds allow it
Well, there is a shortage of people willing to work. That’s probably a significant factor of why they have short hours.

Don't forget last month, they partnered with the state to give away 50,000 free tickets as an incentive to get vaccinated so that could also be contributing to increased crowds and no longer offering free friend tickets.

Well, there is a shortage of people willing to work. That’s probably a significant factor of why they have short hours.
I keep hearing this, maybe you pay them more and or make the job suck less?

Like people won't pass up on a good/well paying job

It's insane to me the lengths these companies go to not just fix the labor problem. The Park has demand, so hire people. People don't want to work with you, why? It's not them your company is doing something wrong
They should probably just close the park for another year. Maybe that will make people happy again.
I paid for my AP through Covid, because I like the park. But now they are reopen and
1) Don't have the staff for anything but stores
2) Are over selling FF making the lines worst
3) Having issues with the mobile orders and at places without having just as big lines
4) taking away free tickets but im paying the same, for a more packed park

I do not think the park is being managed well and anyone who goes for longer than a few hours can see how bad it can get

Last edited: